Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs Club Da Da » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs Club Da Da
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

The Lost Dogs Club Da Da Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I saw The lost dogs at Club Da Da in Dallas March 16 2002. It was really short but neat. I have seen Da and the Dogs at Cornerstone 2000 and I have seen 77's a bunch of times. This concert started late like 11:00 pm the Dogs were pretty beat down. They had played a church in Ft worth earlier. It was still very refreshing. This is a secular bar scene but it was just a pleasant time. I barely got off my second job to go cause I found out at the last minute. But my wife and I made it in time and there wasn't a bad spot in the bar. I know the guy who runs the bar from when he used to run a CD Warehouse and knew he was behind getting the Dogs there. Though they grabbed a local Bass player and Drummer at the last minute they still pulled it off. I felt sorry for the Bass Player cause he had to dance around notes till he picked up the chord progressions. Of course Terry's use to Tim Chandler who's playing doesn't like to follow the norm. Bizarre thing was I saw the drummer and realized I had gone to Mountainview College like 10 -15 years ago at the same time, when he had long hair and dressed in a long black trench coat. Like Steve Taylor during the "I Predict" time. He played very well and I heard he plays in a country band now. Mike the bar manager confirmed that that was the same guy. (My wife says that I always think I've seen someone before and it couldn't be the same person, but I was right this time.) Then there was this little guy walking around who use to come into a gas station ("There's the counter kid with the insufficient mustache") I worked at in Ovilla, Texas. He was in a band called Scattered Few. He also had a project called Skyglassblue. He saw me wearing a Mototrcycle shirt at the time and flipped because Terry had produced his first album. I beleived he smoked Marlboro Medium 100's. (Gas station clerks always remeber the smokers by their cigarettes.) It was weird for me to run into someone that new Terry but it must have been weird for him to run into a Da fan in a small podunk town in Texas. I think he has realtives near the area and wanted to get away from LA. But he was having fun and after the concert constantly talking to Terry. I think he might of had a little too much in the spirits category. I think Terry means a lot to him.
After the concert the band guys are like sitting in this back room and the only person I've talked to here is Mike the bar manager. I couldn't bring myself to talk to anyone. It's like when you say hi everyone says the same thing "Thanks for coming to the show driving out tonight" Then your like in the same category as everyone else which is ok but, I decided to just sit right near them like a fly on the couch and listen. I happened to be near Derri and he looked at me and said "Are you tired?" "Yeah" I said "Ya'll are going to be in Colorado tomorrow" he said"yeah will fly out" or something "tomorrow" Then all these guys from local bands started talking to them. One guy gave Terry a CD called "shoot all the bad people" or something like that. They were taking most of the Dogs time talking so I just sat and listened which was great. Derri was talking about producing Twila Paris and some bands from England. Derri also talked about how he really like Kings X. I think the guitar players playing espeacially. Mike Roe comes walking in "somebody stole my beer!" He drinks shinerbock. Nobody was drunk just really tired and winding down. So it might "burst your bubble" but it was all casual. I think Derri might have been drinking a gin and tonic maybe Terry also. Terry looked exhausted. Their was the lady from the christian Club The Door and she was trying to figure on some place to go. I was like thinking to myself "this place is cool don't go." Terry was like "I'm tired!" almost like a sleepy little kid after a big day. Then Mike Roe is like "Come on Terry! It's the Rock'n Roll life!" Terry responds quickly, "Oh yeah I've seen the Rock'n Roll life" Then starts portraying someone vomiting. "the whole trip" or something like that. Then Mike goes "Oh you had to bring that up!" I guess Mike had gotten sick on the Tour. I don't know if they went to Cafe Brazil or some other place or just went back to where they were staying. But everyone got up and my wife and I got up and we left first. I kept thinking that I should have asked Terry something or told him something but the night seemed perfect to me and I'm thinking if I can afford to and my wife we'll go i can see him at Cornerstone.

-drtuddle

03-27-2002 12:30 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey,

got a kick out of your review of the post-show goings-on... i can totally picture it from your description Smile

thanks for sharing!

03-27-2002 17:32 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
bdavis bdavis is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You have basically informed us that the band was consuming the fruits of the grain and vine in apparent moderation in which there is no condemnation. I question whether this image is beneficial considering the consumption of alcoholic beverages is possibly the most prevalent form of substance abuse in society. But the larger question is were the Dog’s in concert able to convey the fruits of the Holy Spirit and the state of a fallen creation in the same manner as projected in their studio recordings? Smile
03-28-2002 15:40 bdavis is offline Send an Email to bdavis Search for Posts by bdavis Add bdavis to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
I saw The lost dogs at Club Da Da in Dallas March 16 2002.
-drtuddle

fun stuff!!!

any time any place, it's well worth it to see the Dogs!!
BD

03-28-2002 21:02 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Question wacky fan Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
in Dallas - drtuddle

08-13-2007 13:28 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs Club Da Da

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH