Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Big » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Big
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Big Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, I admit that I don't yet own a copy of the LITTLE big EP, but as soon as the budget permits (after Christmas perhaps), I'll be ordering it. From what I've read, it sounds like a classic Taylor gem.

Which got me to wondering, why did Taylor abandon the BIG full-length? Was it ever started, then scraped? Is it possible for him to still make it, or is it just buried in the past?

Thoughts?

11-24-2008 14:44 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure it ever really went beyond the idea stage. To be honest, I'm not even sure it was Terry's idea.. it was just announced by the management at the time. Every time its come up when I've been around, Terry seemed a little annoyed that folks had been told that it was coming.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-24-2008 14:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can see how Terry wouldn't be too pleased when a management team tries to manipulate Terry's artistic direction, especially by talking about an upcoming project that the artist hasn't committed himself to.

Oh well, the logic seemed right, with the Small - Big contrasts and all.
Thanks for the info about it.
I can't wait to get be able to order this EP.

11-25-2008 19:33 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Still, It would be a cool album....

11-26-2008 11:47 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

RE: Big Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

changing the order....

11-26-2008 12:56 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Bumpage
11-26-2008 17:04 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Here's how you follow up LITTLE big...with a cookbook:

11-27-2008 08:34 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
me-is-e me-is-e is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

bump

me-is-e
11-27-2008 23:11 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Maybe we need one of these: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

11-28-2008 23:56 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Terry could use this drum:

12-03-2008 19:49 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Big

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH