Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » In what order would you buy them » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page In what order would you buy them
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

In what order would you buy them Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I want to buy this 3, would like some recommendations on which one first,then...?

Bibleland
Darn Floor - Big Bite (2cd deluxe edition)
When Everyone Wore Hats Box set

thanks

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
12-02-2009 11:21 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Darn Floor
Hats
Bibleland

That would be my choice, but they are so different it kind of depends on what you like.

Darn Floor is like nothing else, strange and beautiful.
Hats ..with the book and the songs, an incredible package.
Bibleland is like DA as a four piece band live in the studio, grungy and loud.

12-02-2009 11:59 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool RE: In what order would you buy them Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this usually only happens in on-topic conversations...but i agree with jason Big Grin

Cool
12-02-2009 12:05 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't own "Hats" so I can't fully comment on that. Darn Floor - Big Bite is hands down essential. Songs of the Heart is great, so I can only imagine that "Hats" is even better. BibleLand is good, a "must" for any DA fanatic, but certainly not essential for a casual listener.

So all of that is to say that I agree with Jason, too.

12-02-2009 13:51 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by pegotico

I have another question "stupid one"?

The hats set is the same size as alarma book set? (just out of curiosity)

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
12-02-2009 15:45 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a little smaller..... but every bit as good musically..

Cool
12-02-2009 15:49 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Bibleland

When Everyone Wore Hats Box set

Darn Floor - Big Bite (2cd deluxe edition)

Of the three, Darn Floor is my favorite but speaking from a purely practical standpoint, the first two are the most difficult to find while Darn Floor has just been reissued. Pragmatism rules out.
12-02-2009 19:14 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

I agree with Jason, Joey, & Ritchie. However, Dw, makes an excellent point on attainability (wow....I may have stumbled across a new word).

12-03-2009 11:34 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Darn Floor
Hats
Bibleland

That would be my choice, but they are so different it kind of depends on what you like.

Darn Floor is like nothing else, strange and beautiful.
Hats ..with the book and the songs, an incredible package.
Bibleland is like DA as a four piece band live in the studio, grungy and loud.

Ditto. Darn Floor, then Hats, then Bibleland.
12-03-2009 11:48 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

hats is available in the webstore here...
http://www.danielamos.com/store/daindex.html

Bibleland usually has a few copies at ebay...
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=...-All-Categories

you guys are gonna have to find a better excuse than that for not owning these!!! Mad

Tongue

Cool
12-03-2009 11:49 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

RE: In what order would you buy them Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you create a Daniel Amos station on Slacker Radio and customize it as much as possible, you will hear songs from DFBB and Bibleland. WEWH isn't on there, but I think Songs from the Heart is.

12-03-2009 21:52 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

RE: In what order would you buy them Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

meh..

Cool
12-03-2009 23:00 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Darn Floor, BibleLand and then Hats!
Tongue

12-04-2009 21:10 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wayneb wayneb is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 04-24-2002

Bibleland just went up the order for me today...I hadn't listened to it for a couple of years but put it, 30th Anniversary and an Iona CD into the car today when I went to Auckland (110km away) for my surgical followup visit. (all looking very good, thanks for prayers).

You have to be in the right mood for it though....but the rawness and all-round punch of those songs (with the pathos of songs like "Broken Ladders...") was what I needed to hear first today. The miles just flew by (almost got a speeding ticket on the way back).

This one creeps up on you and, once again, shows how criminally underrated Daniel Amos have been right through their career.

So, for me it's:

DFBB
Bibleland
Hats

Dennis, you have great taste also...

www.smashthatcomputer.com
12-10-2009 03:07 wayneb is online Send an Email to wayneb Homepage of wayneb Search for Posts by wayneb Add wayneb to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

As do you!
There are not many of us who really love BibleLand.
Woo-hoo!

12-10-2009 19:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
As do you!
There are not many of us who really love BibleLand.
Woo-hoo!

i'm getting my money back tomorrow!!! Mad Mad Mad

Tongue

no, it's good...just ain't better than the other ones listed here... Wink

Cool
12-10-2009 19:39 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » In what order would you buy them

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH