Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Keeping it fresh » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Keeping it fresh
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Keeping it fresh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen news or changes to the DA news or other pages for some time. Any chance we can update more frequently, and maybe have a page for what's potentially in the works? I know you've been burned before with the preorder stuff, but what happens with infrequent updates is an eventual loss of interest and lower site traffic.

I haven't posted much recently because there's very little to post about, to be frank, and nothing to get me excited in anticipation.

Thoughts?

01-12-2012 12:45 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by John Foxe
A little pile-on Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got a notice of a new recording and tour for the Choir in April 2012. The Choir is doing pretty well as far as output and activity.

I'd like to see Terry and/or DA get back into the productive phase - it has been quite a while...

01-12-2012 21:15 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We're sort of in the in-between-time for DA related news.... we're waiting on several things with no clear time frame so its hard to announce anything officially. And like you say, we do get burned if we jump the gun too much - no matter how well intentioned, or even accidental it might be.

- We're still desparately trying to get some of the important tour footage for a possible DVD. Its all up in the air... waiting on other people.
- We're also waiting on the Neverhood thing to be finished... Terry was back in the studio doing something for it not long ago. Doug's artwork kept growing last I heard and the whole project keeps getting bigger. It'll be really special and cool once its done, but I have no idea when that'll be just yet.
- News on a new DA record, a live disc, more touring or anything like that is also all up in the air and waiting on various things. There could be something to announce tomorrow or it could be a month away. I have no idea.

I would love to have more news more often.. the way things tend to fall together, it makes it very tough. Sometimes its like a hurricane of news.. other times its like watching paint dry.

During the DA-downtime, Mike's and the Dogs websites are finally being totally revamped. Those have been tied up for a while with those old original designs but we finally got the green light to blow them apart and do something different. Mike's new site launched on January 1st and he'll have some cool news soon. The new Dogs site will probably launch this weekend. (I think Mike wants to do a new 77s site also eventually, but its less urgent.)

The plan is when Mike's and the Dogs sites are done, we'll revamp the DA site with a new look and -hopefully- some kind of news about one or all of those projects.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-12-2012 21:52 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
The new Dogs site will probably launch this weekend.

A few more days.. getting close though.

Sidetracked by taxes.... Crying

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-15-2012 23:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Keeping it fresh

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH