Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dogs in Woodlands, Greater Houston » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs in Woodlands, Greater Houston
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bdavis bdavis is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Dogs in Woodlands, Greater Houston Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Lost Dogs played last night in the Woodlands area of Greater Houston. Although the audience was smaller than anticipated, those present were obviously die-hard Dog fans. Terry, Mike, & Derri skipped their promoted solo work and jumped right onto Lost Dog material. Equipped only with acoustic guitars and a high energy spirit, the Dogs played through classic and new to be released songs off of the forth coming CD.

This being the first time I have seen the Dogs live, I quickly realized that Mike is the comedian of the group as he had the audience rolling in their chairs with his antics and comments. At one point Mike even suggested that Derri get castrated to enhance his ability to sing the high notes. Terry closed out the show with a Spirit filled version of the DA song “Joel”.

After the show, the Dogs were available to speak to and to sign CD’s. I asked Terry if the much talked about DA concert in Southern California would materialize. He replied that he had prior projects and commitments to fulfill, but yes, the DA concert should happen soon. My wife, who has never really been a Dog fan, commented, “ they are a whole lot better in concert than on vinyl….. I really did not want to go with you…… but I am really glad that I did”.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
09-27-2002 09:04 bdavis is offline Send an Email to bdavis Search for Posts by bdavis Add bdavis to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bdavis
I really did not want to go with you…… but I am really glad that I did”.

Big Grin

the Dogs are so much fun live!!

BD

09-27-2002 09:38 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

web Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
My wife, who has never really been a Dog fan, commented, “ they are a whole lot better in concert than on vinyl….. I really did not want to go with you…… but I am really glad that I did”.

Vinyl?
09-27-2002 10:41 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
replied that he had prior projects and commitments to fulfill, but yes, the DA concert should happen soon. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

What's that???? eh????

DA concert in So. Cal?????

could it be????

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

09-27-2002 11:51 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Yup Ed McTaggert actually brought that up a while back,
he suggested DA at the House of Blues...

Smile

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-27-2002 11:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I am so jealous. I missed it. And it was only 4-5 hours away. What a shame. I'm sad.

09-27-2002 12:43 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Give me a time and place and I'll be there!!!!

09-27-2002 12:46 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I am so jealous. I missed it. And it was only 4-5 hours away. What a shame. I'm sad.

It hasn't happened yet silly...

09-27-2002 12:57 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

I'm talking about the concert in the Woodlands. Frown

09-27-2002 16:59 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

I'm talking about the concert in the Woodlands. Frown

yeah, I knew that....

now Roll Eyes

09-27-2002 17:11 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

just shows to go you

09-27-2002 17:20 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Two concerts in Austin, one in the Woodlands. Both a little over 4 hours away. I have a great aunt and uncle who live in the Woodlands. Originally I had hoped to go to the show in San Antonio since it is only 2 1/2 hours away, but they did two in Austin instead. My mother, my wife and kids, and I have all been planning on going to the Woodlands to see my great aunt and uncle who are both very elderly. I had hoped to go up early Thursday for the show and have the rest drive up Friday night after work and we would all stay at my relatives. This would have meant going to the show by myself, but so what, I'd have seen the Dogs. Anyway, it didn't work out. My family wanted to wait to go to the Woodlands after the election*, and I was going to have to work Saturday. Then I found out I'll be working Sunday instead. So I may have been able to go by myself on Thursday and come back Friday. If only someone here in Corpus Christi would have sponsored a show. I am really upset that I missed the show. They hardly ever come to Texas unless it's Dallas.

* The November election. My father is running for County Commissioner and we're all helping him.

09-27-2002 18:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
bdavis bdavis is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Thread Starter Thread Started by bdavis
Dogs in the Woodlands Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did I say that The Dogs were sounding really good, and as Mike did say, the most professional act in Houston last night?

I'm still smiling. Pleased Smile ) Smile Big Grin
09-27-2002 18:18 bdavis is offline Send an Email to bdavis Search for Posts by bdavis Add bdavis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

09-27-2002 18:19 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
bdavis bdavis is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Thread Starter Thread Started by bdavis

quote:
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The only way it could have been any better was if more Dog fans such as you could have made it.
09-28-2002 14:19 bdavis is offline Send an Email to bdavis Search for Posts by bdavis Add bdavis to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I am really sad that I missed it.

09-28-2002 14:19 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dogs in Woodlands, Greater Houston

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH