Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Suggestions Solicited - Terry Songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Suggestions Solicited - Terry Songs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Suggestions Solicited - Terry Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Howdy all! A local studio will be putting out six national "novelty" CDs with marketing to be handled by Taxi, Inc, one of the nation's premier independant artist handlers. I've graciouisly been given permission to submit songs by Terry & the gang for possible inclusion. I know the owner of the studio and not only is he an old hat at the Christian music realm (Juso, anyone?) but he's familiar with the music of DA and was very excited at the prospect of having some of Terry's songs on this collection.

There are six themes: losers, women, food, beer, vices, spoofs of classical music

I've intentionally chosen more recent songs, mostly because Terry owns more of the publishing rights and would get more of the royalties but any further suggestions are very welcome. Here's what I have so far:

All three food songs from "All Day Sing and Dinner on the Ground" - food
Fruitcake From Hell - food
Startin' Monday - Vices
Pie Hole - Women
Pretend I'm Elvis - ?women? It was just too good not to suggest
Beans & Franks - food (with Stonehill)
Wondrous Pies - food (with Stonehill)
She's a Hard Drink - Women

Any suggestions?
06-11-2004 08:32 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

RE: Suggestions Solicited - Terry Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by uvulapie
Howdy all! A local studio will be putting out six national "novelty" CDs with marketing to be handled by Taxi, Inc, one of the nation's premier independant artist handlers. I've graciouisly been given permission to submit songs by Terry & the gang for possible inclusion. I know the owner of the studio and not only is he an old hat at the Christian music realm (Juso, anyone?) but he's familiar with the music of DA and was very excited at the prospect of having some of Terry's songs on this collection.

There are six themes: losers, women, food, beer, vices, spoofs of classical music

I've intentionally chosen more recent songs, mostly because Terry owns more of the publishing rights and would get more of the royalties but any further suggestions are very welcome. Here's what I have so far:

All three food songs from "All Day Sing and Dinner on the Ground" - food
Fruitcake From Hell - food
Startin' Monday - Vices
Pie Hole - Women
Pretend I'm Elvis - ?women? It was just too good not to suggest
Beans & Franks - food (with Stonehill)
Wondrous Pies - food (with Stonehill)
She's a Hard Drink - Women

Any suggestions?

Women - Close But No Cigar - that Elvis sound might get across to a wider audience, but your other picks are great too. I would probably go with Pie Hole, though.

Losers - whichever old song contains "Jesus died for sinners, losers and winners" - maybe too blunt for the compilation, but a good song nonetheless.

Beer - how could you leave out "Hide the Beer, the Pastor's Here"?

Food - wonder if "Banquet at the World's End" could make the cut?

Women - "Evangeline" Big Grin or "Our Night to Howl, Time to Go Dancin'", Big Grin or "The Golden Girl of the Golden West", now that's a good one.

Food - How could you leave out "Bad Indigestion"?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-11-2004 08:41 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
uvulapie uvulapie is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-09-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by uvulapie
RE: Suggestions Solicited - Terry Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Also any ideas one has for submission to the Dr. Demento show. These don't have to be recent as Terry will get residuals for airplay...

And has anyone seen my "Little Red Riding Hood" CD? I've looked all over for it.
06-11-2004 09:07 uvulapie is offline Send an Email to uvulapie Homepage of uvulapie Search for Posts by uvulapie Add uvulapie to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of uvulapie: uvulapie
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Also any ideas one has for submission to the Dr. Demento show. These don't have to be recent as Terry will get residuals for airplay...

And has anyone seen my "Little Red Riding Hood" CD? I've looked all over for it.

Maybe someone huffed and puffed and blew it out of your house? Tongue
Maybe that's why the devil is red?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-11-2004 09:17 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:

There ought to be something on Neverhood Songs that would fit the bill...

06-11-2004 10:11 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Food.....Beans beans Musical Fruit...

There is a skullmonkeys song that is all food as well.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-11-2004 12:50 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did someone mention Bad indigestion??

06-11-2004 13:47 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

I Believe In Love

love
love
lovely
lovely
love
love
lovely
lovely
love
love
lovely
lovely
love
06-11-2004 14:19 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

hmmmmm... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bad Indigestion is a must! Smile )

How about Vegas Story for vices?

BTW, what's Dr. Demento?
06-13-2004 16:16 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

I say definately enter Fruitcake From Hell -- Food

Fear that green glob on the Message Board

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
06-13-2004 19:13 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Nick! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How the heck ARE ya?

Man, it must be old home week - cuz you're here, and Anne just posted, and Raelinor started a couple of new threads in the Off Topic area........

good to see your name.............how've you been?

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

06-14-2004 16:12 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Suggestions Solicited - Terry Songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH