Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Whats your favorite DA concert experience? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Whats your favorite DA concert experience? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
Sidebar:
I think that was the same year Charlie Peacock played two shows (one on the mainstage, and one on the late-night stage with Vector), and kicked off his late set with a groovy rendition of Talking Heads' "Cities" in homage to his soon-coming transition from Sacramento to Gnash-ville.

Sidebar to your side bar:
Charlie Peacock played three shows in '88 incl. an impromptu Acoustic Trio
in a little room with about 100 people Cool it was CooL

Return to main thread:

Yup I remember - We've Got To Get Out Of This Place from '88

I may have actually left part of this show to catch a few Bride songs on another stage... Shocked what was I thinking...

oh, well that's the best & worst thing about Cornerstone.
sometimes two of my Favorite bands are playing at the same time.

some years the Lost Dogs play the same time as Over the Rhine Mad
while a hardcore band on a stage near the two is screaming incoherently...
& P.O.D. or Switchfoot is just closing the mainstage.

02-19-2008 14:47 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lur King
quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
Sidebar:
I think that was the same year Charlie Peacock played two shows (one on the mainstage, and one on the late-night stage with Vector), and kicked off his late set with a groovy rendition of Talking Heads' "Cities" in homage to his soon-coming transition from Sacramento to Gnash-ville.

Sidebar to your side bar:
Charlie Peacock played three shows in '88 incl. an impromptu Acoustic Trio
in a little room with about 100 people Cool it was CooL

It just occurred to me...

all that happened very nearly 20 years ago!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Man, I'm depressed...
02-19-2008 17:01 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

Fearful Symmetry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Fearful Symmetry just came out and DA was the headliner with Servant opening out in Riverside.

Fave Swirling Eddie concert: Biola opening for Randy Stonehill. It should have been the other way around. My girlfriend set up the concert and got in trouble because the boys came out in drag.

Ha. I then married her and never went back to Biola and will buy DA/SE/LD/TST cds till the day I am shedding the mortal coil.
02-19-2008 20:24 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I've never seen a DA concert (I really hope to get a chance before they hang up their hats!), but I did see Terry Taylor live in Chandler, AZ with Phil Madeira. It was the Pretend I'm Elvis tour. I'd been listening to DA for only a year, and had just purchased Terry's Avacado Faultline CD, when I saw he was performing the next day (I think). I convinced my wife (we were just married and she didn't really understand this "new" music I was listening to) to go and we had a blast! The concert, which was in a hotel, was free (I would have paid), there was free food and drinks, only about 50 people, and a real pesonal feeling about it. We sat on the front row. Terry and Phil were SO funny. The music was great. We talked to Terry after the show--about his Bakersfield and Lake Isabella ties (which is where my wife is from)--about the new Mr. Buechner's Dream album (which I'd just purchased and he autographed), and other small talk.
My wife has liked (not how I like, but in her own way) Terry's music ever since.
It was the best concert I've ever been to.

07-05-2008 02:35 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I do have to say, and Berger will back me up on this,
anyone who witnessed the Swirling Eddies at Lifest
witnessed a truly strange event.

That rodeo mud hole pit they played in was strangely fitting
I guess... like they wanted to seperate them from the rest
of the pop fest. It was like this strange red mud spot about
100 feet wide in the middle of all the nice green grass of the
rest of the fest, and the small Eddies stage was in the middle
of one end of that....actually the red hole, as we termed it
had a fence around too I believe.

Camarillo, Berger & Arthur with Mike "Spot" Roe,
Steve "Speckled Bird" Hindalong & Mike "Gut Boy" Stand

The Eddies were in very rare form that night, the songs were
sort of strange long jams with he vocals similar to the originals.

Driving In England
Let's Spin
Hell Oh
Tiny Town
Attack Of The Pulpit Masters
Strange Days
Billy Graham
Potential
Arthur Fhardy's Yodeling Party
Don't Hate Yourself
The Happy Wanderer

We need to edit the tapes together, and yes Berger we didn't
burn them..... heh... Cool

Great show! Pleased
I can't wait til that one is done!Smile )

This was a great concert! Cool

07-05-2008 06:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
I've never seen a DA concert (I really hope to get a chance before they hang up their hats!), but I did see Terry Taylor live in Chandler, AZ with Phil Madeira. It was the Pretend I'm Elvis tour. I'd been listening to DA for only a year, and had just purchased Terry's Avacado Faultline CD, when I saw he was performing the next day (I think). I convinced my wife (we were just married and she didn't really understand this "new" music I was listening to) to go and we had a blast! The concert, which was in a hotel, was free (I would have paid), there was free food and drinks, only about 50 people, and a real pesonal feeling about it. We sat on the front row. Terry and Phil were SO funny. The music was great. We talked to Terry after the show--about his Bakersfield and Lake Isabella ties (which is where my wife is from)--about the new Mr. Buechner's Dream album (which I'd just purchased and he autographed), and other small talk.
My wife has liked (not how I like, but in her own way) Terry's music ever since.
It was the best concert I've ever been to.

The first time I ever saw Terry was on the Pretend I'm Elvis tour with Phil Madeira. In St Paul, MN (really Falcon Heights) at a venue that went out of business a long time ago. It was a chruch coffee shop. Then is become three or four various other coffee shops, including one that showed old cool films, before the entire strip mall and bowling alley was knocked down to build apartments or some such thing.

07-05-2008 06:30 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (6): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Whats your favorite DA concert experience?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH