Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » When Everyone Wore Hats Review » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page When Everyone Wore Hats Review
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow, when you said that I went to go check out the Dogs board and no activity at all for over a week! Go figure... Confused

07-05-2002 20:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
Wow, when you said that I went to go check out the Dogs board and no activity at all for over a week! Go figure... Confused

and they were complaining about us!
Big Grin

07-06-2002 11:42 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joey T.

quote:

Big Grin

Bunch of sleeping dogs! Maybe we should go wake them up? Evil

07-06-2002 12:15 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joey T.

quote:

Big Grin

Bunch of sleeping dogs! Maybe we should go wake them up? Evil

na... we are too "cool" for them Wink

07-06-2002 13:43 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Did you see that the board has changed from ".org" to ".com?" Therefore you have to visit the right board to get the latest update of messages. Either way, there's not hottub party going on.
LK-9

07-07-2002 00:02 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
Did you see that the board has changed from ".org" to ".com?" Therefore you have to visit the right board to get the latest update of messages. Either way, there's not hottub party going on.
LK-9

I noticed that too, I hope they get it all at one place when they get back from cornerstone.

the water's there but it's cold and no bubbles....

BD

07-07-2002 00:07 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Back in the Saddle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Reminds me of a funny George Carlin line. When his mother threatened to wash his mouth out with soap.

"I'll blow bubbles out my burro"

LK9, wanna pull my finger?

(Oh my wife would be so distressed to see me write this way.)

JtT (oops, 'scuse me)

07-08-2002 13:50 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall

"I'll blow bubbles out my burro"

he's a funny guy

crude, but funny

BD

07-08-2002 17:49 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Über Parrot
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-20-2002
Location: I am Right.........all the time! Repent you lost sinners. Stop your swearing and cussing and drinking and R movies and smoking and laughing and having fun and those stoopid smiley faces

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
Reminds me of a funny George Carlin line. When his mother threatened to wash his mouth out with soap.

"I'll blow bubbles out my a**"

LK9, wanna pull my finger?

(Oh my wife would be so distressed to see me write this way.)

JtT (oops, 'scuse me)

Talk like that around here will get your potty mouth washed out with soap.

I've helped Woggy with her cursing, now I have another to work on.

Ü

07-08-2002 22:20 Über Parrot is offline Send an Email to Über Parrot Search for Posts by Über Parrot Add Über Parrot to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I only use letters found in the King James Version Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The subject of swearing is one that really challenges me. Swearing as we all know is probably not a good thing. Profanity, vulgarisms are another matter.

Many years ago, as a nod to my more literal brothers and sisters I decided as a matter of respect to only use words created from letters of the alphabet taken from the King James Version.

Use of the word burro is especially biblical. As not only does it use the letters, it actually uses the word burro as found in many places in the most correct book.

So again I say to you, go ahead, wash my mouth out with soap, and I'll blow bubbles out my burro.

JtT

07-09-2002 10:31 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

cursing dissected Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There 3 kinds of "cuss words":
Profanity- profanes the name of God- a definate no-no for Christians
Obscenity- refers to sexual intercourse
Vulgarity- refers to defication

BTW, the wrds we consider obscene or vulgar are generally words of Anglo-saxon origin. Their compliments of Latin/French exrtraction are considered OK.
Anglo Saxon--> Latin Equivalent
f***--> fornication, copulation
s***--> defication, excrement
C@rm@n--> lounge lizard
Camarilla Eddie--> Terry Taylor

We do the same things with names of animals. We consider the Anglo-saxon forms as crude forms used only to refer to the beast, not food. We use Latin forms for food

Anglo Saxon--> Latin Equivalent
pig--> pork
cow--> beef
sheep--> mutton

I choose not to use cuss words because they offend other believers, but I only feel a strong conviction about profanity because it's using God's name in vain.

07-09-2002 11:33 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew

So what in total am I waiting on...
So now what has arrived and what do I think...
When Everyone Wore Hats
It's here - it's good it's so good. I do like the redoings and it just gives a new vibe to an album that took a few spins to get to love. Disk three bugs me a bit as I like Turn this off best so far but it's hidden awaya and difficult to get to.
Little, Big
Mr Beuchners Dream t shirt
When Everyone Wore Hats t shirt
Orbis
74 minutes and 28 seconds of guitar playing genius. I love it. It's going in my mellow out and be a peace category of albums - along with Daydream and a couple classical

that funky crow thing
Woo hoo it's good Related is my fav on this disk so far. I played it to a guy at the youth group camp and he goes "This is really funky music" So he's with you Carl!

Later
I haven't listened to this as much as the crows album (BTW my mothers maiden name was Crow - so stick me in a feild with some weapons grade and I'm there baby!)
a 77s poster
Making God Smile
Paste sampler 1
Aliens and strangers - silent planet sampler
Avocado club disk 2

Of course not all have been sent (or made!) yet and most are due this week. Boy... is the trip to the youth group snow camp going to be interesting this weekend if they do get here.
What is it with 11-17 year old youth? Give them all these great funky music options (Lads, U2, DA, Zoom Daddy, 77's x 2 and Dogs [GRS1]) and what do they listen too... The Shrek soundtrack - if I hear "Like Wow" one more time I'll become an Ogre myself.

All in all it was a great camp I was on.

At one point we did an "Alt-worship" thing in which for the Sunday evening service the youth in their study groups decided on how they want to do a bit of experiencial worship - rather than just singing.
3 of the 4 decided to go outside and look at the stars.
We lay down on a clear winters night, in the mountains with no lights to over-ride the stars, no noise just God and His creation. Our group read Psalm 19 (The heavens declare...) another group sang God of Wonders (City on a Hill 1) and the third had people going off along to pray thanks.

Awesome stuff.

07-09-2002 18:47 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Woolly Eggwhisk

I'd recommend that people store the discs out of the book. I've noticed that the plastic pouch isn't all that great in terms of protection. The few times I've pull them out and put them back have left scuffs and small scratches.

Go out and by a few slim cases, and keep 'em safe.

07-10-2002 10:50 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » When Everyone Wore Hats Review

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH