Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just Wondering....... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Just Wondering.......
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Just Wondering....... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This may have been brought up before, however, I was listening to Doppelgamger the other day
(Hey, you gotta dig this stuff out once in a while), and in listening to the bonus tracks I got to thinking, here we have the concert intro and two songs (obviously a board recording) that sound amazing......so what happened to the rest of the concert? Kinda like the Bootleg cd, that had a bunch of songs left off. It's like getting your favorite ice cream, eating it and then found out that there was hot fudge that you could've had too. These are the kind of things that I would buy in a heartbeat, and I'd be willing to bet I'm not the only one. I would also bet (to save you all some loot) that most of us don't really need fancy artwork to go a long with it. Am I on something or am I onto something?

Commander Cote
01-20-2007 07:43 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Not sure about that specific show. I do know there are a lot of considerations when putting a live show out for real. Terry may not like the performance of some songs, they may have done covers that have to be removed or licensed, if its video they may not like the look. Usually Terry likes to have the talking parts cut, I think mainly because they become tiresome if you hear it over and over. Its that whole notion that this thing represents the band and will always be there to represent the band.

We do believe there could be some minor releases in plain label that put out shows and things that otherwise wouldn't be out. Everytime we work towards a project like that it morphs into a full blown regular release. For good or bad. And I do think there are the fans who never get to see or hear them live to consider.

That specific show we can ask about, it is possible that only a couple songs were recorded. We've seen video the band has done, and reel to reel tapes with one song, two songs or three songs on them. In fact there are a bunch of reels each with three or four songs, that we have considered combining for a release. They are Shotgun Angel/Horrendous Disc songs soundboard. I think they were a series of tapes made to pick songs for radio broadcasts.

The DVD we are finishing up has a cornerstone rehearsal clip from 87, along with performance of one song, plus a couple travel segments and a couple surprises. But we made the comment, why didnt they record the whole concert?

01-20-2007 10:11 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! Wonder No MoRe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Commander Cote
Am I on something or am I onto something?

YeS!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Lur King: 01-25-2007 11:20.

01-25-2007 11:18 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Commander Cote
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by Commander Cote
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey LurKing
Do you hear crickets? (Not JiMiNy either) I mean the kind that you hear when a place is so quiet
and that's all you can hear...Hmmm, I think I just seen a tumbleweed roll by.
Terry! Tim! Ed! Greg! Is there anybody here!
01-28-2007 07:44 Commander Cote is offline Send an Email to Commander Cote Search for Posts by Commander Cote Add Commander Cote to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Quality over quantity. Big Grin

Although there was over 20 people here just a little while ago. Depends on what time you get on I guess.

Actually, We might try and get the Eddies to drop by to talk about the new album once the recording process has started... stay tuned.

We talked to Terry on the phone for an hour or so the other day about Camarillo's plans for the Eddies project. He was trying to work out a few things, might give him a call and get an update. He also had some ideas for special packaging he wanted us to look into. Cool

01-28-2007 09:22 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Josh&etc Josh&etc is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-401.gif

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Quality over quantity. Big Grin

Berger=quality Shocked Big Grin Tongue

01-28-2007 13:04 Josh&etc is offline Search for Posts by Josh&etc Add Josh&etc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Just Wondering.......

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH