Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Daniel Amos ~ Shotgun Angel (Collectors Edition) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos ~ Shotgun Angel (Collectors Edition)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Daniel Amos ~ Shotgun Angel (Collectors Edition) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://downthelinezine.com/reviews/shotg...by-daniel-amos/

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-31-2011 20:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

RE: Daniel Amos ~ Shotgun Angel (Collectors Edition) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

we wants it, don't we my precious?

Psalm 119:83
06-02-2011 00:01 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Very exciting. I'll pick one up in Nashville.

There are still tapes of a Shotgun Angel concert with orchestra lying around somewhere, right? Might that see release in the future?
06-02-2011 09:42 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
There are still tapes of a Shotgun Angel concert with orchestra lying around somewhere, right? Might that see release in the future?

That would be a cool album!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Ritchie_az: 06-02-2011 11:58.

06-02-2011 11:57 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

There is supposed to be at least one reel around somewhere.. last I heard, someone was still searching for it. I'm fairly certain its not in what I have. I know there is a desire to release it at some point once its located.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-02-2011 12:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Cool.
06-03-2011 10:01 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

You can check out one of the new bonus tracks here... http://www.reverbnation.com/danielamosmusic

Its an early (1976) demo for "Fathers Arms."

06-13-2011 17:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Picked mine up at the show last night. Looks and sounds great...although the track order on the back does not match up with the actual song order.
06-14-2011 17:04 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Arrghh.. I see it on the final artwork now.

Its correct on all of the rough versions though.. I wonder why or how it got changed? Confused

06-14-2011 17:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

Maybe someone from M8 works at Born Twice?
06-14-2011 21:41 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

Not that I'm aware of.. very different group of folks... and different attitudes completely. They've really been supportive even with our craziest (and most expensive) ideas..

I noticed that it mirrors the demo track order (which is taken directly from the old 4 track demo tape), so I'm wondering if someone thought that it was a mistake that the album didn't follow the same pattern and switch it out. Its sad because it looks like it was correct almost up to the very end. No one noticed it on the proof apparently.. even some of the band proofread that stuff.

Oh well.... it can be fixed on future printings hopefully. Aside from that, it looks and sounds beautiful. I'm very happy with it... I'd say more, but I do want folks to be surprised by some of it.

06-15-2011 00:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

I really love listening to the demos. There are demos for all of the songs but one, and that one has an alternate mix; at some point this week I am going to set up a playlist with a full alternate version of the album. Cool

The photos are also really cool, and I am a fan of full lyrics.
06-15-2011 08:58 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Brent17
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

I got it last night and listened the second disc on my way home. It's so much fun. A great insight into the creation of a great album. Very interesting to listen to.

Let's hope there's more and more to come Wink
06-15-2011 11:26 Brent17 is offline Send an Email to Brent17 Search for Posts by Brent17 Add Brent17 to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

warily awaiting my order...

sondance has attached this image:
220px-Gollum.png

07-03-2011 11:46 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

Nearly all of the pre-July orders for the reissues went out before I left for Cornerstone. There were a handful that I've been sending out after I returned. So everything should be showing up if it hasn't already. Did you order a long time ago or was it just in the last week or so?

07-03-2011 12:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

10d, 7h, 7m ago - assuming the store works 24/7

07-03-2011 16:40 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

We didn't receive the CDs until last Monday the 27th. A large amount of the early orders went out on Tuesday the 28th and Wednesday the 29th. I left for Cornerstone very early on the 30th (with about 2 hours of sleep). Came back into town Saturday evening.

Obviously no shipping today or Monday (the 4th), but anything that was left will go out on Tuesday. So, even if yours is in this next batch, you should see it before the end of the week.

07-03-2011 21:19 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

excellent! thanks for all you do for the band.

07-04-2011 10:05 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

i can hardly wait to get mine. thanks
07-05-2011 15:05 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
gowensby gowensby is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-25-2006

I was so impressed with the sound quality of the demos. I loved the Daniel Amos first reissue with the early recordings and I guess in some ways I thought these recordings would be more raw. But I was blown away at the beauty of the sound. Great work!
07-06-2011 11:44 gowensby is offline Homepage of gowensby Search for Posts by gowensby Add gowensby to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Daniel Amos ~ Shotgun Angel (Collectors Edition)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH