Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » California Show? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page California Show?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

California Show? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, serious question folks. There hasn't been a DA concert in California in ages.

At this moment, DA is contemplating putting a show together in the Orange County area. But, before this can happen, we need to have some idea how much *serious* interest there is out there.

If you live in California, would you try to go to a DA show if one was set up in your area?

And for those of you that dont' live in CA - how many of you would try to fly in or drive in for the show?

If you are interested in a CA area show, please fill out the form at http://www.danielamos.com/california.html
This will send us your name and email address, and we will keep you informed as details develop.

Thank you.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-12-2002 23:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

no. thank you! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

04-12-2002 23:36 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Going Back to Cali' Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Going back to Cali', Cali', I'm going back to Cali. Big Grin -LL Cool J.
I filled it out and I live 1100 miles away. Well....I'm from Arcadia, next town over from Wes Berlin there Big Grin and that would give me an excuse to go back home for a few days... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Roll L.A. river roll and take me to a better world

04-13-2002 00:39 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
samson samson is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

California Show? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

YES the time is now ( ok any time soon )and we here must have DA!!!! we need are DA!!! ( ok who's da agin i dont rember Big Grin )
04-13-2002 03:16 samson is offline Send an Email to samson Search for Posts by samson Add samson to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

I wish... if only... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh man, I wish for just a day I didn't live in the midwest. It's a real pleasure every time I get to see the boys at Bushnell; being so far away, I'll have to wait for that.

Believe me though, I don't take any DA or related concert for granted. There have been some lean years, but the last few have been real treats. Just think for a minute of all the stunning new recordings and still-sharp-concerts with which we continue to be blessed.

In my opinion Terry/Ed/Greg/Tim and friends just keep getting better and better, if that even seems possible. To top it off, when I go to the DA/Dogs concerts, we have sweet surprises like Phil Madeira and others.

These are golden years. I hope anyone who is able will make the time for this event.

04-13-2002 11:12 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wes Berlin must be on the wrong board. He lives in Monrovia which is in So. Cal and yet would not go to a DA concert there?

I would make a road trip from the Northern portion of the state to make it.
04-17-2002 14:29 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

hey! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sorry about the confusion. when i said "no. thank you" it was responding to the final line of the original post...."thank you".

of course i'll be there(with 6-10 others).

note to self....take a communications class

04-17-2002 15:52 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know of at least 5 posting people from N. CA that want a show here (of course I counted Rev. J. T. & Aunt Betty too).
LK-9

04-17-2002 15:59 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Close but no cigar!

think St. Paul
make up show for last dec.
St. Paul
St. Paul

St. Paul Smile

04-17-2002 16:06 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
think St. Paul

Sorry Dr., we don't disagree on too much, but we really do need a California show. I was so excited when I moved to CA thinking I would get to see TST in concert more often. I haven't seen him since I left the Midwest. Think San Francisco Bay!
LK-9

04-17-2002 22:23 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
quote:
think St. Paul

Sorry Dr., we don't disagree on too much, but we really do need a California show. I was so excited when I moved to CA thinking I would get to see TST in concert more often. I haven't seen him since I left the Midwest. Think San Francisco Bay!
LK-9

Think Spokane! Uhh.... That won't happen. Red Face No, Cali would be cool, I need to get back. Wisconsin this Summer Doc, close enough. Cali is much closer than Bushnell (sp?)..... Confused Confused Confused

04-18-2002 19:01 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

MN, CA or anywhere Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For the sake of all future shows and getting to hear live the band(s) we love (DA, Dogs, 77s, Choir, etc...theo...ha!) here's something I've learned recently. The shows that seem to get screwed up are because of bad promotion. The shows that never happen are because of an unwillingness to promote.

Having the Dogs come to your town is NOT that hard of a deal--MN or elsewhere. Ask JT for an exact amount. But I can tell you it is VERY do-able. There's generally an amount of cash, air-fare and hotel rooms. If you can get one to a few folks to shoulder the $$ then get a local church or something to let you hold the thing, you're pretty safe on your investment and everybody has a great time.

Probably preaching to the choir, but I seriously wanna encourage people to take a gander at being promoters--it is very doable. It takes a little hustling on the phone and a little bending of some arms, but it's worth it. Thinking of December 8th, it's definitely worth it.
04-19-2002 00:03 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Sheryl
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Hey LK-9, you can add at least one more to the list of folks from NorCali who would love to see DA do a show in the Golden State. Who knows, maybe we can travel together and play our favs along the way if it's in SoCali. For NorCali, The Fillmore would be cool or The Warfield. Alas, we may have to settle for a smaller venue.

-S
04-19-2002 20:12 Sheryl is offline Send an Email to Sheryl Search for Posts by Sheryl Add Sheryl to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Sheryl
Hey LK-9, you can add at least one more to the list of folks from NorCali who would love to see DA do a show in the Golden State. Who knows, maybe we can travel together and play our favs along the way if it's in SoCali. For NorCali, The Fillmore would be cool or The Warfield. Alas, we may have to settle for a smaller venue.

-S
Sheryl, you know both of those venues would be great. However, I would love to see the Dogs play Slims. I love that place. You don't have an endroad with Boz Scaggs do you? Where are you at in NorCal? I know that TM is also very interested in getting a show here. He an I have attempted to connect, but busy lives have kept us apart.
LK-9

04-20-2002 10:48 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
think St. Paul

LK-9

Here's the deal, was gonna play St. Paul last year, then did not, therefore DA owes St.Paul a show! eh?? eh??
You know I'm right!

So Cal is cool too, just don't forget those of us in the much colder part of the world Smile

04-20-2002 11:36 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
quote:
think St. Paul

LK-9

Here's the deal, was gonna play St. Paul last year, then did not, therefore DA owes St.Paul a show! eh?? eh??
You know I'm right!

So Cal is cool too, just don't forget those of us in the much colder part of the world Smile
I know, I felt for all of you when that show was canceled. It was not fair at all!
LK-9

04-20-2002 11:56 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
quote:
quote:
think St. Paul

LK-9

You know I'm right!

I know, I felt for all of you when that show was canceled. It was not fair at all!
LK-9

no... it's not fair Frown

04-22-2002 16:55 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

should we commence pinchin' ourselves?! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A California show?!
See! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout Willis!

Dang! I don't care where you have it, I'll show! It'd be a good excuse to visit So Cal if it hasta be there. (Though me and LK9, and Sheryl it sounds like, would like it Nor Cal way). And it'd be a little closer Joey T.

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
04-22-2002 18:32 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Any more news on this????? Is it going ot happen?

But do keep it towards the southern end....and sometime when it's warm so we can all go to the beach. Big Grin
BD

04-22-2002 18:35 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by ™
A California show?!
See! Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout Willis!

Dang! I don't care where you have it, I'll show! It'd be a good excuse to visit So Cal if it hasta be there. (Though me and LK9, and Sheryl it sounds like, would like it Nor Cal way). And it'd be a little closer Joey T.

Well, actually I'm from SoCali and still have lot's of friends and family down there including some who would make it to the show. Big Grin So really, for me, SoCali is much closer than the gay, uh... I mean the Bay Area. Big Grin (sorry, that's what my friends and I called it growing up..... couldn't resist)

04-22-2002 18:36 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » California Show?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH