Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Custom Swine Special » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Custom Swine Special
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Custom Swine Special Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This came up once before but after talking with Terry about it recently, it might actually be something he would like to do. Obviously, I'll do a more formal survey if this thing gets off the ground.

For those of you that received a customized Swine Before Pearl, vol one - would you be willing to authorize your track's use on a special limited edition custom Swine collection?

For everyone - would you be interested in purchasing a CD of all of the custom Swine Before Pearl tracks? (These are the tracks that Terry wrote specifically for each person).

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-01-2013 22:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

RE: Custom Swine Special Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would most likely be interested if people are willing to share their gift with others. I might want to hear small samples or read the lyrics beforehand, but most likely I would buy them.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
05-02-2013 10:54 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We heard them when we put the disc together, some are pretty funny and some are quite touching. A couple people gave almost no information about themselves, so Terry struggled with what to write. They are a good example of Terry's talent and how he can go in any direction with this stuff.

05-02-2013 11:15 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

You bet Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Love to. With the delays in between releases, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and since I have (and intend to) buy almost everything Terry touches, this will be no exception.

05-02-2013 15:53 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Doke Doke is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would be in for a purchase, and would be fine to have my song be part of the compilation.

Thanks!
05-02-2013 20:02 Doke is offline Search for Posts by Doke Add Doke to your Buddy List
lobo1023 lobo1023 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 09-07-2006

Sbp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm in on both accounts.
05-03-2013 07:09 lobo1023 is offline Search for Posts by lobo1023 Add lobo1023 to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I bought a CD (thrice) that had him gargling in the shower, so yeah I'd buy the custom CD.

05-03-2013 18:00 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

As long as everyone who paid that money to have that released is in, then sure, I think I would love to hear some of those songs. Assuming they don't all sound the same, "I'd like to teach the world to sing" with different lyrics for each person? Maybe then, just a lyric sheet for 2$ and as SASE.

05-04-2013 20:18 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

They're all pretty well different... it was astounding what Terry was able to do with them.

And, yes, we consider the people that commissioned the songs to be the "owners" - especially considering the fact that some contain personal information. So everything will be done with their permission if it's done at all.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-04-2013 21:29 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I'd buy, and am cool with "my" song being used.
05-21-2013 21:20 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Mike Beidler
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-21-2002

RE: Custom Swine Special Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm in for a collection of commissioned songs! I bust a gut laughing at mine.
06-29-2013 16:22 Mike Beidler is offline Send an Email to Mike Beidler Search for Posts by Mike Beidler Add Mike Beidler to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Did we ever do this one?

09-07-2019 16:09 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i have it, yeah..

Cool
09-09-2019 16:04 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Custom Swine Special

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH