Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Terry Scott Taylor's Swine Before Pearl Vol 1 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Terry Scott Taylor's Swine Before Pearl Vol 1
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Terry Scott Taylor's Swine Before Pearl Vol 1 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-28-2010 16:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well said.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by James: 12-28-2010 17:13.

12-28-2010 17:12 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The first special edition track (that I know of) has been posted on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyQ91ck7A1c

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-29-2010 21:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Very Cool!

12-29-2010 21:51 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

I enjoyed the album very much, especially the second half. The only minor quibble I have is with the acoustic remake of The Twist. I didn't care for the alterations (especially vocally). That's one of my favorite Terry songs and I just found this version rather lackluster. Otherwise, a very enjoyable listening experience.
12-29-2010 22:51 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

The versions you hear on this CD would be like how Terry wrote the song, when the band gets ahold of the music it changes around some. These are all essentially demos.

12-30-2010 07:35 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I think it holds together well. The intro, talking about songs, "Debi Comes Home," etc. help it to cohere. For later releases, I'd love to hear any more Crime Horse or Surfonic demos Terry may have. Any chance of Mothman stuff coming out? I think y'all had said before that Doug Tennapel was keeping that project locked up.
12-30-2010 12:31 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

He had wanted us to wait until the film itself was released in some form. For years, the delay has largely been getting an edit that he was happy with. We saw a new edit of it a few months back that looked pretty good to me... so, maybe we can move on the soundtrack stuff pretty soon.

I don't know if he would want it to be a part of a series like this or released as its own soundtrack disc.

audiori has attached this image (reduced version):
Point Pleasnat.jpg

12-30-2010 12:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

I really had fun listening to "Swine." I got the standard edition, no personalized stuff on it.

It really was like (and I'm sure this was the intent) I went over to Terry's house one day and he played a few songs as we sat around and talked and then he said "hey, want to hear some crazy demos and stuff in the archive?"

Actually, my favorite part was the acoustic songs with the intros, the released and unreleased. I would easily pay $20 for an entire CD of Terry doing that.

Considering there's very little overhead involved in putting together the disc and it only takes an afternoon of Terry's time to record (plus mixing and mastering,) this could be a really good way to help finance the new DA album. Especially if he has the time to put together a couple more of these in the next few months.

Great concept and very cool CD!
12-30-2010 13:12 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah thats kind of the plan to some extent. A grass roots effort to sort of help fund the more elaborate releases. Terry has been involved in so many projects over the years, he has a wealth of songs that will never be used in any 'official' release type of venture. I mean for example, he wrote a lot of songs for Frontline releases, I wouldn't mind to hear those the way Terry originally wrote them.

12-30-2010 13:42 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Terry Scott Taylor's Swine Before Pearl Vol 1

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH