Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vox Robotica » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vox Robotica
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
[quote]Originally posted by dennis
What makes VH such a great album are the great songs on it! Pleased

What makes VH an OK album are the lyrics, the music is not the best. Red Face Tongue Big Grin

The music is great, it has lots of great hooks and melodies.

I can get into Van Halen more than I can Vox Humana. Just not for me musically, I guess. It's not like it's bad, I just don't enjoy it. But like I said, I do enjoy the lyrics.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-23-2004 08:10 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I can get into Van Halen more than I can Vox Humana. Just not for me musically, I guess. It's not like it's bad, I just don't enjoy it.

That's the way I feel about "delerious?" or whatever the hell they are.

Really though, if they re-did VH like Hats with just guitar, bass & (real) drums I bet you would like it more! Pleased

11-23-2004 08:18 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel Syme
quote:
Originally posted by Vertitron
But I'm one who is more interested in the final product than the means by which it was created. It either sounds cool or it doesn't. And if it doesn't have any good melodies or catches, it generally won't interest me.

I love a good melody, but admit that I tend to be first oriented to rhythm; not necessarily fast or wierd rhythm, just the manner in which things occur in time. (It's one of the main problems everyone has had with any of the concert music I've written.)

I also like interesting sounds. After listening to an album of Tuvan throat music, I realized that any sound can be music if it's used in an artistic & expressive manner. I wouldn't object so much to the general pallid nature of synthesizer sounds these days if they were put to good use. The piece can concentrate on rhythm, melody, harmony, telling a story, creating an atmosphere, tickling your fancy, whatever, but if it's not done well & honestly, the sound bank or programming doesn't make up for that.

I love throat music! Cool

11-23-2004 08:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The picture kind of gave that away.... Roll Eyes

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-23-2004 08:23 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
I can get into Van Halen more than I can Vox Humana. Just not for me musically, I guess. It's not like it's bad, I just don't enjoy it.

Really though, if they re-did VH like Hats with just guitar, bass & (real) drums I bet you would like it more! Pleased

That sounds pretty cool. I think the "lounge" feel of SOTH remake fit that record really well, but I don't know if I would enjoy as much piano on another remake.

I'm just not into electronic sounds and synthesizer stuff. I think they need to be more for video games and maybe movie soundtracks. Although I did like most of what Rush did with them.

Got a few miles left ...

11-23-2004 08:27 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:

That sounds pretty cool. I think the "lounge" feel of SOTH remake fit that record really well, but I don't know if I would enjoy as much piano on another remake.

I'm just not into electronic sounds and synthesizer stuff. I think they need to be more for video games and maybe movie soundtracks. Although I did like most of what Rush did with them.

That's what I am saying... no piano... just guitar bass & drums!

11-23-2004 08:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why stop with VH? I think the whole Alarma Chronicles would sound better redone. But then, I would rather Terry & co. expend their energies on new stuff, for the most part.

Got a few miles left ...

11-23-2004 08:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why stop with VH? I think the whole Alarma Chronicles would sound better redone. But then, I would rather Terry & co. expend their energies on new stuff, for the most part.

No... iAlarma!, Doppelganger and Fearful Symmetry are perfect! Pleased

The only thing I would change is to maybe speed up "real girls" a touch Confused

11-23-2004 08:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

quote:
Why stop with VH? I think the whole Alarma Chronicles would sound better redone.

Shocked Crying
11-23-2004 09:27 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel Syme
quote:
Why stop with VH? I think the whole Alarma Chronicles would sound better redone.

Shocked Crying

i would love to hear an acoustic version, like terry did with "hats"...
of course, keep the originals around as well! Cool

Cool
11-23-2004 13:18 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vox Robotica

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH