Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Starflyer 59 & Fearful Symmetry » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Starflyer 59 & Fearful Symmetry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
morimoto
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-10-2002

Starflyer 59 & Fearful Symmetry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Starflyer 59's new album 'Leave Here a Stranger' sounds very similar to Fearful..and what's strange is when I first bought the album when I browsed through the tracks I thought that it sounded like Terry had been in on the project, When I looked in the liners notes, he had taken over producing them after Gene passed away. Gone are all the harder edged songs. These guys know how to make catchy melodic pop/alter songs in the vein of Travis and Coldplay. The more I listen to it the more it seems Starflyer musically wrote thier songs in a way thats almost a tibute to Terry.
12-23-2002 13:50 morimoto is offline Send an Email to morimoto Search for Posts by morimoto Add morimoto to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I should just break down and buy that. It seems very good what I have heard.

12-23-2002 20:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Me too!

12-23-2002 22:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I thought this would be a good thread to bring up as Terry does those two songs with Jason Martin.

01-06-2003 16:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

That would make sense to me. The first two tracks on "Random Acts & Hodgepodge" Terry recorded with Jason Martin of Starflyer 59. I felt that track #1 on RA&H especially sounded like "Fearful Symmetry" stuff.

I may have to check out this album.

-- aotp
01-06-2003 16:50 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Author of the Post
That would make sense to me. The first two tracks on "Random Acts & Hodgepodge" Terry recorded with Jason Martin of Starflyer 59. I felt that track #1 on RA&H especially sounded like "Fearful Symmetry" stuff.

I may have to check out this album.

-- aotp

They were both pretty good I think.
Although the title "Prayer Warrior" is kinda spooky! Maybe a good cover for Carman? Tongue

01-06-2003 16:57 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Those first two songs are so cool. Hey Terry and Jason...do ten more Big Grin

01-06-2003 18:08 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Those first two songs are so cool. Hey Terry and Jason...do ten more Big Grin

I make fun of the title "Prayer Warrior" but it's a great song. I would love a whole CD buy those two! Smile )

01-07-2003 17:37 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

I guess that's yet another CD I need to puchase.

01-07-2003 17:40 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I guess that's yet another CD I need to puchase.

I like what "SF 59" I have heard.

01-07-2003 17:41 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I have their first three CDs, but couldn't keep up with all their eps and what-not.

01-07-2003 17:41 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
I have their first three CDs, but couldn't keep up with all their eps and what-not.

the new ep seems like a lot of repeat stuff.
do you have the double CD of theirs?

01-07-2003 17:47 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I don't think so. To be honest....I have no idea what's in my collection anymore. It's getting way out of hand.

01-07-2003 17:53 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

And that's a bad thing?

01-07-2003 18:08 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Tongue LOL! Tongue

01-07-2003 18:09 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I don't know what grows faster: my post total or the number of CDs in my collection.

01-07-2003 18:54 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I know. I have over a thousand. I put about ten on ebay a month but I buy tons. I get about 30 CD's from radrockers every time a catalog comes out. I got their new catalog today. I am drowning in CD's. They take up my whole living room.

01-07-2003 19:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i hear ya....i'm getting reeeeaaaal close to 2000.

10 a month on ebay......hmmmm, maybe i could......nah. Big Grin

01-07-2003 19:51 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Do you actually do alright on Ebay?

01-08-2003 05:59 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

I haven't heard the latest Starflyer EP.

01-08-2003 06:00 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Starflyer 59 & Fearful Symmetry

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH