Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Two Alarma Tour Photos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Two Alarma Tour Photos
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We saw the Keaggy Stonehill show here in Missouri in a high school auditorium, there was almost no one there. One of the best shows I have ever been to.

Another top show of mine was the Keaggy show at Westport Playhouse. The stage is round and rotates, all the cables hang down from the top of the stage in the middle. It rotates one direction for a while and then stops and goes the other way, back and forth. Keaggy was walking around the edge of the stage at one point doing a blistering solo and his guitar cord reached it's extent and popped out of his guitar. Sudden silence. He dropped to his knees and held up the cord and stared at it as if he was rendered helpless. You had to be there but it was pretty funny.

05-02-2017 12:08 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
WoaaahJelly! WoaaahJelly! is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-650.jpg

Registration Date: 06-25-2013

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh Lord. January 2016 (a year or so ago) I tried to find that place. I scoped it out on Google Earth. I found Hudson Avenue in western Columbus and figgered I could take I-71 north and get on Hudson from there right? Well no. I-71 goes north east FOREVER and as it turns out does not intersect with Hudson Ave. I think I passed under Hudson. I was (really) about halfway to Cleveland before I could even turn the car around. I got to see a place I had never been- northeast Columbus. It's so pretty! All the lights. Polaris! Yay! Except I was semi-lost, it was 5:30 PM in Ohio (dark as pitch) and I was far from home. Add to that rush hour traffic. Somehow I stumbled across 670 then the familiar Loop (270) and found my way home. So no I didn't find the spot.

Since someone expressed interest I will take another shot at it and not be so overtly retarded this time.

05-03-2017 00:51 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
We saw the Keaggy Stonehill show here in Missouri in a high school auditorium, there was almost no one there. One of the best shows I have ever been to.

Another top show of mine was the Keaggy show at Westport Playhouse. The stage is round and rotates, all the cables hang down from the top of the stage in the middle. It rotates one direction for a while and then stops and goes the other way, back and forth. Keaggy was walking around the edge of the stage at one point doing a blistering solo and his guitar cord reached it's extent and popped out of his guitar. Sudden silence. He dropped to his knees and held up the cord and stared at it as if he was rendered helpless. You had to be there but it was pretty funny.

I can totally see that. Phil has a child-like quality to his face and I can imagine his reaction.

05-03-2017 09:59 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Woolly Eggwhisk

Promising results with Google Earth, but I'll have to drive there and take a look.

05-03-2017 10:46 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Don't let your GPS discourage you with her annoyed "recalibrating." You can do it!
05-04-2017 07:44 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

No GPS! This is odd because I am a technophile. It was wise to do the research on Google Earth first before just setting about thrashing around Columbus. I found six promising intersections and I am sure one is the One we want. I'm waiting for a good clear day for the pics. If it doesn't clear soon I'll just go find the place and get some pics. I don't have five people to pose for me; might do that in Photoshop.

05-05-2017 08:10 WoaaahJelly! is offline Send an Email to WoaaahJelly! Search for Posts by WoaaahJelly! Add WoaaahJelly! to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of WoaaahJelly!: SquidBarfer
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Recalibrating..."
07-25-2017 10:09 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Two Alarma Tour Photos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH