Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans 18 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.5018 Votes - Average Rating: 9.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Camarillo Eddy
Swirling Eddies

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 09-18-2006

An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL SWIRLING EDDIES FANS
FROM CAMARILLO EDDY

Alright, listen up you ungrateful, whiney bunch of…er…I mean..my brothers and sisters in Christ;
Okay, I admit I blew it. Long, long ago, somewhere around sixty A.D., I committed to recording a brand new Eddies record, got you to send in your hard earned green-backs in advance to finance it, then suddenly found myself chasing after filthy lucre at a real job in order to feed my family. Now here we are several centuries later and still no Eddies record. God knows that for some of you, like the Israelites in the wilderness, grumbling has become a fine art, but for heavens sake stop it with the conspiracy theories already! I assure you that, contrary to what a couple of knuckleheads are postulating, none of your money was diverted to other projects---not Daniel Amos, not The Lost Dogs, not The Right Reverend Edward Daniel Taylor’s Miracle Pocket. So whoever the couple of pinheads are that are stirrin’ the dog duty here, let me say that I seem to recall a little scripture that talks about God hating anyone who sows discord among the brethren---which makes it okay for me to hate you to. Keep it up, and I’ll send Hort and Berger over to your houses to sew your faces to your groin regions.

You have my word that The Eddies project is still on, and frankly I want to get it in the can probably more than you do---not because I think it’s gonna be great (it will be) but because I just can’t stand the pressure of another round of “where’s the Eddies record? every time I walk in the door. My wife and kids just don’t know how to back off! I actually pushed an old lady down the other day who got in my face about it. Of course I apologized, but Mom was having none of it. She got up, held a hanky to her bloody head wound and walked off all in a huff.

By the way, since there definitely is going to be a new Eddies record, for Pete’s sake quit picking on the poor Townsend brothers or I’ll else let them have your money to do solo records instead---How would you like that?! Or else I’ll give them permission to claim they’re my cousins and are now the official Eddies. How ‘bout a worship album featuring The Evil Eddie Twins instead? In fact I’ve got the Townsends writing songs just in case I decide to go with this little plan. One of the numbers is entitled “God Makes Me Giggle.” They’re working on another one called “ I Didn’t wear Pants to the Bible Study.” Jason sings like Wayne Newton in an Iron lung, and Eric farts in time. You want that, huh?! Keep it up dillwads.

Look, I hate myself for making you guys wait, but it’s not like I clunked you in the head, burgled your house , kicked your dog and stole your car. Now I’m not going to ask you again for your patience, because I know that died long ago along with your First Love. Instead, I’m praying that you’ll receive strong delusion so that you think the last Eddie’s record is actually the new Eddie’s record and that you need to send more money for a brand new Eddie’s record, an Eddie’s box-set, and a feature film. And let me ask: Do you actually think your paltry pre-sales money will pay for an entire recording session? Eddy sessions are fully catered affairs---choice steaks, caviar, rare expensive wines, full service wet bar, exotic dishes and deserts, and a fully loaded salad bar. And that’s just for Spot! I won’t even go into what Gene Pool requires, except to say it ain’t Honey in the Rock, or gleanings from the wheat fields my friends!

Yes, I know that that whole $20 you sent in eons ago destroyed your nest egg and could have gone toward the purchase of a small popcorn and a box of Goobers at the local premier of “Beerfest,” but does that really warrant accusing me and the Townsends of fraud? Shame on you! The Townsends, if nothing else, are two of the most humble servants you’re ever likely to meet. In fact the last time I was at Cornerstone, they personally flew out in their private jets to meet me, then purchased a Rolls Royce in Macomb and hired a driver to transport yours truly to and from the festival site. When I asked for Jason’s coat (fur of course), he gave me his diamond studded pants to go along with it. Now there’s a servant! How dare you question my friends integrity!! Sure, I admit I was a tad taken aback when they kept lighting their Cuban cigars with twenty dollar bills from an attaché case labeled “ Fan Money Specifically Designated For The New Eddie’s Record,” but they quickly dispelled whatever consternation I expressed by assuring me that they too are fans and that this was their own personal money inside the case (to be restocked later) and that it was money for the new Eddie’s record that will be made right after this new record we haven’t done yet---all of which I probably shouldn’t have told any of you, because now you’ll be complaining that the second new record is late too. I’m actually thinking about recording the second new record first in order to get you off my back about the first new record, and maybe even giving it the same title I was gonna give the first one and calling the first new record something else entirely so that you’ll never even know the difference. So back off! I’m sorry okay?
Maybe I’ll just retire and let Bill Gaither take over the band.

Love,
Camarillo
09-18-2006 13:39 Camarillo Eddy is offline Homepage of Camarillo Eddy Search for Posts by Camarillo Eddy Add Camarillo Eddy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WOW! Camarillo is getting in top form! I can't wait! Shocked Big Grin Pleased Cool

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
09-18-2006 14:05 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

RE: An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Gaither and the Eddies - my dream band !!
Not a dream I hope to repeat of course...

Psalm 119:83
09-18-2006 14:26 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! Classic Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

09-18-2006 14:31 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, that was...................

amazing.

i'm swirling............................

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

09-18-2006 14:37 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

I've been trying to get the Townsends to record an album for a long time Happy

09-18-2006 14:48 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I've been trying to get the Townsends to record an album for a long time Happy

Now you've got to admit this would be really funny:

=========
In fact I’ve got the Townsends writing songs just in case I decide to go with this little plan. One of the numbers is entitled “God Makes Me Giggle.” They’re working on another one called “ I Didn’t wear Pants to the Bible Study.” Jason sings like Wayne Newton in an Iron lung, and Eric farts in time. You want that, huh?! Keep it up dillwads.

===========

so, are you going to complain all the way to a Townsends record project? Tongue

did I ever mention I used to work with a lady that was trying on clothes and when she finished and left the dressing room, she noticed it was drafty and looked down and realized she had forgot to put her pants on? Big Grin

true story!

We also heard recently of a soccer dad who got to the game with his daughter and then realized that she forgot to put her shorts on. It seems the jerseys were so long they hung down past the shorts, so that is why they didn't notice it until they got there and had to go back home and get them.
Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 09-18-2006 14:54.

09-18-2006 14:54 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Hooray! Cool

09-18-2006 15:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

RE: An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Camarillo Eddy
They’re working on another one called “ I Didn’t wear Pants to the Bible Study.” Jason sings like Wayne Newton in an Iron lung, and Eric farts in time. You want that, huh?! Keep it up dillwads.

When I asked for Jason’s coat (fur of course), he gave me his diamond studded pants to go along with it.

Seems as if the audi bros (or at least Jason) have some sort of fetish about not wearing pants! Shocked

09-18-2006 17:18 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Million Dollar diamond studded pants are not made for comfort.

09-18-2006 17:27 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

Is that why they call you the St. Louis Flasher? Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dorfsmith: 09-18-2006 17:33.

09-18-2006 17:33 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

"But officer, you completely misunderstand...I had to take them off...the chafing on my thighs was unbearable!"

09-18-2006 17:39 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Yes, I know that that whole $20 you sent in eons ago destroyed your nest egg and could have gone toward the purchase of a small popcorn and a box of Goobers at the local premier of “Beerfest,”

I think it was these bird droppings that really destroyed it!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
09-18-2006 17:47 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

I could live with bird droppings. It's dorf droppings that ruined my life. Red Face Shocked

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
09-18-2006 18:41 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Grand Encephalon

Sorry about that Tongue

09-18-2006 18:54 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Not as sorry as I am. Mad

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
09-18-2006 19:01 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Grand Encephalon

Big Grin heh heh Big Grin

09-18-2006 19:07 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
Not as sorry as I am. Mad

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
09-18-2006 22:29 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Red Face I have not frenched once Red Face

Now where the BLASTED record Eddy!! Mad

Tongue

09-18-2006 23:02 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
TattooBob TattooBob is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Yes, I know that that whole $20 you sent in eons ago destroyed your nest egg and could have gone toward the purchase of a small popcorn and a box of Goobers at the local premier of “Beerfest,”

Yeah cuz 20 bucks ain't .grey poop'on to all us high rollers that hang out here on this board!

BOBD

09-19-2006 08:15 TattooBob is offline Send an Email to TattooBob Search for Posts by TattooBob Add TattooBob to your Buddy List
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » An Open Letter To All Swirling Eddies Fans

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH