Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Jevon, tell us » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Jevon, tell us
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Jevon, tell us Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

about the concert.
09-27-2003 19:42 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi Jevon,

gotta go....

cya

BD

09-27-2003 19:45 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Where to begin,

Theo and Wes arrived on Friday afternoon looking something like a cross between a dog's breakfast, and a McDonald's Big Xtra, with cheese. They both had a little beauty rest, which in all honesty didn’t help one bit.

I looked more like a Whopper Jr, without cheese.

It was a nice intimate evening; Toque Boy arrived making it a Damb fine evening. My mom was there, which was kind of embarrassing for me, but she knows I'm an idiot, so I didn't do anything to disprove her opinion or break any new ground.

The crowd was a little smaller than I expected, as always people who gave firm thumbs up got sidetracked by real life, but a number of friends and strangers showed up, one young kid from our neighbourhood stayed until he had to go (parent’s curfew) but he had a good time, he even sang along with Theo’s version of Pie Hole.

The first part of the show was the Banos, and I think it went pretty well, I have a harder time with smaller rooms because people are more reserved, and my stuff is kind of, well, immature.

I screwed up It's For You, but I think I nailed Joel. In all it was fun to dust off some of my performance rust. I took a chance and tried to trick Theo and Wes into singing Arthur Fhardy, with custom verses. Theo threw the lyrics down in disgust, and I thought he was going to make another disparaging comment about my cooking. Wes, was a good sport despite not feeling well.

Theo’s set was well done, and I have to say he’s improved dramatically since the Dog’s show in Vancouver last fall. This isn’t a dig to the man, he was good before, he was better now. He interspersed stories about Andy, life and he was laying it out there. About 2/3 of the people weren’t Christian, but the story transcends the religious and shows the strength of faith and conviction in a family, and if it includes God, so much the better. We need real witnesses in our lives, not just empty intellectual spoutings of faith.

There were come tears, and choked throats, but it was done with such love and humour that you felt the pain, but it was a story with a happy end.

We ended the show with Breathe Deep, which was fun to noodle together.

Afterward we had coffee and a table full of baked goodies.

In all a pretty good time.

I have it on tape, and I’ll be sending it to BD to transfer to digital cause me and Theo don’t have the tools. As to the sound, we set up my VCR so we could tape it, but it didn’t work, so we’ll have to live with the crappy camcorder sound. Crap and a half. I suppose we should have taken a couple of minutes to make sure it was set up.

Both Theo and Wes were dead tired, so after cleaning up we more of less came back home and put the boys to bed. We had a manly man’s breakfast this morning, and after some real nice fellowship, the guys packed up and waved good bye, sailing off once again to the distant land that is the United States of America.

Both of these guys are real gentlemen. My kids thought Wes was the coolests, and they thought Theo was old. Really old. He looked so very very old.

Old, and forgetful.

Jevon

09-27-2003 20:39 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Jevon, my lad, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't know what yer talkin' aboot, eh! Big Grin
All you delightful Kanucks were simply...delightful. I delight in delighting, you know.

Speaking of older men--Jevon has a thing for them. He kept dressing up in his little apron and flitting about the kitchen, whipping up all sorts of delicious treats--like Candian Bacon, eh!

In fact, in a moment of elation, I was welcomed back into the Canadian fold of my ancestry. A truly beautiful moment! Crying Wink

Truthfully, I don't know when I've experienced such hospitality. Jevon and his lovely wife, Holly, gave Wes and I the royal treatment and I can't say enough nice things about them both (and their beautiful family).

The Canadian people warmed up to the event and the "cause" and gave generously toward the effort. Give me some more gigs like last night and it won't take long to reach the project goal.

Thank you, Anonby family! A thousand times over!

Until next time
09-27-2003 21:23 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

"sniff"

That was beautiful man.

Now, about the apron, it was a manly man's apron. Blue stripes - not flowers or patterns.

And to think I suffered the pain of splattered bacon grease for ya'll.

Holly and I enjoyed having you guys over, and the way you were treated is normal treatment. You only got to see my cookin. You and Sharon ditch the kids one evening, we'll do the same, and then, then you can experience Holly's cookin' for company - that is some royal treatment.

Jevon.

I was truly honored to play a small part in helping out.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Jevon the Tall: 09-27-2003 21:32.

09-27-2003 21:31 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

a great time with some wonderful people!

mr. the tall is a fine cook and a gracious host. the show was great! it was very cool to see all the kids (that were at the show) singing along with the "underpants" song! jevon put on a very fun show. i was wondering how it would all go.....being so different...but it was beautiful. i remember thinking, when jevon and the kids were singing and laughing, "come as a child or not at all" is being embodied right here...right now with this song.

after a short break theo got up and did his thing........tuning.....again and again. Tongue seriously though, it doesn't matter how many times i see theo or here him do a show....the "andrew effect" always happens. i've been fortunate enough to have heard many of the "andrew stories" many times...and they always touch me very deeply. theo did great. he played some of terry's stuff and a great selection of his own. there were many special moments during the night...here's to many more.

p.s. it's not too late to order more copies of "caaconaa"....be generous. Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wes berlin: 09-28-2003 01:06.

09-28-2003 01:05 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Jevon, tell us

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH