Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » For Immediate Release From A.A.R. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page For Immediate Release From A.A.R. 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 08-28-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Theo, I just saw this cd from an Andy's Angels concert on ebay and I was wondering 2 things. Is it legit and is there any way you guys can put this out for the masses? It sounds like an awesome cd but I'd rather give you guys 25 bucks for this cd than the guy on ebay.

gone, gone with God, but gone
09-07-2003 01:28 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

let me see if i can help.

1. yes, it is legit.

2. it was a limited run (50) from last year.

i'll let theo handle the rest. Smile

09-07-2003 01:57 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Theo
Thankx, Wes...I'll take it from here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not only is it legit, I'm kind of honored by the whole thing. Especially the fact that the seller took the time to pump the "cause" and make links to the Angels website. I wouldn't want to bite a feeding hand. So, I appreciate the concern. I had to think about it too. But I think it will benefit the cause in the end.

Meanwhile, the CD was part of a special run of 50. While I could print and release more, I don't wish to devalue the "specialness" of the 50 which people went out of their way to buy.

Truth is, only 49 of the 50 sold. I still have one. I just discovered it after our move. I thought I'd hang on to it for a while and see if there weren't enough demand for one that I might not get a healthy donation to the cause for it.

But, also, this next Angels Christmas Concert will be taped (even more seriously than the first) and we'll capture the Christmas Set on tape too. And in the new year, I will make 50 of those available as well.

This entire project is FAR more difficult than simply putting out a CD with Terry's (and other's) names on it. You'd be surprised how many people who knew and loved Andrew only smile "how nice" and don't purchase a CD. Blows my mind!! And then I hammer you nice folks around here until I'm sure you'll toss me out and still sales aren't what they need to be.

So, I will forever be trying this angle/angel and that to make this cause work--to God's glory, the memory of Andrew and unto a cure for CF (and in that order).

Thank you all for your continued words of support and purchases too!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Theo: 09-07-2003 09:26.

09-07-2003 09:24 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » For Immediate Release From A.A.R.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH