Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » ebay Alert! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page ebay Alert!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Gabriel Syme
It was a flash of inspiration. In brief, it opened me to the possiblity that life in Christ could encompass things which were completely beyond my experience until then, because I'd never heard anything remotely like the music or the words. It lead me to the truth of Scripture that my life is hidden with Christ even now, something I'm still teasing out. I saw that life in Christ was more than a series of altar calls separated by fequent checks of my spiritual temperature. It could, no... it should touch every aspect of human experience. It encouraged me to pursue truth rather than pleasurable spiritual experiences so that over the years my relationship with God has become more real. It hasn't always been onward & upward of course, but listening repeatedly to that cassette over 20 years ago provided the flash that started a lot of it.

Further it awakened a desire to create music of my own as a way to share with others. That has proven to be an encumberance I have had to lay aside, or at least my idea of how it would work, to run the race set before me, & that hurt a lot. But again, God used it to change my life in that way as well.

[Edited 3 late-night typos.]

It's a pretty amazing record!
I feel the same way about DFBB! Pleased

07-22-2004 07:49 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dennis,
That was of course AFTER you were
"radically saved"
by Carmens record, right?

Just wanted to clarify that.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 07-22-2004 08:06.

07-22-2004 08:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
Dennis,
That was of course AFTER you were
"radically saved"
byCarmen, right?

Just wanted to clarify that.

Tongue Roll Eyes

07-22-2004 08:06 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » ebay Alert!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH