Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » My most successful used book store hit ever... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page My most successful used book store hit ever...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

My most successful used book store hit ever... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

or almost...

So, here I go, and there I went... over to my local Used Bookstore this morning to look for Buechner.

Unforunately, I didn't find any Buechner, but I did pick up a John Irving for a dollar on the closeout shelves. I've picked up some great books on those closeout shelves, like an immaculate hardbound Tommyknockers for only $1.00! (Yeah, how 'bout that Babe!)

So, I was about to give up and leave, having looked for Buechner in the entire "B" section of both their impoverished "Christian Fiction" secton and their ordinary fiction section, and having found nothing.

I casually turned and glanced at the Classical Music CDs. (I have a confession here, boys, I'm a Classical Music fan also. I have certain classical musicians I look for every time I'm in the Used Bookstore.)

Anyway, what do I see???????

WHAT DO I SEEE???????????

There it is...
beaming up RED at me...
"Daniel Amos, Vox Humana, The Alarma Chronicles Volume III"

Can you believe it???????!?!?!?!

Instead of paying $70 on eBay, I get to walk away with Vox Humana (on Disc now... I already had it on an old dusty and scratched Record Album) for only SIX BUCKS!

Yeeeahaaa!

(Can't wait to see the look on my co-worker's faces when I break out in Dance-Stop!)

What a day!

What an extraordinary, ordinary Day!!!!

Cheers!
Gus

P.S. Can you believe they put THAT in the Classical music section? I think GOD put THAT in the Classical Music section when they weren't lookin...

Smile

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

04-25-2002 13:31 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kaf-N-8ed
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed

(Can't wait to see the look on my co-worker's faces when I break out in Dance-Stop!)

Ooops, wrong album. I haven't made my DFBB score yet.

Well, there's always tomorrow...

Tomorrow...

Cheers!
G

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

04-25-2002 13:35 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kaf-N-8ed
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh wait... there it is!

Yeah, Baby, I thought that was on here...

Well, tell me please how love can be
With a kick / snare giving you a fantasy
(Ain't no future far as I can see)

If I could dance, I might agree
I said

2: Dance....stop
Dance....stop
I can't stop, dance stop, can't stop, dance stop
STOP!!!

(aaaaaaaahhhhhh...DANCE!!!)
3: Can't stop baby (DANCE STOP)
Don't mean maybe (DANCE STOP)
Can't stop baby (DANCE STOP)
Don't mean maybe
DANCE STOP! DANCE DROP! DANCE ROCK!
CAN'T STOP! WOOOOOOOOO!!!
Contortionists are caught up in the cameras eye
The music explodes and the bodies fly
They're rating it a ten before they drop and die
"IT HAD A GOOD BEAT!" was their very last cry

Repeat 2

(brrrrriiiiiiidge!)

Rock n' rollin' feels better then bowling
Bowling' feels better when the ball is rollin'
Bombs explodin' get the blood to flowin'
So bowl me over cos' my fear is growing'

Repeat 1, 2, 3 and 2

(mmmmmmmmm DANCE!!!) 3

STOP!!!

Gus, sits down and wipes the sweat off his forehead...

For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava

04-25-2002 13:39 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Now you do know if you go and sell that for $70 on e-bay that you will be banned from this board for life??? Wink The way you're enjoying it, doesn't sound like that'll happen. Score 1 for coffee-man.

04-25-2002 13:56 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

that's pretty awesome. I foound DG used and bought it on princple as I already have it.

Congrats!

04-25-2002 15:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
danamos63
unregistered
bowling Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is it possible that tst is on the Professional bowling tour. He makes a lot of references to that wonderful sport.(Dance Stop, God went Bowling) Just a thought
04-28-2002 01:38
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by danamos63
Is it possible that tst is on the Professional bowling tour. He makes a lot of references to that wonderful sport.(Dance Stop, God went Bowling) Just a thought

could be Smile

04-28-2002 16:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

My greatest used book store find was the 77's Sticks and Stones. A close second would be Jacob's Trouble Knock, Breathe, Shine.

07-08-2010 21:42 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Once at a library sale before I even read Buechner avidly I found "The Son of Laughter" for $1. That was cool. When I was in seminary they had a booksale once a semester. I was in charge of the intake--checking what came in as donations against the library catalog. This gave me first access to the books--I got Wishful THinking and the Alphabet of Grace.
My best CD find at a store was probably Squint by Steve Taylor for $.50. But I did buy Outdoor Elvis from someone in college who was purging their CD collection. I paid $6. Well, happy hunting everyone.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
07-09-2010 12:57 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

RE: My most successful used book store hit ever... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
or almost...

So, here I go, and there I went... over to my local Used Bookstore this morning to look for Buechner.

Unforunately, I didn't find any Buechner, but I did pick up a John Irving for a dollar on the closeout shelves. I've picked up some great books on those closeout shelves, like an immaculate hardbound Tommyknockers for only $1.00! (Yeah, how 'bout that Babe!)

So, I was about to give up and leave, having looked for Buechner in the entire "B" section of both their impoverished "Christian Fiction" secton and their ordinary fiction section, and having found nothing.

I casually turned and glanced at the Classical Music CDs. (I have a confession here, boys, I'm a Classical Music fan also. I have certain classical musicians I look for every time I'm in the Used Bookstore.)

Anyway, what do I see???????

WHAT DO I SEEE???????????

There it is...
beaming up RED at me...
"Daniel Amos, Vox Humana, The Alarma Chronicles Volume III"

Can you believe it???????!?!?!?!

Instead of paying $70 on eBay, I get to walk away with Vox Humana (on Disc now... I already had it on an old dusty and scratched Record Album) for only SIX BUCKS!

Yeeeahaaa!

What a day!

What an extraordinary, ordinary Day!!!!

Cheers!
Gus

P.S. Can you believe they put THAT in the Classical music section? I think GOD put THAT in the Classical Music section when they weren't lookin...

Smile

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
07-09-2010 13:31 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I had a pretty good hit at Cheapo Records about 2 months ago.
I found a buncha old cassettes, Daniel Amos, Eddies, DAs, tons of stuff.
77s, maybe 20 tapes in all.
Most of it I had, but it's nice to have a spare back-up copy!

07-11-2010 07:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » My most successful used book store hit ever...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH