Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mr. Amos & the "to do" list » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mr. Amos & the "to do" list
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Mr. Amos & the "to do" list Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Mr. Amos,

I'm sure you're having a great evening in your luxurious West Coast rockstar pad... Work must be hard with having your personal accountant add up all the royalty cheques that keep stacking up.

But I want to inform you of your official "to do" list, as given to you by me (but of course I speak for ALL fans).
As much as we love you and appreciate your music Mr. Amos, we can't turn a blind eye to the fact that your fans need much more music than you're currently providing them.
I believe this "to do" list will help you prioritize what you spend your valuable time and energy on.

1. The first 2 TST solo albums (Knowledge & Innocence / A Briefing For The Ascent) MUST be rereleased. Yes, of course they will be expanded editions.

2. The first 3 Swirling Eddies albums (Let's Spin / Outdoor Elvis / Zoom Daddy) MUST be made into a deluxe boxset. It should come with 2 extra CD's (cd1 - eddie demos & b-sides / cd2 - live eddies)

3. Horrendous Disc finally gets its proper treatment and by making it a double disc with all music recorded in this beautiful era included. DA's definitive version of this album is an absolute MUST...as it's one of the world's greatest rock albums...period.

4. Motorcycle becomes overhauled by giving it the royal treatment. And by that I mean that it becomes a 3xcd with Motorcycle Tracks added as the 2nd disc, and the 3rd disc is a new live in-studio version of the album, stripped down...and with Jason Martin adding some extra geetars!

5. The !Alarma! Chronicles become revisited again. This time, no "bookset". Instead, a boxset with that includes all the stuff from the cutting room floor of this era. Very comprehensive. The CD's and packaging should all look like LP's.

6. Kalhoun Retuned - this overlooked album is rereleased as a 2xcd set, with cd1 being the orginal album with a modest amount of bonus tracks. cd2 is the exact same album (basic tracks) with Terry's mature ears behind the soundboards remixing...and adding additional instrumentation.

7. Bibleland Rediscovered - a simple 2xcd set with cd1 being the usual regular album rounded out by rough takes and b-sides. cd2 is Terry first complete (and serious) cover album...all from christian artists in light if the "Bible" theme...

8. Shotgun Angel - finally gets the exposure it deserves by being rereleased as a unique 2xcd. The 2nd disc is Taylor and Michael Roe reworking the tracks...

9. Record some more Starter Set stuff with J. Martin...and make it a 4xcd album where each album can play and sound good alone, but if you play them all together...you have something really special!

...I have MANY more ideas, but I think that this little list should get you started. It woudl be great if you could have all of these out by next summer...that way you would totally dominate the summer festival season.
I'm glad I could be of help Mr. Amos.
God Bless,
- cb

10-09-2009 21:04 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here, I've written it down,
I've circled the date
Right now is not good
but I'll charge out the gate
Startin' Monday

10-09-2009 21:43 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You wanna fund any of these wonderful ideas? Wink

10-09-2009 21:56 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I would be happy with a new DA record.

10-10-2009 04:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

10-10-2009 04:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Really really happy I guess! Shocked

10-10-2009 04:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

This is not to say that Lost Dogs now takes precedence over DA in terms of Terry's involvement, but I do believe folks have to hold tight until the Route 66 album finishes.
10-10-2009 06:40 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
digger digger is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-497.jpg

Registration Date: 07-11-2007
Location: " I caught sight of you and your beauty broke my heart" TST Bobcaygeon,Ont, Canada

Holding tight has never been one of my strong point's. Back in the "day"
I never knew(live in canada) when a new record was coming until I saw it in the store, all this new technology makes me much more anxious. But the anticipation is also part of the fun.

10-10-2009 07:34 digger is offline Send an Email to digger Search for Posts by digger Add digger to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for digger
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

"I never knew(live in canada) when a new record was coming until I saw it in the store"

You saw DA albums in a store! Shocked

Those must have been the good ol' days.

10-10-2009 07:55 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by digger
Holding tight has never been one of my strong point's. Back in the "day"
I never knew(live in canada) when a new record was coming until I saw it in the store, all this new technology makes me much more anxious. But the anticipation is also part of the fun.

We were often the same way. There were a few exceptions, but we generally never heard about anything until it was already released. Then it was sort of just a fluke to find it. I can remember searching for the original Darn Floor when it came out.... going from store to store trying to find one that had it. Only one store had it on CD and I think they only had one copy. It seems like Jason got that one and I forget how I got mine. May have had to order it through the store.

Theres definitely been a change of attitudes among fans because of the internet. Back then, waiting years for an album was "normal"... now everything is expected instantly by some. Its weird to think about how things have progressed... a one stop website with tour info, online ordering with credit cards and other info would have been a dream come true back then..

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-10-2009 13:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

oh, you old timer, you

Psalm 119:83
10-10-2009 17:51 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

We go back farther than that... I just remember the Darn Floor search well for some reason. It was a pain.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-10-2009 20:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

sure, sure, pal... from where i sit anybody who was still trying to figure out which end of the potty chair to use when DA cut their first album is a whippersnapper

Psalm 119:83
10-10-2009 20:56 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Albums? I first heard DA when they were traveling minstrels visiting our tiny hamlet.

10-10-2009 22:16 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
sure, sure, pal... from where i sit anybody who was still trying to figure out which end of the potty chair to use when DA cut their first album is a whippersnapper

Well... young or old, you've got us all beat I'm afraid.

10-10-2009 22:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by PuP
Albums? I first heard DA when they were traveling minstrels visiting our tiny hamlet.

Minstrels? I remember when Steve Baxter and Terry played a prehistoric
version of "The Bible" on the Divje Babe flute in the Flinstone's backyard.
10-10-2009 23:04 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey! I just googled Terry Taylor and Bucyrus and found nothing.
10-10-2009 23:10 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
This is not to say that Lost Dogs now takes precedence over DA in terms of Terry's involvement, but I do believe folks have to hold tight until the Route 66 album finishes.

Sadly I think the Lost Dogs is (to use Terry's words on FB) his "main gig" now.
So yes I think the dogs do take precedence over DA.
I think MBD is the last DA album.
It has been 8 years since it came out.
It is a great album to cap off a career with, but still the idea leaves me very sad.

10-11-2009 05:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mr. Amos & the "to do" list

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH