Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

All the wheels are in motion and now it's time for you to do your part. Get out there and support the Dogs!

LOST DOGS
w/ special guest THEO
Sunday, October 16th
WOW Hall, 8th and Lincoln
7:30 pm, doors at 7 pm
$18 adv/$20 DOS
Seated show, all ages

Tickets available Thursday, September 8th at WOW Hall, CD World, and available online now at http://LAMConcerts.com

Fun for the entire family!

Thanks!

Linda
LAM PRODUCTIONS
541-729-7771
09-06-2005 19:22 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question RE: Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

why not sat night? kinda hard to make a sunday night for those traveling far away....... Frown

Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by joey: 09-06-2005 19:54.

09-06-2005 19:53 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
lam77s
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s
RE: Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
why not sat night? kinda hard to make a sunday night for those traveling far away....... Frown

I didn't have much of a choice. I was told I could have either a Thursday night or Sunday night. Frown

Sorry....
09-06-2005 20:57 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tickets are now available.

LOST DOGS (Michael Roe, Terry Scott Taylor and
Derri Dougherty)
w/ special guest THEO

Sunday, October 16th
7:30 p.m., doors 7:00 p.m.
$18 adv/$20 day of show
Seated show
Tickets available at the WOW Hall, CD World, and
online at http://LAMConcerts.com
For more information call 541-729-7771

If you would like to see the Lost Dogs but don't
think you can afford the tickets, please give me
a call and we'll work something out. It looks
like this will be the only Oregon show, so you
won't want to miss out.

Follow the link below to the Lost Dogs concert
poster. Feel free to print it out and circulate
near and far.

http://www.lamconcerts.com/images/Lost%2...05%20poster.jpg

Thanks!

Linda
09-24-2005 16:19 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Okay, did anyone see this? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Take a look at this photo from the Dogs site.
Not to sound crude, but doesn't it look a wee bit like Derri's clad in a black bikini?

10-08-2005 14:03 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, The Cornerstone shows are always something *special*...

10-08-2005 14:19 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: Okay, did anyone see this? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Not to sound crude, but doesn't it look a wee bit like Derri's clad in a black bikini?

dude - I was there and I didnt even notice..good call!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-08-2005 15:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

RE: Okay, did anyone see this? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

It was hot on that tour...................................

Big Grin lol Big Grin Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
10-09-2005 19:45 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:

Any chance you have a collection of all the "swimsuit editions" or something? I mean, do you think about stuff like that all the time or something? Tongue

I never noticed that either. Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-13-2005 11:32 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Lost Dogs in Eugene TONIGHT Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Final show of NW tour and only show in Oregon...

LOST DOGS
w/ special guest THEO
Sunday, October 16th
7:30 pm, doors at 7 pm
$18 adv/$20 DOS
Seated show, all ages

Tickets at WOW Hall, CD World, and at the door

Hope to see you there!

Linda
LAM PRODUCTIONS
541-729-7771
10-16-2005 10:05 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wahhhhh....
sniff....

have fun lil puppies!

10-16-2005 17:11 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

How was the show last nite?

10-17-2005 11:03 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Maetryx Maetryx is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-17-2005

Cool Last night's show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maetryx here, Cool

I was very pleased with the show last night. Theo opened with a set that lasted about 40 minutes or so. I was not familiar with his work. He played an amplified acoustic guitar and sang tunes from several different releases.

He was best when sharing the inspiration for the songs, which as I imagine most of you know are his sons. So he would tell a story about what happened in his life that led to the song and my 13 year old daughter would finally sit still and lean forward and listen.

The humid atmosphere here in Oregon meant that the musicians needed to re-tune their guitars multiple times, and Theo quipped about it a few times in a way that kept the mood light hearted and the audience comfortable with the pauses. I think that takes more skill than people realize.

When he finished his set and then Linda Miller announced a 10 minute break, I could barely stop myself from succumbing to the jitters, lol. I'm 34 and I've been collecting Daniel Amos, The Choir, The Seventy Sevens, Adam Again, The Swirling Eddies, The Lost Dogs (you get the picture) since I was a teenager. I had never before been in the room with these guys, and I *knew* I was being ridiculous for feeling so giddy. I actually averted my eyes from the stage when Mike Roe, Terry Taylor and Derri Daugherty walked onto it and started setting up.

I went to the mercandise stand and snagged some CDs that I was late in acquiring. I selected a new Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor release, and two Lost Dogs CDs that had been released when I wasn't looking: Gift Horse and Mutt. That said, I'm *still* not caught up on Lost Dogs releases! I can't believe how prolific these fellows have been and how lax I've been in taking notice! I guess I'll blame it on the economy, lol.

Finally my daughter made me look on the stage because she knew how important these artists are to me. There they were, in the flesh, Terry, Mike and Derri. It turned out that Steve Hindalong wasn't along for this particular event and that was unfortunate. Nevertheless, the three guitarist/volcalists were about to blow me away with what they can do with three guitars and their voices. Again, they all appeared to be amplified acoustic guitars.

I told my wife and sister who was who, but my wife could probably have done that herself. I stared and watched out the side of my eye and tried to be calm and then suddenly they were playing. They were playing a song I knew. I was quickly seated and blessed with the live Lost Dogs performance of "If You Want To" off of Daniel Amos' Kalhoun. I was so glad they picked this song, because as I mentioned above, I am WAY behind on my Lost Dogs CDs and wouldn't (and didn't) recognize their newer material. My most recent Lost Dogs CD (before my spending spree last night) was Green Room Serenade.

I won't even pretend to remember each song they performed. Each performance was executed with skill and heart. Crowd favorite was the rousing rendition of "Why is the Devil Red?". I was surprised that they did their tongue in cheek "Bad Indigestion". I was more suprised when the lady in front of me decided to raise her arm in praise on the lyric "chemical imbalance", LOL. She had a knack for raising her arms in praise at what I thought were odd moments. Rather than be distracted, I slid over about 3 seats and prayed for grace. Did I mention that she was wearing a tall, fuzzy top hat at times? LOL

Mike Roe did a *lot* of the heavy lifting last night. I was very impressed. If a tune called for a difficult vocal range or a finger twisting guitar riff, it fell to Mike Roe to handle it. I would say he didn't break a sweat but that ain't so. That's not to say that Derri and Terry were faded little wall flowers. Terry and Mike kept up a spirited volley of quips and corny jokes, while Derri played straight man and occasoinally cracked up at a Mike or Terry anecdote that had the audience rolling.

Terry told the audience about a few bad prayers he'd heard uttered in his life, and then Mike made Terry tell of an even more outlandish practice by a couple known to them. I don't want to blow these anecdotes in here in case these are stock material for their shows and I give away the ending. Mike also spoke about the "goon squad" at faith healing events where folks are getting 'slain in the spirit [non-capitalization intentional on my part]'. These are the guys that throw a cloth or towel over women's legs when they collapse so that the healer's don't 'sneak a peek'. Me and my sister were laughing good at that, because we were raised in that charasmatic chaos.

They pretended to end on "Why is the Devel Red?", but of course the audience brought them back in for two more tunes. When they came back to the microphones amidst the ongoing applause, Derri told us "we were going to come back anyway". Naw, Eugene, Oregon needs no free gift. We'll bring them back with applause, lol.

I did not know the last two songs they performed, or perhaps I have forgotten by this morning. I do remember that the final song was sang as a benediction and Terry raised his hand forward and toward the audience as the lyrics asked for Gods blessing on us all.

Afterwards, I had a few moments to speak with Mike Roe and Terry Taylor. I wished I had spoke to Derri as well. I sent my 13 year old daughter to get Derri's signature on The Choir's Wide Eyed Wonder and Derri graciously provided it. My wife and I consider the song "Happy Fool" off of that CD to be 'our song'.

I told Mike that I had purchased a vinyl record of the 77s in Eugene in 1990 or so. He said that in some ways the 77s got their start in Eugene. Apparently someone in Eugene was instrumental in getting their first recording to market. He also mentioned that local radio station KZEL had "The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes And The Pride of Life" at number one for a week or two long ago following a 77s show here in Eugene.

I told both Mike and Terry that I had placed all of my Lost Dogs and the bands they derived from merchandise into a stack and it was about 70 CDs. Ha ha. Mike told me that was too much. I told him that it had taken me 15 years to accumulate that much. I meant to tell Mike that one of the first compact discss I ever bought was Sticks and Stones, but I didn't remember to tell him. I still have it, of course. I listened to it this morning.

I told Terry that I was one of the people that still considered Darn Floor, Big Bite their favorite Daniel Amos CD. He said he was torn between it and Mr. Buechner's Dream. We both agreed that Darn Floor, Big Bite has stood the test of time and does not seem musically dated to either of us. I then mentioned that even though I really like Vox Humana, the same could not be said for it. It does sound like a period album from the year 1984. Terry said that the keyboardesque new wave sound along with the sci-fi tongue-in-cheek lyrics is a good fit, and of course that is true.

I wanted to tell him that I really like "Ribbons and Bows" off of Mr. Buechner's Dream, but that the album has not had a chance to really sink in with me yet. All Daniel Amos CDs take a while for me to adopt as my own, so to speak. Actually, I did tell him that last bit about how each Daniel Amos album is usually so different from the body of work before it that it takes me a while to accept it. The exception to that is Motor Cycle, which Terry agreed was made to be immediately engaging in it's Beatlesque soundscape.

"Ribbons and Bows" stands out to me because I love Terry's introspective works regarding song writing and the music industry. Everything from "My Room", to "Mr. Sharkey". Yes, Mr. Taylor, even if "there may not ever be anything here new to say" I'll keep listening as you "say it in a different way".

Finally, I asked for and recieved signatures from Terry, Mike, and Derri on my Scenic Routes CD. By then, Mike was telling Terry to, "hurry up and sign this lady's Bible", and I turned to see fuzzy top hat lady. My daughter was telling me a line had formed behind me, so I parted with a few things unsaid and found this forum this morning so I could say them.

10-17-2005 13:42 Maetryx is offline Send an Email to Maetryx Homepage of Maetryx Search for Posts by Maetryx Add Maetryx to your Buddy List Add Maetryx to your Contact List YIM Account Name of Maetryx: maetryx View the MSN Profile for Maetryx
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Last night's show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maetryx,
CooL, thanks for the post
and welcome to the DAmb Cool

10-17-2005 13:52 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Tongue! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that review was too long to read.... but saturdays show in bremerton was great too! Cool

and welcome...

Cool
10-17-2005 13:54 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

great post!!!!!

i'm glad you had a great time. The Dogs are wonderful live. (that lady with the hat really gets around. i've seen her at many concerts and services here in CA)
10-17-2005 13:56 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Don't worry about Joey's criticism, Maetrix,

he can't ever get beyond the second line of a haiku either.
10-17-2005 13:57 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yup great review! I enjoyed it, and I can almost picture how things went in my head. That last son they layed was most likely Joel off Mr Buechners...I would guess.

10-17-2005 14:06 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

joey..
you need to READ now and then, its good for the eyes..

Maetryx-
thx for the awesome insights. It is a treat to meet and greet, eh?.
The benediction tune was Joel- I would think..

and the jokes and quips all sounded new to me....I think everyone lovs even their "stoock" material- I never tire of it.
Blessings

JImIny

10-17-2005 14:07 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Maetryx Maetryx is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 10-17-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Yup great review! I enjoyed it, and I can almost picture how things went in my head. That last son they layed was most likely Joel off Mr Buechners...I would guess.

You are correct. I'm listening to "Joel" right now and that is definitely the benediction that I heard last night. Thanks for the insight.

I also wanted to share a little about the venue. The WOW Hall is a former woodworkers union building. It's quite small. I think that the number of attendees was around 60 - 80. So even though I was sitting in the back row, I was only 30 feet from the stage or so. The size of the event made it more "real", I suppose. Mike joked about going home to his "Christian mansion", and Terry spoke of formerly being at the top of the "gospel heap" and now the "gospel heap" is off in the distance, lol.

The artists of the Lost Dogs are impressively comfortable with their.... I don't know, social status? Fame (lack thereof)? Role? Anyway, I love how the Lost Dogs are all about the normal, common folk and meeting them where they are. They are the opposite of elitists.

10-17-2005 14:34 Maetryx is offline Send an Email to Maetryx Homepage of Maetryx Search for Posts by Maetryx Add Maetryx to your Buddy List Add Maetryx to your Contact List YIM Account Name of Maetryx: maetryx View the MSN Profile for Maetryx
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH