Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » travelog » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page travelog
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

travelog Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hi folks--

due to the recent lower rate of posting on the ol' damb, and by way of trying to do my part, here's a recent travel adventure. this sort of thing happens to me all the time and i'm sure it's happened to you.

the company i work for was flying me out of NYC and somehow got me a first class ticket at somewhere near the "coach" price. (this never happens and i always fly coach. it was a nice surprise but not a big deal to me. i'm used to coach.) i had to make a connection in memphis before i got home to nashville.

at the airport in NY they gave me two cardboard printouts that looked to me like tickets. at the departure gate, i handed over the first one and got on the plane in NY. when i got to memphis, as i was getting ready to board the plane, i handed over the second one and this, word for word, is what happened:

Northwest Airlines Lady: this isn't a ticket, sir.

me: excuse me?

Northwest Airlines Lady: i said, this isn't a ticket, sir.

me: (smiling) i heard you, i just don't understand wh--

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'll need to see your ticket, sir.

me: that's all they gave me.

Northwest Airlines Lady: no it's not. this is a receipt for a ticket, but they gave you an actual ticket.

me: no, honestly, that's all they gave me.

Northwest Airlines Lady: no it's not.

me: ma'am, i'm trying to tell you--

Northwest Airlines Lady: that's not all they gave you. they gave you a ticket as well.

me: ma'am, please listen to me. i--

Northwest Airlines Lady: ticket please?

me: but i--

Northwest Airlines Lady: then you've lost your ticket?

me: no. please, i'm not an eight year old. i know exactly what they gave me and i didn't lose anything.

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'm sorry, sir, i can't let you on the plane without a ticket.

(the last person has now boarded the plane and the plane is ready to leave.)

me: this doesn't make any sense. you told me this is a receipt for the ticket, so you know i've paid for the ticket.

Northwest Airlines Lady: yes, but you don't HAVE the ticket now, do you? i can't let you on the plane without it.

me: that makes no sense. here, look on the passenger charter. do you see my name?

Northwest Airlines Lady: (looking) hmmm, let's see. yes. here it is right here.

me: that would indicate that i've paid for a ticket then, correct?

Northwest Airlines Lady: that is correct, sir.

me: then why can't i just get on the plane?

Northwest Airlines Lady: you don't have your ticket.

me: (exasperated) BUT...BUT--

Northwest Airlines Lady: please don't make me say it again, sir.

(airplane engines revving)

me: (sigh) alright, what can i do then?

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'd have to charge you for a lost ticket.

me: oh, great. how much?

Northwest Airlines Lady: a hundred dollars.

me: (sigh -- i just wanna get home) ok, go ahead and do that.

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'm sorry, i can't do that, sir. there's not enough time.

me: what?! but you just said--

Northwest Airlines Lady: the plane is leaving, sir.

me: but--

Northwest Airlines Lady: that process would take too long, sir.

me: PLEASE, JUST TELL ME WHAT I CAN DO TO GET ON THE PLANE!

Northwest Airlines Lady: i'll have to sell you a new ticket, sir.

me: a new ticket!! oh man, i don't believe this. ok, ok! just something in "coach" then, please.

Northwest Airlines Lady: (looking) hmmmm, let's see. no, i'm sorry. i won't be able to do that.

me: what?! why not?!

Northwest Airlines Lady: there's only one seat left. and it's in first class.

me: THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S MY SEAT! THE ONE I'VE ALREADY PAID FOR! THE ONE I HAVE THIS "RECEIPT" FOR!!

Northwest Airlines Lady: they're closing the cabin doors, sir.

me: alright! i'll take it. look, at least i'll get the discount i got in NY, right?!

Northwest Airlines Lady: no sir, i'm sorry but i'll have to charge you the full first class fare.

me: what?!!

((yes, you guessed correctly. i paid through the nose, i paid twice for the exact same seat just so i could get home.))

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tchandler: 11-07-2003 09:31.

11-07-2003 09:29 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am begining to believe not that real life is stranger than fiction-
but that real life IS FICTION!!!!!!

I am keeping that story tim- it is to good to NOT be true

thats what happens when you are the "Wrong George" (See Chavall Guivera ) I guess.....

I'm still chuckling........

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
11-07-2003 09:35 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey jiminy--

i swear it's all true! it was so ridiculous, it brought back memories of living on the road. something like that would inevitably happen every so often.
11-07-2003 09:41 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

And I cant help but think of an old
Politically incorrect line..

"No Tickee, No washee"

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 11-07-2003 09:43.

11-07-2003 09:43 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

(lol) that's what it was!
11-07-2003 09:46 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

now that's a funny story Big Grin now you guys need to make another album so you can pay for that ticket Wink

11-07-2003 10:04 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Frown Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
11-07-2003 10:31 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

tim,

that is one funny story! i am just sorry you had to live it.

11-07-2003 10:51 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Isn't that what i said?
11-07-2003 10:58 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Daniel Amos

hey, wes -- seems to happen all the time, for some reason. i'm also always the guy who gets strip searched at security. do i really look THAT much like a swarthy, middle-aged, out of shape terrorist?
11-07-2003 10:59 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

and yes, baxter, i think you did say that.
11-07-2003 11:00 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not a bit, not a bit.
11-07-2003 11:00 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hey, wes -- seems to happen all the time, for some reason. i'm also always the guy who gets strip searched at security. do i really look THAT much like a swarthy, middle-aged, out of shape terrorist?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..............WELL, maybe not a terrorist, but possibly a swarthy, middle-aged, drug-carrying ROCK star!!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-07-2003 11:31 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! great story Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...well, you know what I mean.

11-07-2003 11:34 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hi woggy -- how are ya? i was just making fun of that particular image of myself in the danieal amos/lost dogs pics thread. (there's some pretty cool ones of gene, though.)

yours,

mr. unphotogenic
11-07-2003 11:36 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

hey, dale!
11-07-2003 11:36 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Tim,
That is a beautiful opening story for my sermon on Sunday. Do I have your permission to use it (I'll even splash your pic on the big screen!)
LK-9

11-07-2003 11:47 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi woggy -- how are ya? i was just making fun of that particular image of myself in the daniel amos/lost dogs pics thread. (there's some pretty cool ones of gene, though.)

yours,

mr. unphotogenic

Doing well..................................sounds like your little airport experience was absolutely delightful!

So, when do you get the refund for the first ticket you bought, huh?

Don't hold your breath!!!!!!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-07-2003 11:50 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

I'd be calling that airline and ripping someone a new face! Mad

I'd repent tomorrow! Red Face

Pleased

~Groucho~
11-07-2003 11:51 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

It's a great script! It's very much like the scene in Meet The Parents when Focker is trying to put his oversize luggage in the overhead bin.

Hey Timbo,

How are you with the low ceilings in planes?

Is your neck sore after a flight?

Are you usually the emergency exit door man?

Do you like to look out the window?

What's the deal with airplane food? I mean it's not an airplane and it's not food? What's the deal?

The dry air in airplanes is so dry that I usually have a hard booger emergency. This is compounded with the fact that in coach I am squashed between other travelers and it becomes difficult to pick the crispies discreetly. What do you recommend?

I can't make a doody in a airplane restroom. I usually imagine myself getting sucked out of the plane so I get too nervous to stay through completion. How 'bout you?

Do you call them Stewardess, Flight Attendant, or Sky Waitress?

-ZZZZZip

August 2005
11-07-2003 12:01 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » travelog

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH