Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tales of TS Taylor » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tales of TS Taylor
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

Tales of TS Taylor Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Per a request by Audiori for insightful information about Mr. Taylor I have searched my soul and dredged up a detail that may not have had the attention it deserves.

During his service in the National Guard he was required to comply to a hair length standard. As you may have observed in his seventies photos, Terry's hair was not exactly compliant to anybody's standard. In fact it just kinda exploded from his head. I never did figure out how he found his face in the morning when he woke up and first looked in the mirror.

Now in those days if a young man reported to the monthly meeting or annual two-week summer camp out (pup tent, sea-rations and smoke grenades, re-qualification on the carbine dujour) at Camp Roberts (see History 1970) with uncompliant hair length he was given an all expenses paid trip to the camp barber. Needless to say Sgt. Taylor was not going return home looking like a lost Mormon-on-mission.

So, he wore a wig. Yup that's right folks, a ratty looking thing it was too, I saw it personally. Scared the bejeebers out of me all hunched up on the end table like a fangless wolverine ready to spring upon the first hapless victim to move within range.

I wonder if he still puts it on in the middle of the night and silently salutes himself in the mirror. Who knows?

Psalm 119:83
05-13-2006 13:01 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Shocked Shocked Shocked

05-13-2006 16:32 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Are there photos? Big Grin

05-13-2006 18:20 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Big Grin I was wondering the same thing k9. That would be a sight I'd love to take in.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
05-13-2006 20:46 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
Big Grin I was wondering the same thing k9. That would be a sight I'd love to take in.

Uncle T??? Come forth!

05-13-2006 21:06 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

^^^^^ Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

05-13-2006 23:51 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thread Starter Thread Started by sondance
more tales? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Photos? You are scaring me. Mrs. TST might help on that one. Don't know.

By the way I'm hoping this will provide inspiration for other "tales" to show up here. As fans of the man he deserves all the disrespect we can show him.

Hard to believe there would be any lack of material.

KP

05-14-2006 10:28 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

terry did not wear a wig...

clearly this '70's era photo proves that.

05-14-2006 11:29 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Shocked

05-14-2006 11:33 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

I thought he was that guy from Tears for Fear.

05-14-2006 13:08 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

So he had long hair stuffed under a short hair wig? Or Short hair stuffed under a long hair wig? Hmmm.....

05-14-2006 22:44 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

He's hunky!

05-15-2006 08:30 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Happy

05-16-2006 01:21 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Donut Breath Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not sure it stood the test of time, but one of Terry’s more cutting pejoratives, reserved for his closest acquaintances was “Donut Breath”, as in, “What were you thinking, Donut Breath?”. It is most effective when combined with a certain tone of derision similar to “Knucklehead”. As I recall Terry used both descriptors interchangeably, and frequently… especially for Steve, not so much for me.

This is strictly unofficial but it may have been inspired by the trays of donuts available for the residents of San Jose’s City Team Ministries home for derelicts, as we encountered it in the early 70’s in the Hayes Mansion. They leased it at that time and in one part of the mansion they hosted their youth ministry events, in another the previously mentioned home for derelicts and upstairs rooms were shared by single ministry employees including Jubal’s fine drummer, Chuck Starnes. See DA History 1973 for more notes. Turns out the mansion was not named for a governor but a faith healer. This explains a lot.
http://www.geocities.com/soho/veranda/4103/hayes.html

So remember, if you want to really put someone in their place, you too can call them Donut Breath and preserve another fascinating legacy from the Tales of TS Taylor.

Has anyone encountered any recent occurences of this Taylorism? Tongue

06-04-2006 21:04 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Not yet... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...but then again, I haven't had a chance to put it into practice yet. That will change soon. Tongue
06-05-2006 11:16 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Donut breath. Pleased
06-05-2006 11:17 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

knucklehead! Shocked

06-05-2006 22:25 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Tales of TS Taylor

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH