Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 16 17 [18] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jparker jparker is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 04-23-2003

Robert Vaughn Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What's wrong with Robert Vaughn?
02-24-2008 22:20 jparker is offline Send an Email to jparker Search for Posts by jparker Add jparker to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of jparker: jeff_parker@mac.com
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
but the circus will show up at his funeral????

well.......if you remember the funeral in big fish, the circus did show up...
but the giant was 7 ft. tall, not 12... there were twins from korea, but not siamese twins........and danny devito... you've gotta have devito..... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Larry is having his funeral broadcast on the internet.

02-25-2008 06:03 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Curly Curly is a male
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Our friend and my wonderful brother Larry passed away at 2:45 Sunday morning.

Larry is no longer with us. He is as he said "In another land"
My prayers go out to his family at this time.

02-25-2008 06:45 Curly is offline Search for Posts by Curly Add Curly to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Happy to be old... My generation's music was played by actual musicians and the lyrics have intellect and humor and a great view on life.

Looking forward to HDs extra tracks.
03-02-2008 10:07 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

Can someone summarize? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi!

I'm a longtime DA fan, but new to this forum. Can someone give a quick summary of the status of the Ultimate Horrendous Disc (sorry, it's just that this thread is sixty-some pages long and it's a lot to scan through for the news!) Smile

Thanks!

Ian
03-09-2008 15:30 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Larry's death came in the middle of ironing out some details that would have got the ball rolling finally.

We're hoping that we can still work something out with Kristin and Charles at Solid Rock so that the Deluxe HD can still happen. Larry said he wanted to see it happen... so hopefully, they'll be willing to work out some sort of arrangement with us.

If not..... we will finish Stunt's half and release it by itself. Theres still a lot of material from the time period that has nothing to do with SR.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
03-09-2008 15:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
RoxxRegime
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2008

cool! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That sounds good... I hope it works out with Solid Rock, though!

On a related note, does anyone know what's going to happen with Solid Rock?
03-09-2008 15:49 RoxxRegime is offline Search for Posts by RoxxRegime Add RoxxRegime to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

The Larry Norman site has been rearranged. It looks to me they intend to clean up his catalog. That's my hope anyway. They've separated the core albums from the rest in the store. That's a good start.

03-29-2008 10:57 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Batesy Batesy is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

images/avatars/avatar-428.gif

Registration Date: 04-06-2007

Bumping the thread. Any word on HD?

05-17-2008 15:30 Batesy is offline Send an Email to Batesy Search for Posts by Batesy Add Batesy to your Buddy List
haveapez haveapez is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 09-02-2008

I'm also curious about this as well.
07-30-2009 16:05 haveapez is offline Search for Posts by haveapez Add haveapez to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for haveapez
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

At a recent Mike Roe show, Mike inferred that Solid Rock was trying to move to get Steve Scott's Moving Pictures album finally released (it's only been a few decades now...) I hope people won't take this the wrong way, as it's not meant to offend, but the biggest impediment to Larry Norman's business might as well have been Larry himself.

There is a high probability that Solid Rock, as a release entity, will be much more efficient now, meaning possible good news for that Ultimate HD set.
07-30-2009 16:14 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Solid Rock's Solid Run Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It is amazing the quality of albums that were released by Solid Rock.

It would be cool if they took this time to put together deluxe albums of all of the critical albums of its heyday.

Horrendous Disk does deserve great treatment. The music is still great to listen to after all of these years.

Mark Heard is also an artist that should have his music preserved for the ages. It still bums me out that he passed away at such an early age. His music continually improved.
07-30-2009 23:25 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We've been kind of holding back saying too much about this since Larry's death. Larry was really the only one at Solid Rock that we knew very well, so now that he's gone everything becomes a little more sensitive in some ways.

There is still a chance that it will happen one way or another.... in a couple of ways, we're actually closer than ever before.

The time frame that was being set up with Larry is completely out the window though...

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-31-2009 13:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
At a recent Mike Roe show, Mike inferred that Solid Rock was trying to move to get Steve Scott's Moving Pictures album finally released (it's only been a few decades now...)

I think he said the same thing when I saw him in Ames, Iowa last year.

08-04-2009 19:35 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

I think Arena Rock is going to release it....or some kind of Steve Scott anthology, or something like that.
08-05-2009 05:06 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
At a recent Mike Roe show, Mike inferred that Solid Rock was trying to move to get Steve Scott's Moving Pictures album finally released (it's only been a few decades now...)

I think he said the same thing when I saw him in Stillwater, Minnesota. last week.

08-05-2009 07:32 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

I think he said the same thing when I saw him in Stillwater, Minnesota. last week.

He did.
He said it last year too.

08-05-2009 22:48 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Before Larry's death he was transfering a lot of old tapes to digital and getting them mastered with the intention of getting a lot of stuff that hasn't been out.. out. Some through Arena Rock and some through his own labels, his death I am sure slowed things down, but I think that comment at his funeral is an indication that he wanted the plans to continue after he was gone.

08-05-2009 23:37 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

That would be nice.

08-06-2009 22:25 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Myron

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Before Larry's death he was transfering a lot of old tapes to digital and getting them mastered with the intention of getting a lot of stuff that hasn't been out.. out. Some through Arena Rock and some through his own labels, his death I am sure slowed things down, but I think that comment at his funeral is an indication that he wanted the plans to continue after he was gone.

Yes, I attended the funeral and someone (I think it was Charles) said that in Larry's final days he was giving instructions for future releases, and specifically mentioned the royalty rate Steve Scott was to get for "Moving Pictures" when it was released.
08-07-2009 00:54 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 16 17 [18] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH