Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mr. Amos & the "to do" list » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mr. Amos & the "to do" list
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah the manufacturing usually only takes a couple weeks. Plus its not the major part of the cost involved. I mean, the money needs to generated prior to and possibly durring the writing, recording and mastering. Thats the part where Terry needs plane tickets, other band members may need plane tickets, people need to be paid, studio time booked, etc. The manufacturing is probably the cheapest part of the whole thing and the part that takes the least amount of time, unless there is a printing problem.

Thats why it would be hard to take preorders right before manufacturing.

10-16-2009 14:21 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
midfielddynamite midfielddynamite is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 09-25-2004

Pre-orders Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would definitely buy any items that were put out to support new releases and also be happy to buy the album itself when available.

Also can't resist asking whether it ever likely that Terry might make it back over to the UK for a performance anytime? I reckon it must be 1985 that DA were last here - playing at Greenbelt Festival - I was 13 at the time and still have my Vox Humana t shirts and signed copy of the album (on vinyl of course) - although Terry wasn't at the signing so his sig missing ! Would really love to see Terry again over here.
10-16-2009 16:22 midfielddynamite is offline Send an Email to midfielddynamite Search for Posts by midfielddynamite Add midfielddynamite to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What about a mid point dvd, "making of" type thing, as a teaser along the way, to those who don't pre-order, but pre-support... or whatever it will be called.

10-16-2009 16:23 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Something like that is always a possibility (and it would be very cool to do), but we would hate to promise that at the beginning and then count on someone filming the sessions. No one would intentionally forget or anything, but if things didn't work out it'd be a mess.

re: Terry UK performance... I think Terry's generally open to playing pretty much anywhere if a promoter can make it happen.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-17-2009 00:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

speaking of Mr Amos' schedule and all that... is Terry still working on Catscratch? Is it still in production?

10-17-2009 06:55 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Catscratch went into limbo.... as I understand it, it was never cancelled like many of the other shows that started around the same time had been. They just didn't order more shows. I'm guessing that means they wanted to keep the option open but weren't ready to commit to it or something like that.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-17-2009 10:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I'm guessing that means they wanted to keep the option open but weren't ready to commit to it or something like that.

I've had relationships like that...
10-17-2009 10:43 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mr. Amos & the "to do" list

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH