Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 77's DVD news update » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's DVD news update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

77's DVD news update Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Some late news here....

Due to an unexpected break in manufacturing costs, we are happy to announce that the cost of the 2 DVD set will be lowered to $25 plus shipping... Big Grin

The DVD is set to arrive on 7/5/06 for a Cornerstone release, followed by online sales to begin on 7/6/06 from both 77s.com and lo-fidelity. (Mike will also have a very limited number of the DVD to sell on the Dogs tour after Cornerstone.)

all for now...

jeffrey k.
www.lo-fidelity.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jeffrey k.: 07-04-2006 23:56.

07-04-2006 23:48 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sweet! Pleased
07-05-2006 06:20 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
bigdork.2
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 11-22-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

good, since I'll probably buy two Cool

07-05-2006 08:57 bigdork.2 is offline Send an Email to bigdork.2 Search for Posts by bigdork.2 Add bigdork.2 to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Cool Thanks for the news jeffrey. Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-05-2006 11:01 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
Cool Thanks for the news jeffrey. Pleased

I love you (both), I say ditto! Cool Pleased

Thanks jeffrey k.! Happy

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-05-2006 12:17 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

Thanks for all the thanks....it's really my pleasure.

And on that note, I'm pleased to announce the DVD is out and can be picked up at 77's and Lo-Fidelity.com. In addition, Mike has a few copies he's going to sell on the Dogs tour...but only a few...this is a Dogs tour after all! The DVD was selling fast at the festival....selling fast online too!

Thanks again for all the support...

jeffrey k.

07-06-2006 23:56 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

I ordered mine yesterday. Pleased
07-07-2006 08:14 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

I wasn't going to ask this, Jeff. I really wasn't. But I have to know:

Are there any trains in this one? 'Cuz some people really have a problem with trains!

Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 07-07-2006 11:18.

07-07-2006 11:18 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by jeffrey k.

quote:
Originally posted by PuP

Are there any trains in this one? 'Cuz some people really have a problem with trains!

Tongue

Not this one...

But the part 2 of the Dogs DVD is gonna have an easter egg that will just be footage of trains dedicated to Peter. All trains...all trains in Chicago.

Tongue

jeffrey k.

07-07-2006 11:31 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
Originally posted by PuP

Tongue

Not this one...

But the part 2 of the Dogs DVD is gonna have an easter egg that will just be footage of trains dedicated to Peter. All trains...all trains in Chicago.

Tongue

jeffrey k.

All this train talk sounds pretty crazy. Does it have anything to do with Ozzy? After all, Mike Roe said on It's For You (I think in the Snake intro?) that the song wound up sounding like Ozzy or something.

Part 2 Dogs DVD - Can't wait! Cool Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-07-2006 11:37 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:
Originally posted by PuP

Tongue

Not this one...

Tongue

jeffrey k.

I hadn't heard of this "Part 2". I'm excited. You're starting to crank these out like sausages!

And I really love the Easter egg idea. Big Grin

07-07-2006 12:35 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

The DVD is beautiful... everything is top notch folks. the packaging is nice and theres enough cool footage covering every line-up of the band and every wacky hairstyle to make everyone happy.

(Doing my best impression of Roe...) "Buy! Buy! Buy!"

here are the direct links:
http://www.lo-fidelity.com/store_77s-dvd.html
http://www.77s.com/store_music.html

and while you're shopping, make sure to get the new Lost Dogs album:
http://www.thelostdogs.com/store/

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-07-2006 12:56 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I ordered mine last night...

07-07-2006 14:40 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

where else have you heard "oh, btw, costs were lower than expected so we're passing that along to you!"?

07-07-2006 14:50 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
oomarty7 oomarty7 is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 04-23-2005

sure, I hear it all the time when the gas price goes down half a cent at the pump!
07-07-2006 15:18 oomarty7 is offline Send an Email to oomarty7 Homepage of oomarty7 Search for Posts by oomarty7 Add oomarty7 to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Big Grin

Maybe we can swing getting this once MF gets paid. Frown

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-07-2006 16:16 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
NonProphet NonProphet is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Got mine yesterday! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got this in the mail yesterday! An absolute treasure for any 7s fan. Some highlights for me:
1) finally seeing the "Mercy Mercy" video on something besides an ancient, oxide-depleted VHS tape
2) seeing the other Exit Records artists make brief appearances in their TV special (Steve "Grilled Fish" Griffith especially)
3) Pat Boone's HILARIOUSLY square introduction of the 7s on his "Gospel Gold" show.
4) "It's So Sad" from the Ichthus festival, 1985... I was in the front row of that show.

Anyway, there's plenty more reasons to own this collection. That's just the first 4 I could think of. A heartfelt "Great job" to everyone involved in its production.

P.S. Why does this message board change the word "S-A-D" to "Melancholy?" automatically?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NonProphet: 07-12-2006 09:22.

07-11-2006 12:31 NonProphet is offline Send an Email to NonProphet Homepage of NonProphet Search for Posts by NonProphet Add NonProphet to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
where else have you heard "oh, btw, costs were lower than expected so we're passing that along to you!"?

Wal-Mart

07-12-2006 10:48 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
GothDad GothDad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 04-24-2006

I had a friend pick the DVD up for us at Cornerstone. It is awesome.

My wife was also at the Ichtus '85 77s show (she was somewhere to the right of the stage, and unfortunately was not visible in the footage provided).

With all the different video cameras rolling, the live bootleg footage, all edited together, had the feel of a decent three-camera setup. The sound quality was a lot better than I expected, too.

I still haven't watched it all, but I'm very impressed with what I have seen. I even liked "A Different Kind of Light", with the accompanying Pat Boone/Gospel Gold promo (yikes!).

Now "This is the Way Love Is" is stuck in my mind, on heavy rotation. "it's a one-sided, double-minded mirror with no reflection..."

Peace (except for the tune playing in my head),

Jeff
07-15-2006 20:36 GothDad is offline Send an Email to GothDad Search for Posts by GothDad Add GothDad to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Big Grin I am SO FREAKIN' lovin' this DVD collection. Woo hoo!
07-15-2006 21:53 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » 77's DVD news update

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH