Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Message Board Update » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Message Board Update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Message Board Update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, we have everything we need to update the board (which will fix all of the security issues with the current board). We will have to take the board offline for a while to update all of the files. We'll probably do this this evening or late tonight. We just want everyone to know what is happening.

While its down, take the opportunity to bake a cake, swim a lake, do a jig, slop a pig, say a prayer, cut your hair, smell a rose, pick your nose, take a trip, write a script, take a course, eat a horse, take a nap, draw a map, do your duty, shake your booty... something that you wouldn't ordinarily do. Something just a little bit different for you.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-29-2003 19:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks. I will probably sneak over to the Joy Electric board. They were exposed to Sediment and are kinda excited about the next one. We'll see. Or...Maybe I'll get some sleep for once.

07-29-2003 19:32 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

COOL!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool I get to wake up to an upgraded DAmb in the morning......I can't wait!!!! Big Grin

It's like Christmas in July Big Grin

Now don't keep the DAmb down to long guysFrown

Pleased I can't wait Big Grin

More smilies I hope....and avatars maybe Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I can't wait Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

07-29-2003 19:38 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Good Night All......I can't wait till morning!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

See you guys in the morning Big Grin

Big Grin

07-29-2003 19:40 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You remind me of the Donkey (played by eddie murphy) on Shrek Big Grin

07-29-2003 19:43 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Audi... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm waiting for the paint to dry on my sign that says
"The Beginning is near".....
and I already done everything on the list---ho hum, this life I lead.
Cool OR WHAT???
I'll wake up to the Best Wednesday I've seenin a while-
Love you all-
JiMinY La Cricket'

Oh - perhaps I can watch CS84..
GOT IT IN THE MAIL 2DAY Whoo WHoo!!!!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-29-2003 19:45 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Ed Ed is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 07-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
More smilies I hope....and avatars maybe Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hmmm.....AVATARS! Pleased

07-29-2003 20:23 Ed is offline Send an Email to Ed Search for Posts by Ed Add Ed to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
You remind me of the Donkey (played by eddie murphy) on Shrek Big Grin

We could stay up all night and swap manly stories

07-29-2003 21:50 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-629.jpg

Registration Date: 05-14-2003

As long as the board is up... Big Grin

~Groucho~
07-29-2003 21:54 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Oh, fine............. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic

We could stay up all night and swap manly stories

exclude the girls..........

OFF with his head!!!!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

07-29-2003 22:06 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

OK... having problems getting the update to work completely. It goes through about half way and then freezes up while converting member info and old threads.

I'm bringing the old board up again for a while until we can figure out whats going on. We may not be able to try again until next week.

The new version looks nice though.. some new features and a better layout I think.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-30-2003 15:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Big Grin

Can't wait for the new version!!!!

~Groucho~
07-30-2003 15:10 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Audi Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for your efforts.........man, we are wussies here, though......cuz we just get all panicked when our beloved board is down!

So, will we lose everything from THIS board? Is this a whole new fresh start, or just an upgrade of what we already have. Cuz there's a lot of history here, ya know (as well as our rankings.......which we're SO proud of!)

again, thanks............

07-30-2003 15:13 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

Lets hope we don't have to start all over again! Because then I will pass Woggy up! Big Grin

~Groucho~
07-30-2003 15:16 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

OK... having problems getting the update to work completely. It goes through about half way and then freezes up while converting member info and old threads.

I'm bringing the old board up again for a while until we can figure out whats going on. We may not be able to try again until next week.

The new version looks nice though.. some new features and a better layout I think.

cool Big Grin

07-30-2003 15:20 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
It goes through about half way and then freezes up while converting member info and old threads.

sounds like they are trying to keep the old threads and members list.... cool

I hope they can make it all work out ok. Smile

good luck guys! and thanks

BD
07-30-2003 15:21 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by BD
quote:
It goes through about half way and then freezes up while converting member info and old threads.

I hope they can make it all work out ok. Smile

BD

Pray! Big Grin

~Groucho~
07-30-2003 15:27 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit
Lets hope we don't have to start all over again! Because then I will pass Woggy up! Big Grin

......and then I'd have to kick yo ass...........er sumthin.............

07-30-2003 15:29 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ahhhhhh
my pure electronic puff..
(not that cheap Kansas ragweed stuff)

were talkin gold maaaaannnnn.......

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-30-2003 15:31 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Squidzit
Platyhelminth

quote:
Originally posted by Woggy
quote:
Originally posted by Squidzit

......and then I'd have to kick yo ass...........er sumthin.............

Now Woggy, I'm married.

Roll Eyes

Evil

Tongue

~Groucho~
07-30-2003 15:34 Squidzit is offline Send an Email to Squidzit Homepage of Squidzit Search for Posts by Squidzit Add Squidzit to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Message Board Update

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH