Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Via Chicago DVDs - Lost Dogs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Via Chicago DVDs - Lost Dogs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Via Chicago DVDs - Lost Dogs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

we were just enjoying these great DVDs the other night and I wondered ...

Does anyone know the actual order (played in concert) of the songs on these 2 great DVDs from jeffrey k at lo-fidelity?

What about the actual order of the interview segments?

BTW the "all we left unsaid" DVD is still available at lo-fidelity (in addition to the great 77s DVD)
http://www.lo-fidelity.com/

if jeffrey k happens by ... do you think you will ever re-release the original Via Chicago DVD, or combine the 2 into one release?

Thanks!

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 11-16-2007 14:11.

11-16-2007 14:10 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't answer MF's questions but I can second that "via Chicago" is fantastic!

11-16-2007 14:17 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: Via Chicago DVDs - Lost Dogs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan

BTW the "all we left unsaid" DVD is still available at lo-fidelity (in addition to the great 77s DVD)

And of course at www.thelostdogs.com and www.77s.com Happy

Sorry - just thought I'd throw that out there as the Dogs have some hefty bills we're trying to pay off at the moment. Happy

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-16-2007 18:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

RE: Via Chicago DVDs - Lost Dogs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

is the Christmas disc going to be for sale here? will that help some of the cost overrun?

11-16-2007 18:54 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah it should be at the Dogs site at the very least.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
11-16-2007 20:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
[And of course at www.thelostdogs.com and www.77s.com Happy

Sorry - just thought I'd throw that out there as the Dogs have some hefty bills we're trying to pay off at the moment. Happy

Looks good to me. Order placed. Cool

11-16-2007 20:17 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:

any projected date???

11-16-2007 20:55 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
we were just enjoying these great DVDs the other night and I wondered ...

Does anyone know the actual order (played in concert) of the songs on these 2 great DVDs from jeffrey k at lo-fidelity?

A Certain Love
Vegas Story
The Wall Of Heaven
If You Loved Here...
In The Distance
**Rebecca Go Home**
**Dust On The Bible**
**3 Legged Dog**
The Great Divide
**Real Men Cry**
Wild Ride
Moses In The Desert
**Be My Hiding Plance**
**Golden Dreams**
Bad Indigestion
Why Is The Devil Red?
Honeysuckle Breeze
Breathe Deep
Joel

The songs with ** around them signify the songs that were on the second DVD.

quote:
What about the actual order of the interview segments?

Basically the interviews happened right after the show was over and the band had sold stuff, signed CD's, posed for pictures, and had some deep dish pizza. John Thompson was hired to put together a list of questions that would have some sort of relevance to the set-list, and then he interviewed each Dog one by one...followed by the band as a whole. The whole process maybe took and hour or so. Allot of the footage was unusable and more like "insider chit chat".....so we used the stuff that actually went with the songs. I guess the best way to make "order of the interviews" is that John asked his questions in the order of the set-list...so you can kinda match it with the list above.

quote:

Yes...thank you! Many many copies are still available in the lo-fi and Dogs stores! Anybody on the fence about buying this....please know this DVD isn't "leftovers" or junk. It's really great footage and a nice DVD.

quote:
if jeffrey k happens by ... do you think you will ever re-release the original Via Chicago DVD, or combine the 2 into one release?

I am looking into possibly re-releasing 100 copies of the first DVD. Initially I had talked to Mike about doing it for Christmas, but I have been so busy working on the Dogs Christmas CD and the 77's "99" CD that I ran out of time.

In terms of combining the 2 releases....I've thought about it. But the reality is that the whole production was terribly expensive to produce, and both DVD's have had such overall limited interest within the fan-base that I would rather do something new than keep on revisiting this DVD. I'm proud of it, and glad it was done, but it's done....

jeffrey k.

11-17-2007 12:53 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
quote:

any projected date???

The band should have some copies of the Christmas CD for the brief tour they are doing, and then online sales should start shipping on the 4th or 5th of December. (It will depend on our friends at UPS.)

jeffrey k.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 11-17-2007 13:12.

11-17-2007 13:00 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
I am looking into possibly re-releasing 100 copies of the first DVD. Initially I had talked to Mike about doing it for Christmas, but I have been so busy working on the Dogs Christmas CD and the 77's "99" CD that I ran out of time.

Ok.....so I found the time....50 copies are now available.

jeffrey k.

11-29-2007 22:30 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Anyone that doesn't have that DVD should pick it up.

11-29-2007 22:46 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Anyone that doesn't have that DVD should pick it up.

click click boom for the 'Dog's Christmas album purchase.
A no-go for the "Left Unsaid" set. They won't let me order until Dec 1.

11-30-2007 10:55 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

got it... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....Via Chicago...(all we left unsaid) came in the mail yesterdiddy.
Uploading to my Sandisk as we speak.....DVD to be played tonight.

Thanks, Jeffrey.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ladrtrk55: 12-11-2007 10:03.

12-11-2007 10:01 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Via Chicago DVDs - Lost Dogs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH