Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Chronicles Question » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alarma Chronicles Question
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

Alarma Chronicles Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey all,

I am sure this has been answered here... but... too lazy to look.

I just acquired FS on lp - so I dug out all my inserts to FINALLY put together the whole window and see the secret message...

so I get - World Vision & Compassion International - but what is the deal with the other assundry letters...

I then studied the liner notes of FS and found the, "to solve the window pane puzzle look for the answer in the DA Fan Newsletter...

So what is the answer...

any help, appreciated.

~f

dit, dit, doo
02-01-2005 08:46 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I didn't even know there was a puzzle.
02-01-2005 09:06 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I figured it out once a long time ago, if someone doesn't beat
me to the answer I can get it later.

02-01-2005 09:06 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by freak

Thanks audioriJ

I appreciate it.

It was just one more piece of creativity and wholistic aspect of the chronicles...

you don't know HOW BUMMED I was that an image of that wasn't included in the bookset...

anyway thanks again, and if anyone else wants to weigh in - much appreciated.

~f

dit, dit, doo
02-01-2005 09:39 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I remember its tied into the Compassion International thing,
the whole "they press their faces to the window" idea.

What are the other letters, maybe I can remember...

02-01-2005 10:05 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by freak

the letters are...

A Y U D A

I am assuming the DA is like the signature to the "message"

~f

dit, dit, doo
02-01-2005 11:18 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
Administrator

Ayuda is spanish for help. But it seems like it was an
acronym, like art.... something, maybe I am wrong.

I know World Vision and Compassion International are both
orginizations that help the needy.

02-01-2005 11:31 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

This is gonna drive me nuts now.
02-02-2005 07:23 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Compassion International... help... made sense to me....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-02-2005 08:13 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

02-02-2005 10:27 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Administrator

Alarma is also spanish for Alarm.

02-02-2005 14:24 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Alarma is also spanish for Alarm.

Whoa -- I'd a never gotten that.
02-02-2005 14:51 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Perhaps it'd be best if you stayed away from "Autographs for the Sick," then.... Tongue

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
02-02-2005 15:03 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

But, i want to touch you?

02-02-2005 15:13 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

I recall seeing the notice that a futre Newsletter would reveal the answer- I've only seen the image of the window and all..and did not hear anyting further
F~
how col are you to bring it up and shre what you know..

I did hear a story behind the man cowering on the cover- but am not sure if its true.
anyone have any info on that -
Tim- or someone???

That aside- it is one of the quintessential COOL things from the 80s- all included.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-02-2005 19:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by .backs.

you always say that
02-02-2005 20:46 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
how col are you to bring it up and shre what you know..

Someone please buy this man a vowel or two!

Tongue

02-02-2005 21:42 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
PuP

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
quote:
Originally posted by .backs.

you always say that

So, Ellie baby, do big boys cry?

02-02-2005 21:43 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

wouldn't you like to know Tongue
02-02-2005 22:43 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
PuP

Uh, not really.

Tongue

02-02-2005 23:03 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Alarma Chronicles Question

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH