Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mutt Has Arrived In Missouri!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mutt Has Arrived In Missouri!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah we are ALWAYS looking for ways to ship things
better. We have made a lot of improvements over the
last few years to make sure 'our end' is covered.

But you still run into those unexplainable delays for
some things. The Buechners preorders were prime example,
we purposely shipped them all in a very short time..
like a day or two to make sure everyone got them close together.
Because with it the surprise was part of the coolness,
we wanted everyone to get them close together to keep
the surprise. And some people got them in like 2 days and
others it was like 3 weeks. And distance didn't seem to make
any difference. Like it's more dependant upon certain regional
post offices. Some are faster than others. That was back
when we were using a company for all of our shipping, but
something like that can happen without warning.

And international.....one word, customs.

The balance is.. do we go to a more expensive service
like FedEx for all international and charge everyone like $20
to $30 for shipping or...?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-16-2004 14:22 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mutt arrived!

On Friday my autogrpahed copy of Mutt arrived from the webstore. It was sent on or around the 12th of July.

Today my copy from Lo-fidelity arrived. Jeffrey did everything right it was addressed just the same as the Audioris but for some reason lo-fidelity went via Bangkok Thailand!!

Maybe the people in the Customs mailroom read the customs sticker and said this is a CD package but the next person thought he said seedy package and sent it to Bangkok. Big Grin

I"ve listened to it a few times and I do like it.

07-25-2004 23:06 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Now this is seedy!

Oven Mitt (from Arby's) slick cousin!

Big Grin

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-25-2004 23:12 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
Mutt arrived!

On Friday my autogrpahed copy of Mutt arrived from the webstore. It was sent on or around the 12th of July.

Today my copy from Lo-fidelity arrived. Jeffrey did everything right it was addressed just the same as the Audioris but for some reason lo-fidelity went via Bangkok Thailand!!

The international mail system is a huge mystery. It's the 8th
wonder of the world I think....wonder if they will ever arrive....

We have run into an issue though with the CDs we sent to the
Dogs in Canada for the tour....UPS said customs held them for a
couple days, which ruined the whole idea of overnighting them...
but customs held them because they were CDs accourding to
UPS. I think part of the problem is their crackdown on bootleg
CDs through international channels. They probably don't know what
these CDs are.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-25-2004 23:25 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

I've had a great run with ordering stuff fromaround the world. Apart from a delayed package from Paste last year nothing has gone wrong. This year I've had four packages have problems. 1 turned up but someone somewhere is enjoying Series 1 of Stargate sg-1 and buffy series 3 - twice...

07-25-2004 23:28 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Administrator

Its a complete mystery. We've had certain people that we had
to ship things to over and over and other people it gets there
in like a few days.. you just never know.

07-25-2004 23:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

All I can say to anyone else overseas if they are hesitaing due to the oddness of the USPs - order. Don't delay - order today.

The guys have shown that if things go wrong with the USPS they make sure you don't go without but 95% of the time we get our goods with no hitch.

07-25-2004 23:36 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Official Impasto

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2981065a4560,00.html
Ban on dog biscuits shaped like posties
24 July 2004

TORONTO: Dogs chomping on mail carrier-shaped treats is no laughing matter for Canada Post.

The unamused Canadian postal service – whose carriers endure more than their share of real dog bites – convinced Pet Valu stores to stop carrying Bark Bars, dog biscuits that come shaped like cats and letter carriers.

"This is not in any way, shape, or form funny for us, and to make light of that ... I don't see that as funny at all, not even in the least," said John Caines, Canada Post's national media relations manager.

The pet store chain, which has 292 outlets in Canada, agreed to withdraw the treats after it received a letter from Canada Post saying that employees were concerned about the risks mail carriers face from dogs and unhappy with having dog biscuits shaped in their likeness.

Earlier this summer, a letter carrier from Chatham in southwestern Ontario broke both her wrists and had part of her ear ripped off when she was attacked by two pitbull-like dogs.

Caines said that in the first six months of 2004 there were 160 dog attacks on mail carriers across Canada.

07-25-2004 23:39 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Administrator

Yeah we replace stuff that gets lost, it's not as bad
on the person ordering as it is on us. We have to do
special stuff to try and make sure the replacement
gets there.. we can always use FedEX which is more
reliable but is more expensve on us.

If you are overseas and you order, and you see nothing
in 2-3 weeks use the online order inquire form. Some
people wait like 6 months and then blow their top before
they inquire.

The online form is sent from this server and goes to
about three email addresses to make sure it gets here.
Emails can be blocked by virus software, you might have
a virus that attaches itself to outgoing mail and not know
it. If you do, we won't get the email. Sometimes just odd
code, like html in emails will be blocked as well.

07-26-2004 08:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mutt Has Arrived In Missouri!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH