Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Grief » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Grief
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Grief Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey folks,

Long time no post.

I'm just here to share that my cousin, Andy, lost his battle with heroine addiction yesterday, and went to walk beyond the stars in the arms the beautiful One. He would be 27 on Valentines Day.

Over the years, I've absorbed this music we all love. The comfort heard in this sad sweet music has had an incredible impact on me and my family. Even today, in the depths, I'm drawn to it's message of beautiful hope in sorrow. I praise God for His word. I thank Him for Terry's perspective.

In the wood between the worlds,

Fred

August 2005
02-10-2005 11:38 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sorry to hear about the loss. I also find great comfort in Terry's music. Peace, comfort and blessings to you and yours during this time.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
02-10-2005 12:20 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Crying Thank you for sharing. Terry's music has helped get me through some very tough times.

02-10-2005 12:39 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

My prayers are with you and your family.

I am thankful that Terry and the guys have expressed that
same sentiment that so many of us have also had to share.
It is comforting to know that we don't go through these
things alone.

02-10-2005 12:42 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
ibdanmac
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 01-24-2005

About your loss Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Zip,

I'm sorry to hear about your great loss. I recently had a relative succumb to the same drug, although I wasn't close to him. Just after he was released from prison, he od'd.

We just joined a small group at our church, and two of the four couples are recovering addicts. It just does my heart good to see how God has put them back on the right path.

Some of us choose to climb especially broken ladders on our way to glory but we still get there, nevertheless.

Dan
02-10-2005 12:50 ibdanmac is offline Send an Email to ibdanmac Search for Posts by ibdanmac Add ibdanmac to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Good stuff Cool

02-10-2005 13:04 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i'm sorry to hear that Zippy.

Terry's music has helped me immensely in moments of loss, as well as other difficulties.

Peace to you.

02-10-2005 14:17 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

comfort and prayers toward you Fred

There has been alot of sorrow here on the board lately

DAmb this side...

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-10-2005 14:40 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Oh, wow.............that is very sad.

Having a daughter that just turned 27, I cannot imagine how hard that must be to lose a child at this beginning stage of life.

May you and your family find peace during this incredibly difficult time.

Polly

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

02-10-2005 15:19 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

prayers. Crying

02-10-2005 16:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

fred,

you (and your family) are in our prayers. if you need anything give me a call (or email).

02-11-2005 00:33 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

zippy, i'm sure sorry. that's truly very sad. i'll be praying along with everyone else.

God bless you,

tim
02-11-2005 13:33 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Zippidy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My heart goes out to you, brother.
Just as you've poured out to others with Jesus' love,
I pray it be poured back out to you now, even more.
theo
02-11-2005 14:25 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Grief

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH