Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Would CDs on demand ever be considered? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Would CDs on demand ever be considered?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
it's not my store

I thank God for that.
06-05-2009 18:30 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We don't want to take advantage of DA fans. We want to make the material available to the fans at a reasonable price, as opposed to them having to buy from RadRockers or some other outlet that does 'take advantage' of the fans that missed out for whatever reason.

Simply put our goal is different than the opportunist that just wants to make a lot of money off of people. Our goal is to help Terry keep making music, and help the fans by giving them a place to get it reasonably.

This is the reason we work at getting stuff back in print, its the reason we cringe when we see someone pay $120 on ebay for a Darn Floor CD, knowing that had they just waited a bit, they could get it for $15.

The fans shouldn't be paying through the nose for this stuff. And, my brother and I, and I know Terry has no intention of doing that to the fans that have been so supportive over the years.

Sure, we could charge $100 for the last few remaining copies of any certain title, knowing that the people that pay that much would essentially be 'taken advantage of' since we would know that before long the title will be back to $15 once its reprinted, but we couldn't do that to people and keep our conscience clean.

06-07-2009 20:10 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
it's not my store

I thank God for that.

LOL! Big Grin Smile

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-08-2009 11:43 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (8): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Would CDs on demand ever be considered?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH