Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Misheard lyrics: Hound Of Heaven » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Misheard lyrics: Hound Of Heaven
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

Misheard lyrics: Hound Of Heaven Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have been listening to HORRENDOUS DISC for many years, but just yesterday realized I had a couple of the lines in "Hound of Heaven" totally wrong.

"Will this thing go to the moon?"
Always heard this as something like "They're sailing to the moon."

"the thrill awakes him"
I always heard this as "then a boot awakes him" -- which, frankly, I like better!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ftg3plus4: 05-08-2013 12:00.

05-08-2013 12:00 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Send a single to the moon" was what I used to think it was. Sort of appropriate in a Top-40 kind of way...

www.smashthatcomputer.com
05-09-2013 03:48 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

for years before Al Gore was born and there was no internet on which to look up lyrics, i thought Paul Simon was singing "mama, don't take my cornpone away" i did not think a lot to make sense of lyrics in those days

Psalm 119:83
05-11-2013 15:00 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

When I was a young'un, my Dad owned a 45 of the Beatles' "And I Love Her": I recently was most gratified to learn that I wasn't the only one who initially thought the lyric for the middle-eight went, "I love my car, will never die".
06-06-2013 23:28 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

my better half thought "Mr. Sandman" was "Mr. Salmon"
06-23-2013 08:11 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

My daughter always thought the song went....

"Mr Sandman, bring me a drink"
06-24-2013 07:52 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by ftg3plus4

Speaking of words on the HORRENDOUS DISC album...

Can anyone tell what the background singers are saying in the final chorus of the title track (underneath "God sees it all / he has total recall" etc.)?

01-07-2014 07:16 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by ftg3plus4
Speaking of words on the HORRENDOUS DISC album...

Can anyone tell what the background singers are saying in the final chorus of the title track (underneath "God sees it all / he has total recall" etc.)?

Yes, it's "Re - cord - ing aaaaart - ist" x4.
01-07-2014 14:35 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by ftg3plus4

Gave it a close listen thru headphones to see if I heard that, but instead heard "he's on the stage" alternating with another phrase I couldn't make out.

01-13-2014 06:16 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by ftg3plus4
Gave it a close listen thru headphones to see if I heard that, but instead heard "he's on the stage" alternating with another phrase I couldn't make out.

Ah, I think I know what you're referring to: In the final iteration of the "refrain", where Terry is singing, "You're on display, yeah, He sees it all/He has totall recall", the dual background harmony vocal is "Recording artist", repeated 4 times at two bars per repetition until the Prophet finally pronounces, "Your bloody crime...". But there's also a third vocal line singing a counterpoint in the baritone register - I never could make that part out clearly except for the last word "stage". My incomplete personal interpretation went something like "blahblahblah your place upon stage", but I'm not even sure about the "your place upon" part.

I had forgotten about that low part. But, for sure, the upper harmonies are definitely "recording artist".

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 01-13-2014 15:00.

01-13-2014 10:27 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Misheard lyrics: Hound Of Heaven

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH