Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Has Anyone Seen » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Has Anyone Seen
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
You're confused, I can get my gonch out of my crack, and now I'm finding that my alias isn't as bullet proof as it should be. Bloody hell - er heck, allow me to pretend that Stu is real. BDasso must have me confused with someone else who is tall and thinks that the big guy who plays the obnoxious fiance isn't that obnoxious.

I'm sorry Mr Pedasso, I did get you confused with the wonderful Mr Tall for a moment. I have since edited....

My younger son argrees with the tall one about the obnoxious one.

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
As to the extra vowels ... I'm honoured to think that my neighbours to the south feel they have most favoured nation status and are the true centre of the universe.

Now about Songs of the Heart. What the hell was that? Nothing at all like the Lost Dogs who I happen to like. That song Mexico was great, why can't Terry write more songs like that? HUH (is that American enough for ya?)

Yes we are the center of the universe, thank you.

SotH was by the band David Anus not the Lost Puppies so that's why it has a different sound..... come to think of it, most DA albums have a different sound from each other but that is another topic.

HUH is American enough for me.

BDasso

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by BigDork: 02-10-2004 19:32.

02-10-2004 19:16 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

oh, and I would be less confused about you and the tall one if you had a picture of you instead of him in your signature....

Stuart Pedasso

02-10-2004 19:35 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

02-10-2004 19:42 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

that's not stu, that's jed clampet. Tongue

02-10-2004 19:49 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I find many times... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...reviews of long collections of music often get a few people who can't quite get over the need to try out many different emotions. Does "Buechner" have moments of melancholy? Well, sure! Do you think "Flash In Your Eyes" should be a peppy dance number?

The truth is that the longer a release is, and the wider the thematic breadth is, the harder it becomes to pidgeonhole. So "Motorcycle" is the "most nostalgic", "Darn Floor Big Bite" is the most angular and "Bibleland" is the "angriest"... You can assign them to those discs and you're at least in the ballpark. But you have to work hard to back MBD in the corner, which is why it is my favorite.

As for the Bowie reference, I think it's mostly due to Terry's sing-speak delivery, which is odd. I would have claimed Lou Reed or Robbie Robertson more than David Bowie, but there you go. The reviewer obviously listened hard to the disc and he wrote a review that clearly defines his opinion of the disc. But I do believe that the assignment was a hard one and that may have caused the reviewer to recoil a bit.

Just an opinion.
DwD
02-10-2004 20:30 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

Interesting observation. It is a hard one to take in, and worth the effort.

Now to BDasso, where did you find that picture? That made me laugh pretty hard.

Hey, anyone else have the 7&7 is "More Miserable" disc? Now here's an interesting re-burp of a lot of songs, that Mike passed off as a solo album of sorts? If I'd not heard all of the other stuff I'd say "wow" what an album. But I can't help but feel the guy was grasping at straws.

(heh heh heh)

02-10-2004 23:41 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall

Hey, anyone else have the 7&7 is "More Miserable" disc?...
...I can't help but feel the guy was grasping at straws.

Roll Eyes

02-11-2004 07:46 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Dw Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would agree with your Lou Reed comment
or even sort of a Lenord Cohen approach on some songs
and EVERY reviewer is opinionated- we know that

I did tend to think he was a bit smattered on his thoughts, and wanted to give Terry an overall good grade- so to speak....it was interesting.

BTW- Let me say in review,.. nah, just kidding.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-11-2004 08:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Has Anyone Seen

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH