Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA bus » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA bus
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
terry has talked about putting a book together of some of the stories. i wouldn't be surprised if he does that eventually.

That would be fun! Pleased

01-28-2005 17:16 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He mentioned working on a book around the beginning
of the last year, we helped him get a laptop so he could
work on it in his free time. So I know he was working on one.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-28-2005 17:27 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue

01-28-2005 17:28 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Vaughn
Wow, Tim Chandler as I live and breathe!

That's a funny story ... and wellm funny. Did you guys paint the bus up with all sorts of pretty geometric designs and stuff?

Speaking of which, have you guys ever considered doing an album of one hit wonders pop bubble gum covers.

Sugar Sugar - The Archies
I Think I Love You - The Partridge Family
Wild Thing - The Troggs
Maniac - Michael Sambello
I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
Like a Virgin - Madonna
Lilli Lou - TST

Roll Eyes
01-28-2005 19:14 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
HEMISPHERICALHEADS HEMISPHERICALHEADS is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-07-2003

I think we need to find that bus and I'll lead the restoration to get it appearing as it did back in the day...

If we put it on Ebay I'll bet some DA freaks would send that bid pretty high... Big Grin

"Wow man , the tour bus for the Vox tour...!"
01-28-2005 19:31 HEMISPHERICALHEADS is offline Send an Email to HEMISPHERICALHEADS Homepage of HEMISPHERICALHEADS Search for Posts by HEMISPHERICALHEADS Add HEMISPHERICALHEADS to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Roll Eyes

we would not even have to fix it up... Tongue

01-28-2005 20:06 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Howdy! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mr. C., it's very cool to see you pop on from time to time.

What a great story.

I wonder - did you guys stop at Wheaton College by any chance on that trip? I saw the band for the first time there in the Fall of '84. The set was mostly Doppelganger and Alarma, plus three from Vox Humana. As I remember, Dance Stop almost cost DA the paycheck that night - that infamous pledge we had to sign, and you guys had us all up dancing (wicked sinners we were.)

My girlfriend (now wife) Jean found 100 reasons to hate that concert. It took another 16 years before she changed her mind. Cornerstone was the turning point. I insisted she go, and she had to admit that DA's concerts were a lot of fun. She was also impressed that you guys are all good family men, and that overall in spite of the weirdness at times (no offense intended) you're all talented, multifaceted musicians.

Anyway, we hope to see you the next time we hit Cornerstone. I'm just not sure I want to afford it given where JJT says it's going, i.e. the younger demographic. Oo, I keep stepping in it, sorry...

Shocked

01-29-2005 14:31 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

cool bus story Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool bus story, Tim! I think I remember hearing or reading that bus story before, maybe in The Choir box set or something?

One of my bus stories is I was on a field trip in school, I think about 6th grade, as part of a "smart" kids field trip. We stopped at a farmers market and I bought a small bag of cherries, some of which were a little overripe. I then got the idea to throw them out the window at vehicles. It was great fun, especially hitting the semi trucks because they were taller and about the same height as the bus. Then I hit a car and the guy got so mad he made the activity bus pull over. I remember he got up in the front of the bus and was pointing and angry. I don't think I even said anything. It was fairly quiet for a few minutes after he got off the bus. Nothing else was ever said by the teacher driving the bus (who had a rep for discipline and not taking any crap) or by my parents; I don't even know if they found out. Guess they thought I learned my lesson. I think I told that one maybe in off topic a while back.

Then there was the time in about 10th grade wheen the school bus, which was being driven by a student driver, got too close to the shoulder while doing a 3-point turn and the back slid off in a creek. After standing around a while talking, a few of us decided that this was a good excuse to take the day off from school, so we walked home maybe a mile and a half or so, rather than continue waiting for a replacement bus to take us to school. No problems and nothing ever said about it, so it was an excused absence.

Then there was the time in Scouts, maybe 8th or 9th grade where we went nighttime skiing. We were headed back home on dark backroads around probably 1 or 2 AM or something. I had to pee and someone dared me to do it out the window, so that was all it took. We got back to the church where the troop was chartered and there was this big long sticky streak down the side of the van. Fortunately it rained the next day and washed it off before folks showed up for church Sunday and saw it.

Then there was another time in Scouts coming back from a camping trip. I was riding in a van and some other guys were in one of the leaders pickup trucks in front of us. Some of them were even riding in the bed under the camper cover. The drivers' wheel came off, fortunately in a straight section of road, and went rolling up the bank into the woods. When the truck finally stopped, the brake backing plate was ground down to the rotor. The rotor was in good enough shape that after a search of the woods yielded the wheel, it was put back on with a lug nut from each wheel and we continued on home.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mountain Fan: 01-31-2005 09:39.

01-31-2005 09:35 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

hi, John -- yes we did play at Wheaton on that trip. i believe our road manager threatened to park the bus inside the gym and leave it there if they didn't pay us.
01-31-2005 09:45 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by tchandler

hi, MF!
01-31-2005 09:48 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
hi, MF!

hi, tim!

That would have been great, putting the bus in the gym! Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
01-31-2005 09:56 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

RE: cool bus story Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
One of my bus stories is I was on a field trip in school, I think about 6th grade, as part of a "smart" kids field trip. We stopped at a farmers market and I bought a small bag of cherries, some of which were a little overripe. I then got the idea to throw them out the window at vehicles. It was great fun, especially hitting the semi trucks because they were taller and about the same height as the bus. Then I hit a car and the guy got so mad he made the activity bus pull over. I remember he got up in the front of the bus and was pointing and sardonic. I don't think I even said anything. It was fairly quiet for a few minutes after he got off the bus. Nothing else was ever said by the teacher driving the bus (who had a rep for discipline and not taking any crap) or by my parents; I don't even know if they found out. Guess they thought I learned my lesson. I think I told that one maybe in off topic a while back.

Although I've heard this story before, I find it funny every time MF tells it. Especially the line that this was a part of the "smart" kids field trip! Big Grin

quote:
Then there was the time in Scouts, maybe 8th or 9th grade where we went nighttime skiing. We were headed back home on dark backroads around probably 1 or 2 AM or something. I had to pee and someone dared me to do it out the window, so that was all it took. We got back to the church where the troop was chartered and there was this big long sticky streak down the side of the van. Fortunately it rained the next day and washed it off before folks showed up for church Sunday and saw it.

In 12 years of marriage, I've never heard this story! Shocked Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
01-31-2005 21:18 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA bus

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH