Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Any News On Anything New? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Any News On Anything New?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Any News On Anything New? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any projects tentatively crawling into the pipeline, like James Bond trying to sneak into Russia?
06-16-2014 19:27 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm holding my breath for an Armikrog soundtrack.

06-16-2014 21:23 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That was one of the kickstarter rewards, so not sure how that will be handled this time. Eric might know more.

06-17-2014 09:40 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Not sure on the video game soundtrack... like Jason said, it was a kickstarter reward so I'm not sure if that ties it up somehow or not yet. Other than that, the Dig Here video is getting closer.... still quite a bit to do though. There is a chance of another Deluxe reissue soon and possibly even another release along the lines of Swine Before Pearl - but that's not definite yet. Those two are the most likely to happen in the near future.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-17-2014 11:09 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

I saw Jimmy A last month. He was of the opinion that the Route 66 video may never see the light of day. Any thoughts or comments?
06-17-2014 20:35 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Administrator

I don't know. I'm not really holding my breath. We offered to rescue it a long time ago for FREE and were shot down because.. well I don't know why. I even offered to shoot some additional footage. At one point, Mike was going to send us all of the footage but that never happened. Others wanted to do it - but asked for enormous amounts of money. Which is ridiculous of course. It's a shame... it was a neat concept. Too many hands pulling in too many different directions and too many people want to make money out of it. Projects get bogged down because of all of that nonsense. That was years ago. I'm not sure where it is now.

It may still see release in some form, but who knows....

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
06-17-2014 20:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

They should at least make available a download audio version of that jingle for that restaurant with the Corn Dogs. That was good! They should also get audio for any other song experiments. Perhaps they could get some funding for it by providing things for download only.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
06-17-2014 21:37 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah I think the main problem is too many cooks in the kitchen or too many differing opinions on what to do with it or what not to do with it.. that and all the footage being in multiple places.

By the time we were given the Making of Buechners footage some of the tapes had actually been lost.

It is a shame... a lot of precious time gets lost, you can never get that back. These kinds of things really need to come out in a timely fashion, they need to be given to people that will get them done. There are always a lot of different people that offer to handle things, but in the end.. they are just good intentions. And the footage just sits somewhere.

Oh well.

06-17-2014 21:58 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by DwDunphy

Wow, that's a bad turn of events. I hope this is not an allusion to why there haven't been any other Lost Dogs projects recently either. I'd hate to think the band is sidelined because of inside tensions.
06-21-2014 10:00 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Administrator

I think Terry's health issues, family stuff, etc . have made the Dogs thing a little harder to do lately. It's not a bad thing to focus on the regular bands for a while though.... DA has a larger audience than the Dogs so it really is helpful to have some new DA.

06-21-2014 13:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Wow, that's a bad turn of events. I hope this is not an allusion to why there haven't been any other Lost Dogs projects recently either. I'd hate to think the band is sidelined because of inside tensions.

Yeah I wasn't implying its anything new. The same thing happened with the making of Buechners footage, it took forever for it to finally end up in our hands. Its not a great film, the source material was pretty rough and unorganized and shot on some pretty low end tape. But I do think we pieced together at least some footage that is enjoyable.

The making of "Dig Here" is a whole different story, this time it was well planned, shot multicamera with high definition cameras. The days were logged so we would know what footage was where. And on top of that, we have all the footage as well as multitracks of the album all in one place. Editing started on it the day after we got home. The only thing that will take time with it is deciding how to wittle all the footage down to something compact and enjoyable.

06-21-2014 19:46 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

looking forward to it!

Psalm 119:83
06-22-2014 19:54 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Administrator

Deluxe Doppelgager should be around 33 tracks total.. 18-ish bonus tracks.

07-17-2014 20:37 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Is this an announcement or have I missed something???

07-17-2014 23:47 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

It had been mentioned very briefly on the facebook page because we were looking for photos and things for the artwork. Hasn't really been a full official announcement yet... just waiting for details to be finalized.

07-17-2014 23:55 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

I don't really use Facebook very well I guess. Is there a date or anything like that available yet? 33 tracks, mostly live or demo versions i guess? Any new songs or covers or anything unusual? I'm sure its all interesting to hear. It always is.

07-18-2014 00:19 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

No, date yet but heading to the printer very soon. (Within a week or two maybe?)

Only a couple of live tracks so far.. mostly studio out-takes, alternate mixes, a couple of alternate versions of songs, etc. No demos so far... but there is a search underway. The track list won't be totally finalized until the last second just in case something really exciting is uncovered. It all sounds amazing though... a lot of fun things for folks to hear.

07-18-2014 00:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Here it is folks! What you've been waiting for! DA’s classic Doppelganger album in an expanded 2-CD Remastered Deluxe Edition!

The Stunt team has put the same care and enthusiasm into putting this project together as you've seen from the previous DA Deluxe Edition releases. Disc one of this collection presents the entire Doppelganger album, carefully and respectfully remastered by J Powell at Steinhaus. Disc two includes 17 bonus tracks, including alternate versions of album tracks that have never been heard before by the public, alternate mixes, early takes, and more! The beautiful 6-panel Digipak and 24-page booklet presents all of the original LP artwork, along with never-before-seen photos, DA memorabilia, complete credits and lyrics and the entire text of the Alarma! Chronicles Volume II.

Order now at www.DanielAmos.com !

...and, don't forget! Our friend Riki Michele Bunch Palmer only has 33 hours left on her Kickstarter project! Please do consider supporting our dear friend! http://kck.st/VDcSxA

09-18-2014 15:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

Got it! Love it! And kickstarted Riki Michele too!

Up next? VOX HUMANA? FEARFUL SYMMETRY?

must... consume...
09-24-2014 08:46 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Somehow, I missed that the most important musical piece of my youth was finally out now. Ordered!
10-09-2014 15:31 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Any News On Anything New?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH