Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I have to drive 9 hours tomorrow... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I have to drive 9 hours tomorrow...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I have to drive 9 hours tomorrow... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

with no DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My crazy wife doesn't like them, so we'll have none of it with us. I do have plenty of music ready to play, so i'll still have a rockin' good time.

We're going on vacation to Virginia. We'll also be visiting DC over the weekend, but a wedding in Virginia on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it and it makes today suck beyond all suckiness.

What music do i have planned?

Superchunk
Philistines JR
Mike Knott (wife LOVES Mikey)
Jay Farrar
Supergrass
Neutral Milk Hotel
Grandaddy
Jayhawks
Tom Waits
Magnetic Fields
Yo La Tengo
Pontius Copilot (local band--really good, check 'em out http://www.pontiuscopilot.org/ )
Wilco
The Man in Black

I'm still worried that I won't have enough music!!!!

btw---why do i refer to my beautiful wife as crazy? well, she married me.

that's crazy enough for me. (plus she doesn't like terry)

It's going to be hard to get her to go see The Lost Dogs with me ON OUR ANNIVERSARY
08-28-2002 08:55 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

speaking of Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

crazy and beautiful people-
my dear one and I.....
20 years THIS Sunday.
(I bought her a Cuckoo clock- she may hate it-
letcha know- it has a prophetic feel about it..and plays
Edelwiess)
JiMiny
08-28-2002 09:37 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No DA? I'll be praying for you.

08-28-2002 17:47 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You can sneak Alternative Worship because it has mostly Mike Knott. You can also sneak in both Browbeat CD's. Not much but at least you won't go through withdrawls.

08-28-2002 18:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

A smart man

08-28-2002 18:48 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by Dr. Sticky

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
You can sneak Alternative Worship because it has mostly Mike Knott. You can also sneak in both Browbeat CD's. Not much but at least you won't go through withdrawls.

What's funny is she loves the song "Shoot Allison", but thinks Terry destroyed it on Browbeats. I don't know what's wrong with that girl.

I guess this will be my last post until after the holiday, unless i get to a computer way out east. Have a great holiday!!!!!
08-28-2002 20:27 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Drive safe.

08-29-2002 14:33 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Just think. Right now Dr. Sticky is in the car driving with no DA. Probably at this very moment. I bet he is humming tunes or playing that jukebox in his mind.

08-29-2002 15:36 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

My theory is that his wife loves DA. She is just afraid that he loves DA more than he loves her and so she pretends that she hates Terry.

08-29-2002 15:40 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Maybe so

08-29-2002 15:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

My wife really doesn't like DA. She's a Newsboys fan, but doesn't like Steve Taylor. Maybe she just doesn't like the last name Taylor. Who knows?

08-29-2002 15:44 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I don't think my wife likes any of my music. She likes oldies and adult contemporary.

I am a big X-Files fan. My wife claimed to hate the show, but she has watched probably half of them with me. I think she secretly liked the show too.

08-29-2002 15:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Some women have an alergic reaction to the word taylor. They do like Tailor however, when it means designer clothes. My girl loves Terry. She listens to him at work and in the car all the time. Her favorite CD is Glimpses Of Grace because it has all her favorite songs on it.

08-29-2002 15:49 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Gee, you're lucky

08-29-2002 15:50 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

You're lucky

08-29-2002 15:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
My wife really doesn't like DA. She's a Newsboys fan, but doesn't like Steve Taylor. Maybe she just doesn't like the last name Taylor. Who knows?

Likes the Newsboys, but not Steve Taylor? Odd...
08-29-2002 17:38 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

It really is. I think it's because she met the Newsboys before she heard their music. She was at a behind the scenes party with them at Great America in the Bay Area quite a few years ago. Now she just can't not like them...Maybe I should introduce her to Terry somehow....

08-29-2002 17:41 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Great idea!

08-29-2002 17:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

I don't have a girl... am I lucky? Big Grin

08-29-2002 22:46 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Mark Mark is a male

So, how was the trip? Tell us how you worked in DA songs.

09-01-2002 22:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » I have to drive 9 hours tomorrow...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH