Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Free "GOD" download... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Free "GOD" download...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Attention Free "GOD" download... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know you DAmbers are an eclectic and intelligent bunch with varied musical tastes, so I thought I'd share news of Planet P Project's latest album... the first in 20 years, actually!

How many of you remember Tony Carey? I Won't be Home Tonight ? A Fine, Fine Day ? Why Me ?

Bueller,... anybody... anybody...?

His alter-ego Planet P Project has an incredible new 1st-of-3-parts concept album entitled "GOD" (ie., Go Out Dancing - 1931) for download absolutely free on his website. It's part Ziggy Stardust, part The Wall with great music and intelligent, thoughtful lyrics.

If you don't know, Tony Carey is akin to a secular Mark Heard who after his initial taste of success decided to forego the hollywood-ish music biz, moved to Germany and continued to put out really good music (decide for yourself).

Here's the link: http://www.truebeliever.de/sites_e/start.html

Let everyone know what you think! Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by mindgasket: 12-29-2003 15:05.

12-29-2003 14:18 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

RE: Free "GOD" download... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Looks like his download server crashed. I'll have to check that it out later.

I used to have the Planet P Project album on cassette. That video for Why Me? was one of my favorites back when MTV played music videos.

Thanks for the link, gasket!

12-29-2003 15:16 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
A Hot Wolly

Thread Starter Thread Started by mindgasket
RE: Free "GOD" download... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You bet, Pup!

Glad to find another who likes them! It took me a couple of days to download the whole thing (in between server crashes!), but it is well worth the wait and effort; very thematically powerful, besides musically and lyrically. If you liked the self-titled Planet P Project album you'll be blown away by this one.
12-29-2003 15:25 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Thread Starter Thread Started by mindgasket
download info: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Even if the download page shows a message such as "Sorry! The servers crashed 3 times in the first 52 hours of download availability due to high demand..." make sure you look at the Tracklist in the download at 128 kb/s column. If it highlights when your cursor is over it you can download!

Big Grin
12-29-2003 15:55 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Free "GOD" download...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH