Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs New Orleans » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs New Orleans
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It just dawned on me. Derri cut his hair Shocked Well, it's still shoulder length, but finally my hair is longer than his. Tongue

btw, great pics, mike ~ especially the first set. Pleased Those dark ones are a little harder to see, but I'll take dogs pictures anyway I can get em. Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-05-2006 11:07 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-15-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by mike
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think the picture of Eddie is the only one i have where he actually looks happy.

I tried to lighten up the pics but it just made them look funny.

m

07-05-2006 11:12 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Yeah, you captured a good one of eddie. I've tried to lighten pics before, but I just don't have the knack like BD. Mine never turn out well. Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-05-2006 11:13 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by mike
I think the picture of Eddie is the only one i have where he actually looks happy.

I tried to lighten up the pics but it just made them look funny.

m

I thought eddie looks a lot better in these pics than in ones I have seen before. Good to see a smile on his face! Big Grin

Thanks for the review eddie and pics mike!

Looks like a great little place and it sounds like the show was ultimately a great success.

I can't resist asking in general terms as a past show promoter (and hopefully someday again in the future Frown ), how did it do financially?

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-05-2006 12:34 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

MF,

What happened was i fronted the money and then sold sponsorship packages
with the radio station for the show, i wanted to keep it free.
If I would have had more time I would have gotton more sponsorship
but we only had about 3 weeks to get it all together.

I think I recouped all of it but 150 of my own money but I would have
paid that much to go somewhere to see them so it is no big deal it was
worth it.

m

07-05-2006 14:41 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

It's cool you've got the connections to pull off the sponsorships.

Still being newer in town and with small kids, there was no way we could pull it off this year. Maybe next time. Crying

Got a few miles left ...

07-05-2006 15:15 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

I wanted to keep it free so they would get some new fans that already show
up at the coffeehouse.

They sold some CDs to people who never heard of them before.

m

07-05-2006 15:36 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by mike
I wanted to keep it free so they would get some new fans that already show
up at the coffeehouse.

They sold some CDs to people who never heard of them before.

m

Cool, that was our feeling too. I think they made a few new fans at the show we promoted too.

Our church paid the hotel bill and donations at the door covered food and venue rental, but we still wound up paying most of their fee, which we were OK with going into it and I still feel was what we should have done. We just can't do that every time.

I understand that it is often not feasible to book dates 3 months in advance or whatever, but I believe that is what is a recommended timeframe for beginning a successful promotion for a show. I hope we can make some local contacts and find kindred spirits to cosponser a show in our area next time.

Got a few miles left ...

07-06-2006 10:49 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs New Orleans

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH