Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Floor Big Curiosity » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Darn Floor Big Curiosity
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Safety Net is not there Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Somebody want to add Safety Net to the Wiki page?

06-19-2009 10:53 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Done.

06-19-2009 11:50 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

RE: new old news Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Originally posted by sondance
what kind of twisted mentality can hang on to that with flubless success?

Bah! Kid stuff for yer Livgrens and yer Zappas...

what i said

and let's not forget sting - he is also phenomenalistic

the beatles were interesting in changing times measure to measure... "uhm, look, Ringo, just count 15 through the chorus and we'll smack the down beats OK?" that's not fair, just cuz he's got a big nose... stones surprised me - they didn't make the list (no surprise) but are mentioned in the foot notes (surprise).

it's easier to appreciate what complex rhythms bring to the table if you don't dance.. safer too.

so back to the two 7/8s - i think mr. flesch alters the accents slightly in the second set, is that right?

Psalm 119:83

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by sondance: 06-20-2009 12:46.

06-20-2009 12:45 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

RE: new old news Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sondance
so back to the two 7/8s - i think mr. flesch alters the accents slightly in the second set, is that right?

I recall it as being pretty consistent (guitar accents capitalized, downbeats bolded):

E e e D d A a / E e e D d A a

all the way through the verses.
06-20-2009 13:41 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Done.

It seems to have been removed. Being unfamiliar with how to navigate such things, I can't find the page that shows changes to see what happened.

Edit: Found it: "(revert unsourced addition (another Wikipedia article cannot be regarded as a reliable source)) ". It looks like Jerome Kohl is sitting on that article pretty heavily, as he deleted it after less than 6 hours. It seems one would need to either look at and cite the printed music itself or cite a work acceptable to a professional musicologist.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Jimmy Brown: 06-22-2009 11:52.

06-22-2009 11:41 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Wow. When I posted it Wikipedia said that even original work (figuring it out myself) was a good enough source to cite. In any event, saying that it was in the liner notes of the album appearently isn't proof enough.

Frown

06-23-2009 09:19 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 3 4 [5] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Darn Floor Big Curiosity

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH