Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite potential reissues? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite potential reissues?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Favorite potential reissues? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure many of us are eagerly looking forward to some of the planned reissues of DA, Eddies, Dogs, etc. I for one have had enough of trying to track them down for a reasonable price on Ebay.

What reissues would interest you the most? Here are mine: (I continue to kick myself for not getting them on CD when I had the chance)

- Vox Robottica (just kidding!)
- Vox Humana (with the CORRECT track layout)
- Let's Spin
- Outdoor Elvis
- M.F. Telethon
- Scenic Routes
- Live Bootleg '82
- Shirley, Goodness, and Misery
- No Sense of History
- Earlier Stonehillian works

03-22-2002 17:14 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

You forgot the most important one!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Man: Describe an earthquake.
Gorilla: (Sign Language) Darn Floor-Big Bite.
God: Describe Me.
Man: A Roaring Lion and a Consuming Fire.

language is weak, but I keep on speaking... Cool

03-22-2002 17:35 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by John Foxe
missed DFBB Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, I agree it's an important one for many of us. But lucky me, I got the CD way back in '87 when it first came out. It was the first DA work I was able to get on CD.

Sadly it's nearly worn out now from use over the past 15 years, so if and when it happens I'll definitely buy the reissue.

03-22-2002 17:46 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
erie
unregistered
Darned floor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm looking for a copy of Darned Floor, Big Bite. I am a writer who wants to cite the song in a book I am working on. I'd buy a copy in a heartbeat from any mercenary type.Wink

Can anyone tell me which gorilla the song was about, Koko or Michael?

My memory failed me. I had this on cassette. But it didn't survive the years.
03-23-2002 15:21
jc
Luteous Llama

not sure Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

erie-
I looked on the sleeve info- and it only states
"Gorilla"
- I am not sure- but I believe it was CoCo (the talking guitar?)
JiMinY
03-23-2002 15:40 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by John Foxe
Koko Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes, it is in fact the famous Koko the gorilla, who IIRC they taught over 500 words in sign language. I think she's about 30 years old now.

03-23-2002 16:02 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Darn Floor Big Bite, Outdoor Elvis, Let's Spin.

Just the usual ones that always sell for about $50 on ebay.
03-23-2002 19:26 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ditto on Darn Floor, Outdoor Elvis and Let's spin. I've got them on vinyl and cassette and did transfer them to CD. But I'd rather have the "real deal". Smile
03-25-2002 08:52 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Darn Floor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We have been searching for some of the older titles,
there are people out there who have tons of CDs that they
don't know what to do with..

We've been trying to buy up some titles for the summer,
Cornerstone, etc. Anyway, we may have found a source
for some Darn Floor CDs.. keep an eye up here on the site.

the townsends

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-25-2002 10:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jc
erie-
I looked on the sleeve info- and it only states
"Gorilla"
- I am not sure- but I believe it was CoCo (the talking guitar?)
JiMinY

It refers to Koko the gorilla who did sign "darn floor - big bite" when asked the earthquake question.
The Coco the guitar is also refering to the same gorilla, at least I assume so Smile

03-25-2002 16:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

what are they nuts? don't know what to do with them?

the townsends

we'll keep an eye out!
BD

03-25-2002 22:01 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
beatlenut
Esculent Eskimo

Oh my. Darn Floor found? It's a miracle! I will keep my eyes posted, but I'm guessing that the demand will be greater than the supply! I want, no NEED one.
03-26-2002 10:07 beatlenut is offline Send an Email to beatlenut Search for Posts by beatlenut Add beatlenut to your Buddy List
erie
unregistered

Sign me up for a Darned Floor!

Motorcycle is another notable. Love that album.
03-26-2002 10:33
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:

what are they nuts? don't know what to do with them?

the townsends

we'll keep an eye out!
BD

yes, clear the shadows from those minds Smile

03-26-2002 11:39 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I NEED! I NEED! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not enough to pay $50 though... help us out audioris!!! Big Grin

03-26-2002 19:03 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:

Hmmm... am I gonna need to lock my DFBB album in a safe or something? Or is this just the CD version that's worth so much? Confused

~ gus ~ Shocked

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

03-26-2002 19:40 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Can you say obsolete? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:

Hmmm... am I gonna need to lock my DFBB album in a safe or something? Or is this just the CD version that's worth so much? Confused

~ gus ~ Shocked

It is a cool find, but the vinyl version trades for like under 10 bucks on e-bay all the time. The cassette, which is the only "official" version I own, is worth even less. Confused If I knew what I know now, I would have bought about 15 copies of the cd back in '87 even though I didn't own a cd player then! Big Grin

03-26-2002 19:51 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.

Joey needs!

07-06-2003 20:10 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

makes no difference to me. I own 'em all. I just hope the reissues will have some "extras" or something different (artwork, liner notes, whatever) because I know I'm going to buy them anyways.
07-07-2003 00:07 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

quote:

the townsends

I'll keep my eye and wallet out

07-07-2003 02:34 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Favorite potential reissues?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH