Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Super Swirling Christmas » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Super Swirling Christmas 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

A Super Swirling Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been playing the heck out of the new Swirling Eddies Christmas album ever since it arrived in the mail yesterday. I think my favorite is "Have Your Old Bad Self a Merry Little Christmas" though I admit to being partial to Berger's INSANE bass line on "Away in a Manger" - bring a whole new meaning to the song, like a manger stocked with deformed, flatulating critters from another solar system. THANKS, EDDIES!
12-15-2009 14:44 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did I miss something? The Swirling Eddies have a new Christmas album???!!!
I need to run over to the DA store....

12-15-2009 15:17 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! RE: A Super Swirling Christmas Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i almost wept on little dumbo's version of silent night.... Crying

Happy

Cool
12-15-2009 16:02 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are you guys talking about Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor "The Perfectly Frank, True Story of Christmas"? Or something else?

12-15-2009 16:41 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

They're making it up. It's not true! Crying
12-15-2009 18:19 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Their calendars be mixed up, arrr. T'aint April First, me hearties.
12-16-2009 14:03 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by uvulapie
Sugarplums Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It was all some crazy dream...
12-17-2009 06:44 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

... then you wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette.
12-17-2009 10:33 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
... then you wake up next to Suzanne Pleshette.

Hey, if it was 1970s Pleshette, that wouldn't be so bad! (As opposed to late 1980s Pleshette or, worse, dead Pleshette... What? Too soon?)

Seriously (he said, knowing it was the most unsatisfying of transitions,) I've come to the realization that Terry's new music is strictly geared toward the Dogs, and I'm cool with that. There was a time where, as much as I loved The Dogs, I thought, "Come on, guys, get back to your real gig." Well, this is the real gig now, so my amended exhortation is, "Come on, guys. Finish Route 66..."
12-18-2009 06:51 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Eis
They're making it up. It's not true! Crying

i don't know what you guys are talking about....i'm listening to it right now.... Cool

oh, that's the 77's...happy Chrimbo.... Frown
oh well, we can only hope and pray to hear burger sing the little drummer boy before the apocalypse in 2012..... Big Grin

Cool
12-18-2009 08:54 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Seriously (he said, knowing it was the most unsatisfying of transitions,) I've come to the realization that Terry's new music is strictly geared toward the Dogs, and I'm cool with that. There was a time where, as much as I loved The Dogs, I thought, "Come on, guys, get back to your real gig." Well, this is the real gig now, so my amended exhortation is, "Come on, guys. Finish Route 66..."

...and with that being said, it's become more and more difficult for me to view the prospect of any new DA or SE release as little more than another TST solo project. Not that that's a BAD thing...
12-18-2009 10:07 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

I really enjoy the third son, "My Grandma had a bad experiences with Santa Clause and now reindeer is on the menu." Great tune! Spot's song, "the 12 dog nights of Christmas" is interesting to say the least.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
12-18-2009 11:17 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka

...and with that being said, it's become more and more difficult for me to view the prospect of any new DA or SE release as little more than another TST solo project. Not that that's a BAD thing...

Well, yeah. I mean, Midget/Speck is the Lost Dogs in drag, as it were.
12-18-2009 15:01 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
quote:

Of course the 77s/Mike Roe have been making records and The Choir has been making records.
So it high time for a DA record.

Though I have come come to believe MBD was intended to be the last album when it was made.
It all fits.

12-19-2009 12:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by brother joel
I really enjoy the third son, "My Grandma had a bad experiences with Santa Clause and now reindeer is on the menu." Great tune! Spot's song, "the 12 dog nights of Christmas" is interesting to say the least.

and who could not be moved by arthur phardy's "i saw Jesus shooting santa claus.." Shocked

http://www.ktvu.com/video/22004647/index.html

Cool
12-19-2009 12:27 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
quote:

Well, yeah. I mean, Midget/Speck is the Lost Dogs in drag, as it were.

Yup. Frown

12-19-2009 12:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
quote:

Of course the 77s/Mike Roe have been making records and The Choir has been making records.
So it high time for a DA record.

Though I have come come to believe MBD was intended to be the last album when it was made.
It all fits.

It's funny to dig up this thread and realize how wrong we could be. Now, Dig Here certainly seems to be the capstone of Daniel Amos, and it was certainly a band effort, down to the song written and sung by Jerry.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Jimmy Brown: 03-26-2023 12:40.

03-26-2023 12:39 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

funny Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well thanks Jimmy for dredging up this one. I spent half an hour trying to find the non-existent SE Christmas album just because I wanted to hear the non-existent Berger bass line on Away in a Manger...

too funny:-)

Psalm 119:83
03-30-2023 18:14 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

RE: funny Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
well thanks Jimmy for dredging up this one. I spent half an hour trying to find the non-existent SE Christmas album just because I wanted to hear the non-existent Berger bass line on Away in a Manger...

too funny:-)

Ah, what could have been....

Also, good to see you, sondance!
04-01-2023 15:51 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Sondance cannot resist another quick peek into the dark world of the DAMB....

www.smashthatcomputer.com
04-01-2023 16:31 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Super Swirling Christmas

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH