Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Scenic Routes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Scenic Routes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Scenic Routes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Scenic Routes

from Doctor Love on the 77s list:

">>> this upcoming reissue has been re-mastered by Doctor Love for today's
discerning listeners, and will be available at all the Lost Dogs shows this
fall. Only hardcore collectors should bother with spending lots of money
for the original at this point."

woo hoo Cool Tongue

BD

(again I hope they have this stuff ready by sept 20th) Confused

09-05-2002 09:25 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes! Oh, happy day!
09-05-2002 09:39 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gamgee
Yes! Oh, happy day!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

09-05-2002 10:00 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I also saw that they have the reissue listed as "coming soon" in the LD webstore...
09-05-2002 10:11 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

(again I hope they have this stuff ready by sept 20th) Confused

singing: "dreeeeeeaaaam, dream, dream, dream"

09-05-2002 12:42 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Aaaaargh.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

.... I just GOTTA get the money to go see them in Fishkill, NY.... and buy another $100 of CDs that've come out by TST/MR in the last year.... Yikes....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-05-2002 12:51 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Why did all these bands decide to start releasing and rereleasing everything at the same time? It used to be no problem to keep up, but now it costs a fortune - Lost Dogs, DA, The Choir, 77s, Roe, Knott, Adam Again, even Crumbacher put out a new one (where'd that come from?). Just when I thought I could start saving for a house ..... guess I'll have to stay in the apartment for awhile more....

09-05-2002 12:54 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Good news!

09-05-2002 12:56 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

You want me to stay in the apartment???? That's cruel.

09-05-2002 13:04 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I wasn't talking about the apartment and you know it.

Big Grin

09-05-2002 13:07 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I know - and besides, the apartment isn't so bad if I can get more great music. Can't take it with me anyway.

09-05-2002 13:12 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
anne
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Crumbacher? now that takes me way back....
when did Thunder Beach come out? i think i might have been in jr high............................. Big Grin
09-05-2002 13:53 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

with tongue somewhat in cheek Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here we go ...

Once again the small market fan base is squeezed for every last penny. Isn't it enough that we buy everything they put out(witness Spittle, Swirling Mellow as examples), but then they figure out a new way to package the old stuff with more pictures, or even (gasp) bonus tracks. So we belly up and shell out.

It gets worse when the bands discover new technology to remaster their stuff, then it's back to the check out stand.

It's hard, and brutal to know that our small group manages to sustain this small core of artists.

PS I suppose the next big hit will come when DA remasters everything to DVD with 5.1 surround.

Ack.

Oh my aching wallet.

09-05-2002 14:17 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

I MUST..... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BUY DA CDS
I MUST BUY DA CDS
I MUST BUY DA.........

What- ru hypnotized,
can't you just say no?
(me neither)
JiMIny
09-05-2002 14:25 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Don't go away feeling like that.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Friend, these guys aren't exactly making a killing with the money they get from these releases. Would you begrudge them the opportunity to help their band out even a little? And is the band forcing you to buy them?

Pick and choose what you want. I choose to pick all, but that's me. The total amount in my lifetime that I've spent on DA is a small price to pay compared to even one month's mortgage payment.

Please don't complain about this. We're ALL benefitting from these releases and reissues. The last few years have been golden. Don't take anything for granted. All good things will eventually come to an end.

Peace

09-05-2002 14:25 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

FWIW.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...having started this veil of tears, I was just lamenting the lack of money to do all this... the fact that time is of the essence (i.e., they may NEVER be back on the East Coast, judging by past behavior) just makes it that much harder.... although I have to admit, along the same lines, this special one-month offer (now gone) just burned my butt, because there's no way to catch up to that now.... I wouldn't mind being begrudged a little time to actually support them....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
09-05-2002 14:38 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

John, I think you misunderstand ...

I don't believe for a minute the bands are making a killing. I support them as much (more probably) as the next guy.

However, there does come a point where saturation occurs. Hasn't happened yet, but it could. At least the boys haven't gone down the "live" album route to rehash their stuff.

Hmmm. Wonder who that could be. L et's leave that a nd move to another mor e politically correct topic. N ot that mo re informa tion isn't good. It's just n ot required.

Still you are correct in asserting that this has been a golden period for us fans.

JtT

09-05-2002 14:47 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

And after all, some of us didn't have the chance to get the albums when they were first released... reissues are good...
09-05-2002 14:49 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

RE-issues are great!

What I was drawing attention to was re-issues dramtically different than the original.

09-05-2002 14:51 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Oh heck, now I'm just posting to get to 69.

I'm done. Say, weird view from this angle ...

09-05-2002 14:52 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Scenic Routes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH