Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ideola » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ideola
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

Ideola Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello all...
I think I saw this being discussed a while back, but i'll bring it up...

I just got an 'Ideola' record called 'Tribal Opera'. I'm curious if anyone knows any extra info on this? I'm pretty sure this is a Mark Heard side project, but i'm wondering why it's credited as Ideola, if there were any more Ideola albums, etc. etc. Thanks!
~Matt
03-24-2003 16:26 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Ideola Tribal Opera Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Matt,

Tribal Opera is the only release by Mark Heard as Ideola.

-Jolly
03-24-2003 16:57 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My guess is that it had something to do with What Records and that he was likely trying to distance himself from the Christian market he had been pushed into. But hey, what do I know?
I'm pretty sure Mark played all the instruments and is the most keyboardy, electrified stuff of anything else he's done, at least off the top of my head, although, I must admit, there were a couple of 70's things of his I haven't h(H)eard. I absolutely loved Ashes to Dust and Eye of the Storm and his later stuff. Really liked Ideola too, just not the same musically as the other stuff.

03-24-2003 21:03 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Matt K
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
My guess is that it had something to do with What Records and that he was likely trying to distance himself from the Christian market he had been pushed into. But hey, what do I know?
I'm pretty sure Mark played all the instruments and is the most keyboardy, electrified stuff of anything else he's done, at least off the top of my head, although, I must admit, there were a couple of 70's things of his I haven't h(H)eard. I absolutely loved Ashes to Dust and Eye of the Storm and his later stuff. Really liked Ideola too, just not the same musically as the other stuff.

Yeah, those are good albums. I'v recently been able to get a hold of some original LPs of his from the late 70's to the early 80's, including an interesting self titled 1975 release on Airborn records. I'll have to listen to more of Ideola.
03-25-2003 20:09 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Oh yeah... that's the stuff! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just picked up this on and the non M8 LRRH, both on tape from Cheapo records. $4.20 each.

04-11-2003 16:21 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I have the CD's. Big Grin

04-11-2003 19:51 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

idEOLa Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i understand its a bit of an "Experiment" that personally- I love.
I know that Steve H from the Choir helped with some "digital racket" - but its basically Mark alone.
I found a "Big Beat " CD from the 80s in a bin- and it has an unreleased track called "Jericho" that is attributed to idEOLa - and it certainly sounds like it belongs in that era.
In 1987- What was on TOP!!!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-13-2003 07:01 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

that's the thing... unlike a lot of Mark Heard's stuff, this one is pretty dated.

good, but a bit dated...

04-13-2003 15:02 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

still never heard it........ Frown

Cool
04-14-2003 00:33 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ideola

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH