Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » This board is going to the Dogs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page This board is going to the Dogs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

This board is going to the Dogs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Or at least I am tonight!!! and with all the shows this month It look like allot of you will be going too!

got a busy day today!

I'm helping out with setting up for the show, which is pretty cool, cuz then I can hang out for the sound check without having to sneek in or hearing someone say "You're a little early for the show, come back later" .Shocked (I get that allot) Funny how the only thing I'm ever early for is a concert......or a good movie, I hate sitting too far in back.

should be a fun and long night, here's the list:

7pm Doors Open
7-7:10pm JJ the Juggler
7:10-7:20pm Ryan Brown
7:20-7:50pm New Jerusalem (NJ)
7:50-8:20pm Ping (Jeff Elbel)
8:20-8:50pm Brian Healy
9pm Lost Dogs

Juggling - Pop - Rock - Alternative - Goth - Country - ????
Something For Everyone

I'll fill you all in sometime this weekend!

later
BD Evil

03-15-2002 09:59 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

not complete Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
Or at least I am tonight!!! and with all the shows this month It look like allot of you will be going too!

got a busy day today!

I'm helping out with setting up for the show, which is pretty cool, cuz then I can hang out for the sound check without having to sneek in or hearing someone say "You're a little early for the show, come back later" .Shocked (I get that allot) Funny how the only thing I'm ever early for is a concert......or a good movie, I hate sitting too far in back.

should be a fun and long night, here's the list:

7pm Doors Open
7-7:10pm JJ the Juggler
7:10-7:20pm Ryan Brown
7:20-7:50pm New Jerusalem (NJ)
7:50-8:20pm Ping (Jeff Elbel)
8:20-8:50pm Brian Healy
9pm Lost Dogs

Juggling - Pop - Rock - Alternative - Goth - Country - ????
Something For Everyone

I'll fill you all in sometime this weekend!

later
BD Evil

Ya but no the Tuxedo Clad Megastar! Wink

03-15-2002 15:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

have a blastum BD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the smiley face ain't smilin- we are all JEL!!!!!
hey- we want a FULL REPORT!
(Ps if you see Alice...say Hi from me...were billion dollar pals!)
Jc
03-15-2002 15:56 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

So how was it??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm probably going to miss the Seattle show...Frown Frown Frown

03-16-2002 01:44 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

missing the Seattle show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
I'm probably going to miss the Seattle show...Frown Frown Frown

I'm probably going to miss it now too... since it's going to be in Tacoma - a bit too far south for me...

perchance....

Gus
Crying

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

03-16-2002 11:49 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm surprised I'm beating BD to this. He was working so hard last night I guess he deserves to sleep in this morning. Great job!

Sooo, the opener was JJ the Juggler, whose best trick was balancing his young daughter in a chair on his chin. He must do it a lot 'cause she looked kind of bored! Then there were short sets by Ryan Brown and New Jerusalem. My husband fetched us some margaritas and fish tacos for the next round, which was Jeff Elbel and Brian Healy. Jeff did some tunes from a concept album Ping is working on -- a story of lostness and redemption, I believe. There were sand, camels, Bedouin girls involved. Then he joined with Brian Healy for a set of Healy's stuff. Momentum was definitely building through this set. Forgive me for not being able to give titles as I'm not very familiar with DAS. In fact, this was Healy's first Arizona concert. Healy gave a nod to Alice Cooper's influence on him, but refused to stoop to doing a cover in homage. Cooper wasn't there to hear it anyway!

Next came the Dogs. They were loose and funny with their verbal sparring as they set up -- the usual banter about dulcet and bell-like tones, everyone wanting his guitar to be loudest, etc. Mike added a melancholy note saying that their last concert with Gene was here in Phoenix. But not dwelling on that thought, they launched into their set. I don't remember it precisely (blame the margarita), but it was something like: Wild Ride, Imagine That, Bullet Train, A Certain Love, In the Distance, A Vegas Story, Elanor It's Raining, Golden Dreams, Amber Waves Good-bye, The Great Divide, Smokescreen, Built for Glory Made to Last, Three Legged Dog, Bad Indigestion, Why is the Devil Red, (encore)Breathe Deep and Joel. Excellent, of course, and over all too soon. My three favorite moments: At one point, Mike started a twangy guitar thing as Derri was trying to sing his verse, obviously trying to unnerve him. Terry joined in, and with whimsical grins they tormented him. Derri tried valiently to continue, but broke down laughing a couple of times and finally shouted, "SHUT UP!" Then it was Mike's turn to sing. Payback time. But Mike closed his eyes, cradled the microphone close, and pretended he was alone in the universe. He managed to make it through with only the occasional smirk twitching the corners of his mouth. At another point, Terry was introducing Golden Dreams, commenting that it will be featured in an upcoming film, and they will all become famous. Mike added, "Yeah, just in time to collect our pensions!" Lastly, Mike was doing Smokescreen. The concert was in an open courtyard with the occasional traffic noise filtering in. Mike was crooning, "I locked my heart and threw away the key. Now I'm left with nothing . . .[loud motorcycle noise] . . . but a Harley!" Perfect timing, perfect lyric, and it rhymed! LOL!Big Grin
03-16-2002 12:49 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle
I'm surprised I'm beating BD to this.
I'm glad you did, now I don't have to type so much. Big Grin

Ryan Brown and New Jerusalem.
I enjoy seeing Ryan at these local shows, he has some great stuff! I hadn't heard NJ before and was a little busy to really listen in. Confused

Jeff Elbel and Brian Healy.
I liked both of these sets! And meeting both of them was a priveledge. (thanks for the help tying into the soundboard Jeff!!)

Next came the Dogs.
What can you say about the Dogs. Before the show they were concerned about not playing together for several months, and they wanted some more time to practice. I don't even think Jeff had time to play with them at all because he had his own set and played with Brian. But you couldn't tell once they got up there and started playing. Oh, there were a few missed notes and wrong words, but who cares! They did a great job! Especially with this being the first show of the tour.

I highly recomend a Lost Dogs show at least once a year! More if possible! (got that Celia, heh heh)Cool

BD

Wild Ride <----VIDEO CLIP

03-17-2002 01:11 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

in more ways than one

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
02-24-2003 01:40 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

I just started! it can't be yet!
02-24-2003 11:02 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Confused

02-24-2003 15:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Why oh why have a juggler and two bands play for ten to thirty minute shows of
JJ the Juggler,Ryan Brown, and New Jerusalem (NJ) when Jeff, Brian and the Lost Dogs could have had much longer shows?

I would have enjoyed seeing Ping. How are they live? Brian can be a bit of a downer.

02-24-2003 19:09 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden
Why oh why have a juggler and two bands play for ten to thirty minute shows of
JJ the Juggler,Ryan Brown, and New Jerusalem (NJ) when Jeff, Brian and the Lost Dogs could have had much longer shows?

I would have enjoyed seeing Ping. How are they live? Brian can be a bit of a downer.

The pre-show was just that....a pre-show.

I enjoy Ryans music, I've seen him several times. NJ I could have done without...Roll Eyes

As for Jeff and Brian, I think Jeff was happy only playing a short set since he backed up Brian and played Bass for the Dogs. He sang several songs from Pings "No Outlet" CD. I very much enjoyed Brians set (not that I didn't enjoy Jeff). I didn't get a "downer" feel from him at all. Actualy it was very funny and light hearted - in a dark sort of way Wink . I would have liked more from him.

As for the Dogs.... they were on their own schedule as usual. I don't think they would have played longer even if there was time. Mike was very tired from doing several shows that week, and the Dogs hadn't played together in a while so they didn't plan on doing a long set anyway.

All in all it was a fun night.... long, but fun.Cool

BD
02-24-2003 21:46 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

I wish that I was there, juggler and all. I just don't like short sets when I feel that the main act gets short shrift.

I would like to see Ping if they ever play Ca Central Coast.

Hope you got some good video.

02-24-2003 23:49 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

Hope you got some good video.

yes, yes I did!

I think this is one of my best shot video's. I was able to set up 2 cameras and switch between them. And I got the sound from the board. Pleased

BD
02-25-2003 08:25 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » This board is going to the Dogs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH