Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Question about the Avocado Club » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Question about the Avocado Club 3 Votes - Average Rating: 4.003 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DrDanAmos DrDanAmos is a male
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-628.gif

Registration Date: 09-06-2003

Question about the Avocado Club Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I joined quite a while ago, and still have yet to recieve one solitary item or fan club disc. I am starting to think the whole thing is a scam, but I searched for "avocado club" on this site and see others have gotten discs.

Of course, I never got my free T shirt promised to me with the purchase of Mr Buechner's Dream either, so why should I get my hopes up?

upload photos to paste code
09-06-2003 15:06 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Why? Because Terry's not a scam artist.

You will get 2 discs for your fan club membership. No matter what. There is no schedule for fan club releases. When a new disc is released to the club, enough copies are made to send them to everyone that is currently a member. Anyone who joins after that moment will have to wait until more discs are made. Additional discs are printed at random times each year. We don't make the decision when discs are printed for the clubs - we only ship them out when we have them to ship. When we run out, we have to wait for more to be made.

re: the FREE gift shirts...
We still have a lot of them here, because we simply cannot afford to ship them all. We've already spent a couple of thousand dollars shipping out the FREE shirts, but haven't been able to afford to ship the rest yet. The DA store has not had a new release in over a year (with the exception of two limited edition discs), so things have been a bit tight. Once things get moving again for the store, we'll start shipping the FREE gift shirts again.
We have a new release that we're hoping to have out in October or November... if things go as planned. That will help us out quite a bit.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-06-2003 15:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a new release?
09-06-2003 15:29 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Dignified Lazar

Thread Starter Thread Started by DrDanAmos
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Why? Because Terry's not a scam artist.

Sorry, certainly a wrong choice for words. I pointed out that it's certainly not, since I did a search and saw that others have gotten CDs. I've just been waiting patiently, but when I saw that others got CDs and I haven't, I felt a little left out, I guess.

09-06-2003 15:33 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! TimeLine up-date Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jason or Eric,

I sent you an e-mail with the info to correct the Aug. 4th & Aug 5th dates

aug. 4th was a livingroom show

aug. 5th was a rest day in stillwater Minnesota

DaLe

09-06-2003 20:15 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
cadabr
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 06-03-2003

RE: Question about the Avocado Club Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[quote]Originally posted by DrDanAmos

Of course, I never got my free T shirt promised to me with the purchase of Mr Buechner's Dream either, so why should I get my hopes up?

Hope you got the MBD in the meanwhile!
09-06-2003 23:09 cadabr is offline Send an Email to cadabr Search for Posts by cadabr Add cadabr to your Buddy List
Dignified Lazar

Thread Starter Thread Started by DrDanAmos

quote:
Hope you got the MBD in the meanwhile!

Isn't that a must?

I do have a question for Audori, and I hope it's not a stupid question, as I am sure it has had to have occured to somebody at some point in the past. But I was thinking that I have ordered stuff from the DA webstore since I got my voucher for the free shirt. I am am sure others who ordered the signed and numbered MBD CD got vouchers for the free shirt as well, and also have ordered items from the webstore since then as well. So why not just send the shirts out with those orders? Why make it so hard on you in trying to cover all those shipping costs when you already have a paid shipping order going to somebody? If it's hard to keep track of the people who ordered it, perhaps they could submit their CD number when they place an order and t shirt size to make it easier for you. Just a thought, because I don't see a reason you should have to pay for all those shirts to go out if people are ordering more from you, as I have.

09-07-2003 20:19 DrDanAmos is offline Send an Email to DrDanAmos Search for Posts by DrDanAmos Add DrDanAmos to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! TimeLine up-date Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jason or Eric,

I sent you an e-mail with the info to correct the Aug. 4th & Aug 5th dates

aug. 4th was a livingroom show in Golden Valley, Minnesota

aug. 5th was a rest day in Stillwater, Minnesota

DaLe

Smile

did you receive this e-mail ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DaLe: 09-08-2003 16:59.

09-08-2003 08:25 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

hey dale, did you email the audiori's?

Wink

09-08-2003 21:01 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Yeah keeping track of it is not hard, in fact the remaining TShirts
are packaged up and ready to go.

Heres the thing, when you make an order the shipping is there,
it's based on weight.

The Tshirts were going to be sent out on Daniel Amos' expense,
the T Shirts were paid for out of the store, the shipping is coming
from the store...

Adding the weight of the shirt to an existing order would just cause the
shipping cost to go up what it would cost to send the shirt anyway.

The fact of the matter is there isn't enough orders coming in,
to pay the shipping on all the shirts all at once, thats why we send
them out a few at a time.
For each shirt it might seem like it shouldn't be a big deal, but if
the shipping per shirt was $5... and you have 500 or 1000 to send out
it's actually a huge amount.
Especially when paying the bills and keeping things in stock is difficult.
It's just one of those dry spells, they come and go. But all we can do is
chip away at it a little at a time.

It's actually a lot more complicated than that, but thats the best way I can
explain it.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
09-08-2003 23:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Yeah keeping track of it is not hard, in fact the remaining TShirts
are packaged up and ready to go.

including my "wewh" shirt?

let me, optimistically, say......wooooohoooooo!

09-08-2003 23:11 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
hey dale, did you email the audiori's?

Wink

Roll Eyes

a FeW times...

09-09-2003 08:16 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Audiori clud Disc Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I Renew my Membership to the Avocado Club had to ask will ther be any thing live or demo that had DA, Randy Stonehill and even Larry Norman as a group for the next club Disc??
09-16-2003 04:41 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Question about the Avocado Club

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH