Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Should I??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Should I???
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Should I??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm working on getting out of debt. Should I sell my copy of the Alarma Book set? I still have all the LP's and I've made CDR backups of the book set.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
03-09-2007 09:28 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My humble opinion? Get out of debt first, by any means necessary. Then you can worry about what albums you own.

03-09-2007 09:54 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I assume they are your last cds since you're selling them, so I'd say no.

03-09-2007 12:23 Ron E is online Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I would make 2 CDR copies of each first.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-09-2007 12:49 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

I think... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

God's blessings on your trying to get out of debt.

My Grandma at a lean time in life had to hock her wedding ring at the pawn shop. Thank God she was able to buy it back. I think you might regret it later, especially considering the AC are unique and now relatively rare.

Sometimes I hear people talk about budgets and justification when buying or selling recordings, but is it really that significant in the scheme of things, compared to everything else we spend money on?

03-09-2007 13:25 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
I would make 2 CDR copies of each first.

is terry's legal team on board with that? Confused

Evil

bobd

03-09-2007 13:34 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

They generally only care about cases of potential widespread unauthorized distribution and/or profiting off of counterfit copies of albums.. so, no.. I doubt that would even show up on their radar.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-09-2007 14:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by sprinklerhead
RE: I think... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Sometimes I hear people talk about budgets and justification when buying or selling recordings, but is it really that significant in the scheme of things, compared to everything else we spend money on?

Good point. However, I have been trying to pay specific attention to what we spend money on. We have been carrying debt for years and it is really starting to tick me off. Whatever was so important for me to charge on my card so long ago has cost me way more than it ever was worth. I'm trying to unload all of my debt and I am almost ready to do whatever it takes - get a 2nd job, sell my car, sell my children or even sell off a great CD set. It really is a weight that I don't want to carry anymore.

03-09-2007 15:46 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

then let it go.

Sometimes things that seemed so important - yes- even DA CDs can be outweighted by more pressing things.

I want to see the boys or other IMPORTANT bands everytime they are within 500 miles of me..and yes - i deserve it and I should- but I don't.

If its in your heart- Cut your losses-let it go;

~and may the bidding begin.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-09-2007 18:08 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Instead you should skip eating out out restaurants for a month. That only will save you the money you would make selling the CD's.

03-09-2007 19:40 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

MARK!
you cant say that - I just got back from my favorite mexican dive~
the wifey even had taquitos!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-09-2007 22:27 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
Instead you should skip eating out out restaurants for a month. That only will save you the money you would make selling the CD's.

True, this .sucks up more money than buying / hanging onto CDs ever will.
This and filling up the gas tank. Frown

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 03-10-2007 06:21.

03-10-2007 06:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Most of us work hard for a living.
It's a nada shame if you can't have something for yourself.

I say hang onto it.

03-10-2007 06:24 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by sprinklerhead

quote:
Originally posted by Mark

We stopped doing that in January.

03-10-2007 08:14 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

You're on the right track then.

03-10-2007 21:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

give up cable tv before you give up da cds.............

bobd

03-10-2007 23:33 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Should I???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH