Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA at Spirit West Coast? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA at Spirit West Coast?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Shocked DA at Spirit West Coast? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i walked into the tent yesterday to watch the Phil Keaggy concert, and i nearly passed out into the arms of my dear friend Javier.

There on the stage was that oh so familiar wood organ. i had seen it at Cstone so many times. It was there at the great C2k concert if memory is not tricking me again. Could the boys be performing unannounced in this unholy venue?

Well, Terry and the boys did not open up for Phil, but it was great to see that other Phil behind the wood organ. Keaggy was brilliant, as usual. i didn't know what to do at times, so i cried. Mr Madiera was brilliant too. He and the other Phil kept challenging each other to new heights, and the audience loved it. Mr Madiera even sand two songs of his own with the other Phil backing him up. One of the songs, "If I Was Jesus" is possibly the most intelligent song i have heard at SWC.

Oh, and Uncle Randy was there. He played until about midnight. Then we had to drive the 2.5 hours home. It was great to see Randy again. He can still do those high kicks, even though he keeps insisting that he is a fragile old man. He has a wonderful new song. i think the title is "Life is Hard, but God is Good" AMEN! The drive home was hard, but the time with Randy was very good.
07-30-2005 20:17 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That is cool Mr. Wizard. I had no idea those guys would be there. Cool

07-31-2005 01:01 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

CooL

07-31-2005 15:57 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

07-31-2005 16:00 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
freak freak is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-270.jpg

Registration Date: 11-13-2003

God bless Phil Madeira - a master of so many instruments...

Mr. Keaggy - words fail.

Uncle Randy - pure joy.

I am happy for you Bax!

~f

dit, dit, doo
08-01-2005 09:50 freak is offline Send an Email to freak Homepage of freak Search for Posts by freak Add freak to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thread Starter Thread Started by baxter

words do fail
08-01-2005 10:56 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

RE: DA at Spirit West Coast? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

. One of the songs, "If I Was Jesus" is possibly the most intelligent song i have heard at SWC.

Bax- did you know that Toby Keith recorded that song?
Thats the version I heard and stole..great lil number.

would love to hear Phil do it hissef!
More lata

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-01-2005 11:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

bax- now I read the complete post...

I hate you!

in that jealous, non christian kind of way..!

but - in the Lord- I love you.!

It sounds like a show to see.

I still have my C-Stone 05 memories close to my heart- I view them in my minds eye oft.

08-01-2005 12:14 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

RE: DA at Spirit West Coast? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
. One of the songs, "If I Was Jesus" is possibly the most intelligent song i have heard at SWC.

More lata

i didn't know that. Is he the country singer who wrote the song about 9/11?
08-01-2005 12:58 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Bax - I took the family on a little vacation up to Oregon and got to witness a Compassion International concert with Geoff Moore and Phil Keaggy - Phil is nothing short of mesmerizing. I have no idea how long he was up on stage playing and singing because I was so lost in amazement. Incredible stuff. Geoff has a gentle and good heart, and we enjoyed his set also. He actually has some funny stories. We sponsored two compassion children who are the same ages as our two oldest daughters (5 & 3) so the our s can write letters and draw pictures for them as they grow up. Kind of cool to have pen-pals in Kenya and Nicaragua while learning the importance of helping others. Anyway - it was a great experience - I honestly don't understand how Keaggy does what he does without making millions and millions.....
08-01-2005 17:39 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i share your wonder, birdy. He is not human.

Your CI work is great. i haven't sponsored a child for a few years now, but i plan to start sponsoring a child again this summer.
08-01-2005 18:04 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
quote:

More lata

Yup - hes the a** kickin redneck- but I was thrilled to see that Phil got a few extra $$ off that one Its on his "Shockin Y'all CD-(very popular in the Boot wearin crowd) which I burned a copy of for a pal at work. Got a chance to tell him about Phil, that I met him etc..it IS a great song- and I've sung it at our local coffee shop.

08-01-2005 18:34 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

my daughter sponsers a CI child (well- we do some months, but she tries...)
Sh did it thru a local band here.

08-01-2005 18:37 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baxter
quote:

More lata

Yup - hes the a** kickin redneck- but I was thrilled to see that Phil got a few extra $$ off that one Its on his "Shockin Y'all CD-(very popular in the Boot wearin crowd) which I burned a copy of for a pal at work. Got a chance to tell him about Phil, that I met him etc..it IS a great song- and I've sung it at our local coffee shop.

Cool Cool Cool
08-01-2005 18:50 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Now my 5 year old would like to plan a trip to Africa!!!!! What have we done??????? She actually does talk about it. She'd like to bring toys and food and clothes on a trip to Africa. It's pretty cute - of course - she thinks Africa is just a little car trip away. Doesn't really get the whole "the world is a big big place" thing. I think Disney has corrupted her....
08-08-2005 10:30 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA at Spirit West Coast?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH